why do you wear adult diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear them simply because I enjoy it. I love the feeling, and comfort that being padded brings me, great feeling. I have absolutely no idea as to why this is something I like, or how it came about, but I do know that it will likely always be a part of me to some degree, and I'm alright with that.

I came to it late (early 30s) via friends in the furry world. That was the point at which my job became a career, with all the additional stress and responsibility that entailed. Also purchased a house, so had the whole mortgage deal to contend with. I think being able to wear and use diapers out of choice was my way of pushing back against all those grown up rules and expectations.

I have like diaper and plastic pant since i was 4. Was a bed wetter for a lot of year and still wet the bed now and then. They are now a comfort and relaxing and at time sexual. There are no signs of me ever changing this. I am getting to an age that i don 't care if people find out i do this.

I wear them strictly for sexual reasons. It's something I actually just starting getting into, so I'm not totally sure yet why it gets me off so good, but I think it has something to do with wanting to be cared for by my partner, hence wishing to dress up and act like a baby.

I love how they feel on me down below. a brand new diaper always gets tighter in the front within a few minutes after I put it on. I hope that wasn't too much information

Because I have autism, wearing diapers for me is as much a sensory thing as it is a source of comfort and security.

I do not feel normal if i'm wearing pants. I do not like using public toilets, and I only ever use the toilet when I am at home. I remember once I went on holiday to south africa, for 2 weeks, and I wore a diaper 24/7 as I did not like the toilet in my room.

I am the same about showering, I will only shower when at home.
This is part of the reason I try to avoid vacations over seas.

Me i am 247 not by choice

I have always had a fascination with diapers. I am sure it has something to do with my parents separating when I was still very young, (under 2), and living with my dad those early years. I remember always wishing my friends moms were mine. I still saw my mom once a week, but it was different. I was a bed wetter until I was 18 and always wished to be able to wear diapers for that. I never let anyone know, which I regret. Although I don't think my mom would have ever let me wear if I asked. I was always treated like I was just being lazy. I would steal baby diapers when I was little, and once I had a drivers license, I was buying depends and attends whenever I could afford it. I always kept everything hidden and was terrified than anyone would find out. When my wife and I were first dating I confided in her, as I knew that she was going to be the one for me. I'd love to say she handled it well, but her reaction was more typical. At first it was just a no, then over the years turned into a "don't want to see or hear it" type of thing. At some point around the 9th year of marriage she changed her mind and was open to me wearing whenever I wanted and even tried them once or twice. Stresses at work hit a high point and we relocated to another city in our state. I guess the stress was too much, because the bed wetting came back. That was one of the toughest conversations we had ever had. On the bright side, she was very supportive, and even bought diapers for me when I was running low. I was amazed at how great it felt to wake up in a dry bed with a wet diaper on. This is what I had missed out on as a child. It was the dry bed that was so wonderful. Diapers have been mostly a 24/7 thing since then.

bambinod said:
I don't know much about CP... are diapers a requirement for most people with that condition?

In answer to your question, not all, maybe not even most, but for a lot of us, yes, If for no other reason than our other muscles are a pain in the butt, and I'd venture to say that incontinence, and the management of it, even if not with diapers, is bigger than a lot of us want known. Gee, how do I explain this?

CP, a birth brain injury, is a bit like a birthmark. Not everyone has it, but everyone who does, has it differently. Some skeletal muscles are stiff, some are weak, and some are typical. (Scoffs. Find me one typical skeletal muscle on my body.) For the majority, orthopedic surgery is a requirement. I remember around 5, having both my legs pretty pink casted, with a big bar between them, for my medial hamstrings and adductors surgery. My legs looked like such an A, I couldn't fit through the bathroom door. That was my first experience with a cloth diaper. It was there for me, without me ever being threatened with it. What a concept!:mad:

If not for the brain my bladder and bowels are attached to, they'd be fine, but a lot of the time, because the skeletal muscles spasm, those spastic skeletal muscles cause the bladder and bowels to be sort of discordant, just because they're so close to the skeletal muscles. This can mean sitting there wishing to go, and not being able, because the muscles don't wanna open, or going all over oneself.

