• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Make way for a nerdy boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hey, I'm Little Lettuce, and I guess you could say that I have been a diaper lover ever since I was a kid, although I never knew that it even had a name back then. I also guess you could say that I'm a little as well, or at least my stuffed animals and my movie collection that is mostly cartoons and family flicks would say that... I guess you could say that I've been a little long before I even knew that little existed (ugh, the days before widespread internet I just thought that I was a total freak).

Sadly, I have never really had a chance to really explore my diaper lover side. Sure I'd purposefully wet and sometimes mess my pants on a very regular basis and then shamefully clean it up, but I never actually treated myself and bought myself real diapers, until recently. Recently I finally allowed myself to meet up with a local group of littles, and finally have started to become a little more comfortable with myself, and these urges that I have had since I was out of diapers the first time (and boy, it wasn't easy to get me out of them, and sadly there was no such thing back then as goodnites for my bedwetting that never completely ended until I was a teen). I guess you could say that it's like those old Toys R Us commercials, I don't wanna grow up, and maybe that's not a bad thing.

Anyways, that's not the introduction that everyone is looking for, as that is pretty commonplace on this site.

So, I work for a computer store, or as I call it "the nerd store." When I am not working, I spent way too much time on the internet, although I still do find time for a good book and a good JRPG.

I am also a big music nerd, and I have a record collection that is probably close to a thousand at this point. I have way too much audio gear as well. Without music, my life would be very boring.

Also, I love to see bands play live, and I also have a video camera that I bring around and film bands with. Having these performances on tape is always great for bringing back a memory of a good concert.

Anyways, a part of becoming more comfortable with my little side is making this account here, and getting up the courage to actually make an introductory post and saying "hey, look at this new kid here! Look at me, look at me!" So, if there's anything else that anyone is curious about me, about what makes me tick, etc, feel free to reply to this post. I hope to make a whole bunch of new friends (yay! friends!!!) during the time that I spend on this forum.

As a lapsed musician I am rather interested with how you record concerts. Do you generally get decent sound out of your recordings, and if so what kind of gear are you using. Experience has taught me that most cameras (especially those in cell phones) cannot handel the volume of a typical rock concert and just end up distorting.

Perhaps my issues weren't as major as yours, but I was a frequent bedwetter up to the age of nine, and still had the occasional accident up until I was 11 or 12. But I never had the luxery of diapers or pullups. Once I was day trained my parents thought that wearing diapers to bed would send the wrong message and that the discomfort of a wet bed would help me to learn.

Hi and welcome to adisc. I enjoyed your introduction thread. Well done. I'm a professional musician and when I started out in life, there were only vinyl records. I suppose it's still a great medium as it's linear. I also played in a very good rock band for 15 years. Our biggest gigs were in front of 20,000 people. I played keyboards and sang backup.

I'm classically trained in church music and I still do that. My other thing is to practice and learn new classical pieces on piano. I just love doing it.

CuddleFish said:
As a lapsed musician I am rather interested with how you record concerts. Do you generally get decent sound out of your recordings, and if so what kind of gear are you using. Experience has taught me that most cameras (especially those in cell phones) cannot handel the volume of a typical rock concert and just end up distorting.

The last couple of years, I have used a combination of a camera plus Rode Videomic. The Videomic really does help, because most camcorders that I have used have had pretty crappy built in mics. My current camera, a Canon XH-A1, is pretty decent for video, although I really wish that it handled low light better.

Here is an example of my current camera + microphone. You can hear the audio does get a little too loud at some points, but not in a way that really distracts from the experience.

CuddleFish said:
Perhaps my issues weren't as major as yours, but I was a frequent bedwetter up to the age of nine, and still had the occasional accident up until I was 11 or 12. But I never had the luxery of diapers or pullups. Once I was day trained my parents thought that wearing diapers to bed would send the wrong message and that the discomfort of a wet bed would help me to learn.

Yeah, that's about same here. Mainly stopped around age 9 or 10, but I would wake up wet once in a while up through around 13 or so (with the wonderful dream of using the bathroom in my dream, only to be actually wetting my bed). At that point, I just let my sheets and PJs air out and never say anything, because I felt that I'd get yelled at for having an accident in bed at my age. At that point, I usually woke up in time to stop myself before I completely flooded everything, so it wasn't too bad at that point.

edit:

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome to adisc. I enjoyed your introduction thread. Well done. I'm a professional musician and when I started out in life, there were only vinyl records. I suppose it's still a great medium as it's linear. I also played in a very good rock band for 15 years. Our biggest gigs were in front of 20,000 people. I played keyboards and sang backup.

I'm classically trained in church music and I still do that. My other thing is to practice and learn new classical pieces on piano. I just love doing it.

Very cool! I'm glad to see that there's other music fans on this forum. 15 years is a good long time to play with a band, I hope that you had a lot of fun during those years. While I never had the chance to learn an instrument beyond beginner piano lessons when I was a kid, I love seeing a band play. It's great that people will travel from city to city just to make their fans happy to see them perform.

When it comes to music, my tastes range from anything from prog to punk, and all sorts of delightful things in between. As long as it makes my ears happy, I'll listen to it with a big grin on my face.

LittleLettuce said:
The last couple of years, I have used a combination of a camera plus Rode Videomic. The Videomic really does help, because most camcorders that I have used have had pretty crappy built in mics. My current camera, a Canon XH-A1, is pretty decent for video, although I really wish that it handled low light better.

Ah, excellent! Another video nerd. I had an XH-A1 for a long time, and was always accused of being a member of the media wherever I went, despite that I was just a dad recording his kids' concerts. :) I've gone through a few cameras since, and am mostly a DSLR guy now--although I do also have a Sony AX100, which fun little gadget. I don't miss tape, but the XH-A1 was a joy to operate in every other way.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

(And I'm a JRPG nerd, too.)

Tape is a drawback, that's for sure. I'll still take it over the HDD camera that I was using before it. Sometimes when there would be a lot of vibration at a concert due to bass and such, the hard drive on my old camera would stop recording and give me errors and need to be restarted. At least I know that the tape is running the whole time, even if changing tapes out in the middle of a concert is a pain. I do like the camera though, and I get taken a little more seriously when people see it as well, which means less people standing in front of me and my tripod.

Thanks for the welcome, Cottontail. I really think that I'm going to like it here.

Yeah, that's about same here. Mainly stopped around age 9 or 10, but I would wake up wet once in a while up through around 13 or so (with the wonderful dream of using the bathroom in my dream, only to be actually wetting my bed).
That's so funny, that's exactly what happened to me. Even to this day I might find myself in an unfortunate dream bathroom and the result is pretty much the same, only now such incidents happen less than once a year, so I wouldn't say it's a major issue.

Ironically, when I dream of using a diaper I wake up dry.

Here is an example of my current camera + microphone. You can hear the audio does get a little too loud at some points, but not in a way that really distracts from the experience.
Not bad!:D
The right gear really does go a long way. I have seen so many unlistenable bootleg videos. I wonder why anybody bothers to share them.

Welcome LittleLetuce! :D

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
Welcome LittleLetuce! :D

Thanks, Awesome Jamie! Love your nerdy avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back