Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feel n learn/ cool alert pull ups

Default feel n learn/ cool alert pull ups

has anyone ever tried these? i bought the huggies cool alert and i find that they kind of suck. i can sometimes feel the coolness but only for a second. if anyone wants to write to huggie, you should tell them that it doesnt work. does anyone know how they work? i know that the water in your urine activates a special (especially bad) compound that creates a chemical reaction resulting in coolness. i guess how cool depends on the amount of water in your urine (ie, yellow urine wont react as nicely as clear). i have taken several of my pull ups and cut out the square to put in a goodnite, hopefully three of them will make a difference. anyway, just putting this out there.
    -Jester

That 'compound' isn't a harmful chemical. It's the stuff that makes certain gum feel cold when you chew it. If it you can eat it, I'm pretty sure it won't hurt you to urinate on it.

I have tryed the cool alert and i have to say, they really dont work. i really could not feel anything

I don't think it is made to make the kids uncomfortable, it is meant to add just a sensation, if you did feel it, chances a little kid would also and that might be enough to tell them they have to go potty.

I have the feel and learn and the cool alert pullups. Both seem to have a slight sensation, i think the huggies are better at it overall. I also find that if you urinate into the pullup to much it will actually null out the overall sensation. Gotta remember our bladders are larger.

I have used them as a stuffer and cannot feel any difference when I wet a cool alert a feel and learn or a normal adult diaper I think it is all just marketing crap. After all the parent is never going to pee in a cool alert pull up just to feel if its cool so they will never know

annierighthurr

Quote Originally Posted by blues_clues_baby View Post
    I have the feel and learn and the cool alert pullups. Both seem to have a slight sensation, i think the huggies are better at it overall. I also find that if you urinate into the pullup to much it will actually null out the overall sensation. Gotta remember our bladders are larger.
    This. I find when I just dribble a little, the sensation is wayy more apparent then if i actually pee. It's kind of a fun little thing but nothing to write home about. It'd be cute if a company like Bambino made a replica for adults.

Is it within the realm of possibility it may have something to do with you people being vastly over the age this product is actually intended for? >:[

Pour freezing water onto your crotch.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that, as adults, we've had plenty of time to build up a moderate resistance to small, abrupt changes of temperature, whereas a child of potty-training age, when the cool alerts/feel n' learn types would be used has had very little time to adapt to similar changes, so an abrupt change might be a bit more noticeable to them than to an adult.

It might also have to deal with the fact that you are expecting a change, which means some small part of your brain is preparing for it, whereas a child being potty trained doesn't know they're wetting, so they don't expect the change.