Depending on the muscles effected, the type of CP, (Sometimes several types mix.) and the severity level, training just isn't pheasable. Some of us can't talk. Gotta have breath control, and control of the tongue, cheeks, lips, and face in general, for that. Not having these makes telling someone you need a bathroom difficult.

I had a severe athetoid type friend who can't walk, sit without extensive support, eat certain foods without choking or aspirating, talk, or feed himself, among other things. We had quickfire phrases, and the alphabet, for anything that wasn't pre written, on a paper hung on the wall. He'd look at it, we'd go through it, and he'd raise his eyebrows for yes and shake his head for no. I always wondered how, more often than not, he had someone put him on his potty chair before his dam broke. Spare undies were kept in his bag. I wondered, as bad as bladder spasms hurt, as dependent as he is, wouldn't diapering him be kinder, no one insisting they be used, no one shaming when they were?

My sister can talk your ear off, but moving her to the massively supportive, strappy, heavy potty chair, while she tried to concentrate on holding her muscles closed, resulted in wet floors, because just moving her made it happen. Needless to say, we stopped fighting the tide. What can also happen is that caretakers can say, "Yeah, I can lift him/her now, he/she is 6. How am I to take him/her potty at 17, when he/she's my height and weight. What are we to do in public, drag his/her medical monsterosity potty chair with us?! (Not a typical bedside comode either, lateral thoracic supports, harness, seatbelt, thigh supports, knee separator block, footrests, the whole bit.)

For some of us from wheelchair to toilet takes 15 minutes. Just the transfer. Not From the need to go. Some people find toilet transfers unsafe and terrifying.

A friend of mine got very sad and frustrated at camp as a kid, because his councilor had no idea how to toilet him and he wet himself daily, until a lady who knew him from school taught the councilor how.
Another friend would just be living life normally, suddenly burst into tears, and say she needed to use the restroom. Y'know they took her, then punished her for crying?! It took them practically forf**kingever to think, "Hey, maybe she's having bladder spasms, and she's scared to say so because we keep punishing what turned out to be pain, or maybe she doesn't wanna anger her source of help! Gosh we're stupid!"

I had one uneducated aide in kindergarten or first grade, who used to ask why I cut off my urine flow. What I would've said at the time, because, "bladder spasm," wasn't yet in my vocabulary, "I didn't; my body did," barely made sense to me at that age, so I said nothing. Any time I leaked, I either said nothing and convenced Aunt Jan it was some other fluid, or the few times I remember her catching me in the act, she yelled at me. Convincing her it was another fluid actually f**king worked, even if it resulted in pediatrician's visits. Actually, it worked for a while on Brenda, wicked b**ch of the south, too. How stupid you gotta be. . .?!
Successfully impressing that wetting and messing oneself is wrong is entirely possible, but if it genuinely can't be helped, it doesn't stop, unless the person does unhealthy things to try to stop it, like only drinking at certain times, eating enough to plug himself or herself up, or not eating, so there's less to pass. It just makes a person better at lying about it. I remember a visit to Dr. Sandy, my pediatric psychologist, I had to pee in the middle of, and Aunt Jan b**ched about having to take me! Then, she got cancer, and left a trail of pee from where she'd been, to the toilet. I closed my door and laughed my ass off at her. See what happens?! Mwahahaha! My bowels spasm too, but not as much as my bladder. Defiantly enough to make, "Don't get off the toilet immediately after peeing," a rule.

I use a regular toilet, and will be darned if I'm diapered of anyone else's volition, but I fell in mid toilet transfer Tuesday night, had to belly crawl from the bathroom to my carpeted bedroom, because carpet creates enough friction underfoot to get back in my chair, and had a great deal of trouble getting into bed. If I hadn't overworked my knees, I wouldn't have had so much trouble. I didn't go pee until about 5 a.m. because the urge finally left me the hell alone, but there were times I thought I'd pee myself right there in my bedroom floor.

