• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi all,
i'm back after a long break, hopefully there are some old timers that remember me from 2011/2012, I shant be too active for about a week while i rebuild my pc (using my old laptop) as a so called rogue update from microsoft blocked my legal access too a licensed copy of win 7 on my system and whne i rebuilt win 7, microsoft did the same thing so i;m putting win 10 on and then i should be more active again.

PCBaby

Hello PCBaby and welcome back.

Egor

welcome back! Hope you don't have too much trouble getting your computer rebuilt :thumbsup:

thank you both

Hi and welcome back and yes, I remember you. Yeah, by Windows 7, they stopped including a version of Windows when you bought your computer so you couldn't reformat your own hard drive, or at least that was my experience.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome back and yes, I remember you. Yeah, by Windows 7, they stopped including a version of Windows when you bought your computer so you couldn't reformat your own hard drive, or at least that was my experience.
Hi Dogboy, it appears microsoft are sending out what they call a rogue update which in some cases actually installs win 10 on your systemm even if you have refused to install it previously, or it will stop giving acces to win 7 or lower, or as in my case actually stopped me accessing my primary SSD :cursing:. So i'm waiting for a friend to get me a cheap licence (£25-$35) so that i can use his oem software to do a full install of the highest verson of win 10. then once i'm ok with it, i'll do the same for the laptop

PCBaby said:
Hi Dogboy, it appears microsoft are sending out what they call a rogue update which in some cases actually installs win 10 on your systemm even if you have refused to install it previously, or it will stop giving acces to win 7 or lower, or as in my case actually stopped me accessing my primary SSD :cursing:. So i'm waiting for a friend to get me a cheap licence (£25-$35) so that i can use his oem software to do a full install of the highest verson of win 10. then once i'm ok with it, i'll do the same for the laptop

Yes, Windows keeps stalking my laptop insisting that I upgrade to Windows 10. The problem with doing that is that it will take about 7 hours and I'll have to stay with my laptop to keep it from going to sleep. I could change the sleep setting, but I don't think it goes to 7 hours. Besides, I have a touch screen and the laptop converts to tablet mode so I don't really want or need Windows 10.

Wb

dogboy said:
Yes, Windows keeps stalking my laptop insisting that I upgrade to Windows 10. The problem with doing that is that it will take about 7 hours and I'll have to stay with my laptop to keep it from going to sleep. I could change the sleep setting, but I don't think it goes to 7 hours. Besides, I have a touch screen and the laptop converts to tablet mode so I don't really want or need Windows 10.

The other problem is, it's an upgrade and not a new install, so you won't get full win 10 fubctionality any way, the only way to overcome that is to buy a full copy of win 10 or get a licence for 1. I don't have a touchscreen on my laptop or my main pc, so that will be another £200-300 on top of everything else.

I have to correct a misstatement, when you upgrade to Windows 10, you get the full Windows 10. The difference between an upgrade and clean install is that an upgrade migrates all your applications, while a clean install requires you to also install all your applications.

When I upgraded to Windows 10, the upgrade took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours (that does not include any download time before I started the upgrade). I would also think that Windows 10, which like its lousy predecessor, Windows 8, is touchscreen aware would be an improvement on a convertible PC (tablet/PC mode).

howiebabe said:
I have to correct a misstatement, when you upgrade to Windows 10, you get the full Windows 10. The difference between an upgrade and clean install is that an upgrade migrates all your applications, while a clean install requires you to also install all your applications.

When I upgraded to Windows 10, the upgrade took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours (that does not include any download time before I started the upgrade). I would also think that Windows 10, which like its lousy predecessor, Windows 8, is touchscreen aware would be an improvement on a convertible PC (tablet/PC mode).

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll consider the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back