Freestyle Maxi Brief order

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just ordered some stuff from Rearz, mainly plastic pants in their Spring clearance, but I've taken the opportunity to add on a Freestyle Maxi Brief I've been wanting to try for a while. This is apparently quite a thick and babyish washable AIO nappy made by Kushies. Website seems to say they don't/ can't send this abroad, but they seem to have sent it. So looking forward to it !!

sambus said:
Just ordered some stuff from Rearz, mainly plastic pants in their Spring clearance, but I've taken the opportunity to add on a Freestyle Maxi Brief I've been wanting to try for a while. This is apparently quite a thick and babyish washable AIO nappy made by Kushies. Website seems to say they don't/ can't send this abroad, but they seem to have sent it. So looking forward to it !!

I look very much forward to your review of the Freestyle! It's a diaper I'd like to try at some point. There's a US distributor here. Not sure what their policies are on shipping abroad.

Cottontail said:
I look very much forward to your review of the Freestyle! It's a diaper I'd like to try at some point. There's a US distributor here. Not sure what their policies are on shipping abroad.

Yes, of course I'll do a review - may be a while though, a previous order took 2 months to get to me! (Not their fault, I chose surface mail to keep costs down)
BTW are you in the USA Cottontail?

Well, I bought a couple of Freestyle Maxis from URINControl. I wound up donating them to charity.

The concept is great ... I love AIOs. However, this particular diaper is absurdly thick and, as a result, doesn't fit well. I would not be inclined to try sleeping in them.

My nanny, who loves to see me in almost anything babyish, said these diapers made me look like Donald Duck on a bad night. She thought they were comical.

If I had to order them again - and I won't - I might try a smaller size. I have a 36" waist and ordered larges. To say that they were too large is an understatement ... they were huge!

I was also not impressed by shipping. The two Freestyle Maxis I ordered came tucked in a paper bag.

Having seen these floating around since the "Indisposable" days in the 1990s, I had higher expectations. I hope your mileage varies!

the name "freestyle" immediately brings up images of walking around in public in just a diaper.

sambus said:
Yes, of course I'll do a review - may be a while though, a previous order took 2 months to get to me! (Not their fault, I chose surface mail to keep costs down)
BTW are you in the USA Cottontail?
Yes, I'm in the US. And actually, the comments above about the thickness sound good to me. Although I don't anticipate wearing in public, and I'm a tummy sleeper besides. Plus, I mostly wear prefolds, which are also quite waddly. :)
bambinod said:
the name "freestyle" immediately brings up images of walking around in public in just a diaper.
Or of Mel Gibson shouting, "FREEEEDOMMMM!"--wearing only a diaper.

Hmm, looks comfy!

Please let us know how you like it. :smile1:

sbmccue said:
Well, I bought a couple of Freestyle Maxis from URINControl. I wound up donating them to charity.

The concept is great ... I love AIOs. However, this particular diaper is absurdly thick and, as a result, doesn't fit well. I would not be inclined to try sleeping in them.

My nanny, who loves to see me in almost anything babyish, said these diapers made me look like Donald Duck on a bad night. She thought they were comical.

If I had to order them again - and I won't - I might try a smaller size. I have a 36" waist and ordered larges. To say that they were too large is an understatement ... they were huge!

I was also not impressed by shipping. The two Freestyle Maxis I ordered came tucked in a paper bag.

Having seen these floating around since the "Indisposable" days in the 1990s, I had higher expectations. I hope your mileage varies!

Hi sbmccue

thanks for this no-holds-barred review! I'm sure I've seen somewhere else - Amazon I think - about someone finding they were overrsized so am glad I ordered medium as I'm about 35" waist myself so could have gone either way. Can't understand how not many of you US guys have tried them when shipping must be much less hassle for you!

Nothing says anything about the function itself... how dogs it perform?

If you mean 'how does it perform,' I wasn't particularly impressed. In large, this is a b-i-g diaper ... it's about the size of a small pillow when folded and the velcro attached properly. The problem I had was reoccurring leaks around the legs. The thickness meant it was difficult to put on tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back