The ability to walk with CP doesn't save some people either. Sometimes moving makes the urgency worse.
Can you imagine walking? Some have pelvic floor muscle weakness, so there're times when there's no urgency, just a bit of a fluttery feeling before, "dammit," if that. Some leak when we're excited, laughing, scared, or just move the wrong way.

Sometimes CP caries cognitive deficits, so some who would be otherwise capable, just aren't there yet. Also, lazy eye, trouble eye tracking, (Botox was first used on someone severely effected, to help with this.) and not being able to hold one's breath as long as non-palsied people, among other things, aren't unheard of.

Last edited:
I have worn plastic pants since I was young. I had a few accidents, wetting, that made me wish there was some way to not have them be noticed. I also found out about latex clothing in my early teens. Both plastic pants and latex leaked, so cloth diapers came back into play. For a period in my 20's I was free to wear what I felt I wanted to wear. Diapers were a comfort. In my 30's I got married but my wife disliked diapers. After my wife passed away, I slowly got back to wearing diapers. They have been a great comfort for me and I am sleeping better again while I wear them.

I wear Nappies because I love them with all my heart. I am 24, I still live with parents and it was only back in January this year I finally went ahead and ordered myself my first ever Adult Nappies, the desire to wear Nappies had never ever been so strong, I just had to go ahead and be brave and order myself some. I do get extreme Anxiety attacks when waiting for them to be delivered and I do not get to wear them often but when I do finally get some free time to put a Nappy on, I am in absoloute heaven that words can just not describe.

It is a very strong, lovely, relaxed emotional feeling I get when I have a Nappy on, I love everything about them, I am not incontinent but absoloutely love to wee in my Nappy :)

I was a bedwetter until I was 17 and wore diapers to bed the entire time. After I no longer needed them I realized how much I missed them. Wearing diapers takes me back to a younger time and gives me feelings of comfort and safety.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
In answer to your question, not all, maybe not even most, but for a lot of us, yes, If for no other reason than our other muscles are a pain in the butt, and I'd venture to say that incontinence, and the management of it, even if not with diapers, is bigger than a lot of us want known. Gee, how do I explain this?

CP, a birth brain injury, is a bit like a birthmark. Not everyone has it, but everyone who does, has it differently. Some skeletal muscles are stiff, some are weak, and some are typical. (Scoffs. Find me one typical skeletal muscle on my body.) For the majority, orthopedic surgery is a requirement. I remember around 5, having both my legs pretty pink casted, with a big bar between them, for my medial hamstrings and adductors surgery. My legs looked like such an A, I couldn't fit through the bathroom door. That was my first experience with a cloth diaper. It was there for me, without me ever being threatened with it. What a concept!:mad:

If not for the brain my bladder and bowels are attached to, they'd be fine, but a lot of the time, because the skeletal muscles spasm, those spastic skeletal muscles cause the bladder and bowels to be sort of discordant, just because they're so close to the skeletal muscles. This can mean sitting there wishing to go, and not being able, because the muscles don't wanna open, or going all over oneself.

Depending on the muscles effected, the type of CP, (Sometimes several types mix.) and the severity level, training just isn't pheasable. Some of us can't talk. Gotta have breath control, and control of the tongue, cheeks, lips, and face in general, for that. Not having these makes telling someone you need a bathroom difficult.

I had a severe athetoid type friend who can't walk, sit without extensive support, eat certain foods without choking or aspirating, talk, or feed himself, among other things. We had quickfire phrases, and the alphabet, for anything that wasn't pre written, on a paper hung on the wall. He'd look at it, we'd go through it, and he'd raise his eyebrows for yes and shake his head for no. I always wondered how, more often than not, he had someone put him on his potty chair before his dam broke. Spare undies were kept in his bag. I wondered, as bad as bladder spasms hurt, as dependent as he is, wouldn't diapering him be kinder, no one insisting they be used, no one shaming when they were?

