Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone else who hated cartoons as a kid?

MitchThaToddler

Default anyone else who hated cartoons as a kid?

I've absolutely hated cartoons for at least as long as I can remember. when I say cartoons I include anime because contrary to what some may think anime is cartoons The absolute worst cartoons ever were the ones made by Disney. that cutesy wholesomeness has always irritated the living crap out of me. seriously for me the only way Disney World would ever be the happiest place on earth is if it burned to the ground.

You don't like cartoons???

But ... but ... WHY?!

I love all kinds of animation so I can not relate at all.

I think I understand what you are saying.

I liked the Loony Tones and Hanna Barbara stuff from the 60's when I was little. Then the politically correct craze started in the early seventies and the shows started to get "boring'

I still do not understand what is so bad about the Road Runner?

I TOTALLY HATE CARTOONS!!!

Except maybe for

Scooby Doo
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    The Flintstones
    Star Wars
    The Jetsons
    The Roadrunner
    Bugs Bunny
    Space Ghost
    Johnny Quest
    The Archies
    Batman
    Super Friends
    Justice League
    Spiderman
    Avengers
    Star Trek, the Animated Series
    Rocket Robin Hood
    Birdman
    Hercules

Okay, I changed my mind. Love them
    Last edited by Starrunner; 23-Apr-2016 at 12:30.

Yeah, I'm afraid I've always loved cartoons as well. Oddly enough, so did my daughter, and we used to watch them together. When I was a little kid and television was relatively new, they showed a lot of the old cartoons, some of which came from the silent movie era. Many of those were scary. The old Disney and Warner Brothers cartoons were well animated. Back then, each panel was drawn by hand.

Now I watch fun, happy and innocent cartoons like Aqua Teen, Hunger Force.

MarchinBunny

It's one of those things I don't think is possible to be perfectly honest. I have heard some people say they hate anime for example, but their reasoning behind it never makes a whole lot of sense. So when you extend it to cartoons as a whole, I think it makes even less sense.

Don't like the art? Well, not all cartoons have the same art style, so this would mean you don't like art in general if you hate all cartoons, because it would mean you hate all art styles.
    Don't like the stories? Well, guess that means you don't like books, shows, or movies either. The stories and genres for cartoons are just as vast as any media.

Basically every part of a cartoon you hate would imply you also hate something much larger. The only thing cartoons have that no other medium does not is animation (Although CG and visual effects in movies are not exactly cartoons and have to be animated to, but in a different manner). Hating animation though is sort of odd, and if it's not the animation part that you hate ... then chances are you do not hate cartoons, you just have yet to find one you like.

What happens more often than not is you decide you don't like something and so you never actually give it any chance. It's sort of like how a DC fan may hate Marvel, or a Playstation fan may hate xbox. It's all down to psychology. You hate it, because you say you do, but the reality is ... you wouldn't hate it if you where not so caught up in trying to hate it. There maybe certain aspects you don't like, but that applies to everyone.

MitchThaToddler

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    It's one of those things I don't think is possible to be perfectly honest. I have heard some people say they hate anime for example, but their reasoning behind it never makes a whole lot of sense. So when you extend it to cartoons as a whole, I think it makes even less sense.

Don't like the art? Well, not all cartoons have the same art style, so this would mean you don't like art in general if you hate all cartoons, because it would mean you hate all art styles.
    Don't like the stories? Well, guess that means you don't like books, shows, or movies either. The stories and genres for cartoons are just as vast as any media.

Basically every part of a cartoon you hate would imply you also hate something much larger. The only thing cartoons have that no other medium does not is animation (Although CG and visual effects in movies are not exactly cartoons and have to be animated to, but in a different manner). Hating animation though is sort of odd, and if it's not the animation part that you hate ... then chances are you do not hate cartoons, you just have yet to find one you like.

What happens more often than not is you decide you don't like something and so you never actually give it any chance. It's sort of like how a DC fan may hate Marvel, or a Playstation fan may hate xbox. It's all down to psychology. You hate it, because you say you do, but the reality is ... you wouldn't hate it if you where not so caught up in trying to hate it. There maybe certain aspects you don't like, but that applies to everyone.
    I just always had a strong dislike for things that weren't real. As a kid I felt that fiction of any kind was a lie and I've always hated being lied to. I refused to read fiction and believe or not I instinctively knew my parents were lying about Santa claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy, where babies came from etc even though they kept insisting it was all true