Anyone know if/when the original Snuggies/Tykables are ever coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowTrees

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I preferred the original ones to the overnites. I know they had to re brand, but I'm wondering if they're going to keep just selling the overnites. That would stink... I really felt like the orignials fit me better than any other diaper I've tried, but if so, oh well.

They've been quoted on reddit and elsewhere that those are done. However, they are apparently still interested in bringing thinner diapers of that sort to market, so we just have to wait and see what they come up with.

It's interesting to see all the people asking that same question, I know I've been asking it for awhile now. I just hope they listen to all the voices and either bring 'em back or replace them with something similar. An affordable thinner diaper with all the premium features.

Why did they stop making the original Snuggies? Seems like there's enough demand for the market to support such a product.

The original ones just are not absorbent enough IMO. I love 'em don't get me wrong but if they want to compete against My Diaper, ABU, Fabines they really need to have a bigger capacity.

A thinner product could be workable sure but it still needs to be great.

INTrePid said:
Why did they stop making the original Snuggies? Seems like there's enough demand for the market to support such a product.

Someone probably thinking that "bigger is always better" would be my guess. Five years ago that would probably have been true, but now with a much larger number of competing high-capacity diapers on the market, that niche is about full. There's nobody selling a high quality thin or medium diaper right now, they need to recognize that. I have some overnights and tighty-whities onhand still but they're pretty low on my perference list. Their smaller size and slower wicking makes them an inferior product for me for overnight, and they sweat too much during the day. *shrug* Hard to say for certain, only they can really look at the numbers and know what's the more profitable approach. I have to assume someone there has done the math and decided this is a good idea. (or they're fools, you don't make a market decision like this without doing the research in advance)

bambinod said:
Someone probably thinking that "bigger is always better" would be my guess. Five years ago that would probably have been true, but now with a much larger number of competing high-capacity diapers on the market, that niche is about full. There's nobody selling a high quality thin or medium diaper right now, they need to recognize that. I have some overnights and tighty-whities onhand still but they're pretty low on my perference list. Their smaller size and slower wicking makes them an inferior product for me for overnight, and they sweat too much during the day. *shrug* Hard to say for certain, only they can really look at the numbers and know what's the more profitable approach. I have to assume someone there has done the math and decided this is a good idea. (or they're fools, you don't make a market decision like this without doing the research in advance)

Found the relevant post on their Ask Me Anything thread on reddit. It doesn't explain why they stopped but it doesn't seem like it was the "bigger is always better" mentality: https://www.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/4aqai8/tykables_ama_here/d12m34y

thanks for that link, Trevor, that's exactly the information a lot of us have been looking for, right from the source.

I was a fan of the original strength Snuggies for daytime wear, but they certainly were charging an ABU capacity price for an ATN level of absorbency.

Miss 'em for sure, but also understand why they weren't a hot seller.

It's a shame they could not just update them if people want more absorbency. For me, they had the best visual design of any ABDL diaper out there.

DloverUK said:
It's a shame they could not just update them if people want more absorbency. For me, they had the best visual design of any ABDL diaper out there.

that's what the waddler overnights and tighty whities were for, as far as I could tell the only difference was different shell art and higher capacity padding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back