My sister can talk your ear off, but moving her to the massively supportive, strappy, heavy potty chair, while she tried to concentrate on holding her muscles closed, resulted in wet floors, because just moving her made it happen. Needless to say, we stopped fighting the tide. What can also happen is that caretakers can say, "Yeah, I can lift him/her now, he/she is 6. How am I to take him/her potty at 17, when he/she's my height and weight. What are we to do in public, drag his/her medical monsterosity potty chair with us?! (Not a typical bedside comode either, lateral thoracic supports, harness, seatbelt, thigh supports, knee separator block, footrests, the whole bit.)

For some of us from wheelchair to toilet takes 15 minutes. Just the transfer. Not From the need to go. Some people find toilet transfers unsafe and terrifying.

A friend of mine got very sad and frustrated at camp as a kid, because his councilor had no idea how to toilet him and he wet himself daily, until a lady who knew him from school taught the councilor how.
Another friend would just be living life normally, suddenly burst into tears, and say she needed to use the restroom. Y'know they took her, then punished her for crying?! It took them practically forf**kingever to think, "Hey, maybe she's having bladder spasms, and she's scared to say so because we keep punishing what turned out to be pain, or maybe she doesn't wanna anger her source of help! Gosh we're stupid!"

I had one uneducated aide in kindergarten or first grade, who used to ask why I cut off my urine flow. What I would've said at the time, because, "bladder spasm," wasn't yet in my vocabulary, "I didn't; my body did," barely made sense to me at that age, so I said nothing. Any time I leaked, I either said nothing and convenced Aunt Jan it was some other fluid, or the few times I remember her catching me in the act, she yelled at me. Convincing her it was another fluid actually f**king worked, even if it resulted in pediatrician's visits. Actually, it worked for a while on Brenda, wicked b**ch of the south, too. How stupid you gotta be. . .?!
Successfully impressing that wetting and messing oneself is wrong is entirely possible, but if it genuinely can't be helped, it doesn't stop, unless the person does unhealthy things to try to stop it, like only drinking at certain times, eating enough to plug himself or herself up, or not eating, so there's less to pass. It just makes a person better at lying about it. I remember a visit to Dr. Sandy, my pediatric psychologist, I had to pee in the middle of, and Aunt Jan b**ched about having to take me! Then, she got cancer, and left a trail of pee from where she'd been, to the toilet. I closed my door and laughed my ass off at her. See what happens?! Mwahahaha! My bowels spasm too, but not as much as my bladder. Defiantly enough to make, "Don't get off the toilet immediately after peeing," a rule.

I use a regular toilet, and will be darned if I'm diapered of anyone else's volition, but I fell in mid toilet transfer Tuesday night, had to belly crawl from the bathroom to my carpeted bedroom, because carpet creates enough friction underfoot to get back in my chair, and had a great deal of trouble getting into bed. If I hadn't overworked my knees, I wouldn't have had so much trouble. I didn't go pee until about 5 a.m. because the urge finally left me the hell alone, but there were times I thought I'd pee myself right there in my bedroom floor.

The ability to walk with CP doesn't save some people either. Sometimes moving makes the urgency worse.
Can you imagine walking? Some have pelvic floor muscle weakness, so there're times when there's no urgency, just a bit of a fluttery feeling before, "dammit," if that. Some leak when we're excited, laughing, scared, or just move the wrong way.

Sometimes CP caries cognitive deficits, so some who would be otherwise capable, just aren't there yet. Also, lazy eye, trouble eye tracking, (Botox was first used on someone severely effected, to help with this.) and not being able to hold one's breath as long as non-palsied people, among other things, aren't unheard of.

I was thinking these same thoughts as an older adult with Cerebral Palsy.
I may be a "walker", but my bladder and bowel control is crap.

I was a bed wetter until my mid teens but never wore a nappy any longer than a few weeks until I started again when I was 38 years old. I may have to start wearing though out the day as I'm starting to loose day time control as well lately.

I wear nappies 24/7 as I am incontinent and enuretic. I have become very much DL as a result and thoroughly enjoy being dependant on nappies now and wouldn't want to be cured of my incontinence and enuresis now.

caitianx said:
I wear diapers because I have Cerebral Palsy.
i also have CP! i'm not an AB or DL but like to show myself in my diapers on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back