Summer Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aston

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
What does everyone wear for the summer diaper wise? I went to a sporting even over the weekend and it was 80 degrees out... I was dieing of heat and to mention it was uncomfortable!!

Last edited:
Here in the UK we hardly get good weather so I just wear what I wear any other time of year

I spoke with an ABU rep a little while ago about their plans to update the Cloth-backed Cushies, and they said it should be out by the time Summer hits. They may even make the announcement this Friday (when the new ABU turns 1!)... The v1's not a terrible choice at the moment, but they seem a little flimsy to me, not as sturdy as their v2 cushies/SDK's.

OhHeyThere said:
I spoke with an ABU rep a little while ago about their plans to update the Cloth-backed Cushies, and they said it should be out by the time Summer hits. They may even make the announcement this Friday (when the new ABU turns 1!)... The v1's not a terrible choice at the moment, but they seem a little flimsy to me, not as sturdy as their v2 cushies/SDK's.

Yeah, the rev1 cloth cushies were imho worse than the rev1 plastic. I got a few bags of them recently in a mixed case, and they're of little use. Won't miss them when they're gone. Will be interesting to see what they replace them with.

The Molicare diapers with the plastic crotch and cloth side panels work pretty well for warm weather.

I wear cloth and plastic pants so that doesn't change for me during the summer. I may wear less in the summer, but I think that may be more related to my increasing my physical activity. Things can get very hot in Virginia during the summer.

Abena M3s and plastic pants, year in, year out. They're hellish, but Australian summers are already so hellish that a little extra hellishness is almost unnoticeable.

Using the same plastic back diapers. But i do add a few things. Diaper wide inserts for extra cooling.

Here how. First get crushed ice. Lay the crushed ice in the diaper. Lay the diapers insert on top of that. Put the diapers on. Now you have diaper that stay cool.

I don't live in a consistently hot area, so I mostly just the same thing as the rest of the year. Cloth-backed diapers do breathe better if you're really suffering, but I'd mostly suggest that you wear a diaper that keeps your pants dry and then make sure to hydrate well and stay out of the heat.

Lestat said:
Using the same plastic back diapers. But i do add a few things. Diaper wide inserts for extra cooling.

Here how. First get crushed ice. Lay the crushed ice in the diaper. Lay the diapers insert on top of that. Put the diapers on. Now you have diaper that stay cool.

Won't that eventually result in soaked diapers when the ice melts?

Also won't you freeze your balls off?!!

Next time it getsvreally warm i'm going to take the Northshore cloth for a spin,as i rule i have very poor tolrande for cold ,heat is usually a non issue however sweat huild up in my PP is annoying.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ArchieRoni said:
Won't that eventually result in soaked diapers when the ice melts?
Well that why you have a diaper insert so it extra absorbent. Also protect your jewels from freezing.

Tena Flex Plus or maxi. Cloth backed but performing well. Invisible under shorts and log T-shirt. Good for prolonged movement during summer.

Lestat said:
Well that why you have a diaper insert so it extra absorbent. Also protect your jewels from freezing.

I would love to post a link to a clip from The Martian where he says "I'd love to explore this problem further... but my balls are frozen!", but alas I don't see it on youtube. :(

ill switch to a good cloth style pull up and change more often... poweder is a life saver also

Merp said:
You guys/gals changing to cloth backed kill me. �� I can just hear the diaper companies saying "cloth backed has gone up 20% this quarter. Let's discontinue the plastic backed line".

No kidding! I was 24/7 through last summer and while it certainly didn't add to my comfort to wear, it wasn't unbearable and I don't think a clothlike cover would have helped any in comfort. They're not fun at all, and I think that has to factor in. People should wear what they want or like but those very rarely make my diaper time enjoyable.

CookieMonstah said:
Here in the UK we hardly get good weather so I just wear what I wear any other time of year

was today hot enough for you??? :smile1:

yeah, we had a scorcher, today, topping out at 22C in the sun (stop laughing, the rest of y'all; that's hot for us).

anyway, i usually wear trad nappies, so i don't really make any special arrangements other than whatever i'm wearing over them. i'm usually in shorts and t-shirts in decent weather, but i tend to wear a scrub-top if i'm wearing a big nappy:
View attachment 26065

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back