Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been an idiot

Default I've been an idiot

I didn't know where to post this but since this is an announcement of stupidity, I guess this is as good a place as any. Apparently I have been answering instant messages incorrectly. I just answered them in the box and hit send. I think I should have clicked either the name of the sender or the avatar and then answered and send. I think all I did was send the responses to myself...Doah! Anyway, I'm wasn't intentionally ignoring anyone. If I could go back and answer I would, or will. Some are old news now, however. I know what to do know, so please feel free to IM me. I will always return. What I'm looking for now is the book, Blogging for Dummies. Sorry!

Don't feel bad. I still haven't figured out how to navigate the wiki.

Yes, I went to the wiki on instant messaging, but there wasn't anything there, to my knowledge. I'm not blaming the wiki, however, and I do believe that most people on this site know a lot more about blogging than I do. I'm just going to have up my knowledge if I can find the time. I'll have to do it this summer when I'm not working at school. See, school is a waste of time!

It surprised me to see a thread with this title attached to your name. I should have predicted it was technical issues. You're not one of us teen-ajurs!

You eeeediot! *Smacks upside head*

It kind of sounds like you were using it right, but I've been using it for so long, that it's just natural for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I didn't know where to post this but since this is an announcement of stupidity, I guess this is as good a place as any. Apparently I have been answering instant messages incorrectly. I just answered them in the box and hit send. I think I should have clicked either the name of the sender or the avatar and then answered and send. I think all I did was send the responses to myself...Doah! Anyway, I'm wasn't intentionally ignoring anyone. If I could go back and answer I would, or will. Some are old news now, however. I know what to do know, so please feel free to IM me. I will always return. What I'm looking for now is the book, Blogging for Dummies. Sorry!
    It's the same with profile messaging!

I've done that many times Hence all the:

This message has been deleted by Dash. Reason: "I keep doing that."
    This message has been deleted by Dash. Reason: "Aw for Christ' sake!"

...And such malarkey. At least I'm not the only one who does it.
    Last edited by Dash; 04-Mar-2009 at 15:59. Reason: oops.

Countdown

lol Maybe I'm just stupid, but what are you talking about, Dogboy? Did ADISC get an instant messaging feature or something?

EmeraldsAndLime

I always click the "View Conversation" link before I reply to any profile messages.

Ooohhhhhhh......I thought Dogboy meant something like AIM or MSN (since he said "instant messages"). As far as profile messaging goes, I believe you're supposed to post on the other person's wall, just like in Facebook/Myspace.

Yea, that's what I meant to say! Doah!!! My age is showing, and to think I work IT at school. But we don't do this stuff. We do boring stuff.