Thread: Have an odd idea.

Default Have an odd idea.

Since the end of high school I've been going to his one college's site. It a college for media and tech degree. I'm thinking about going there for classes, but I have a problem with my stress. I tend to forget about the work I need to do and end up playing video games or searching the web. It a problem I need to fix before I try again. I don't think selling everything is a great idea. I guess I could, but it sounds horrible. I know by now I've had an insane number of plans, but one of them has to stick. They're has to be something to this since I've been looking to it for years. Well to my actual question. What should I do about my stress build up and the lack of control I have?

MarchinBunny

Well unless you have someone to help with the control issue, then it's something you are going to need to trust yourself on. In other words, to make it easier you can buy a lock box and put the things that distract you in it and lock it up and only unlock it when you are finished with your work. If you do have someone living with you, then you can give them the key and they will only give it to you when you are done with your work.

If games and browsing the web is the way you get rid of stress, then just do all your work first. Then once you are done you relax and do whatever it is you wish.

I sort of had a similar problem, but I would still end up finishing my work regardless. Would just do it at the last minute. Not many people are capable of doing that, so it's not something I recommend.

I know how it feels. I take a couple of college course my self (even though I'm still in high school for the most part), and I sometimes see myself procrastinate a lot. All the work gives me a lot of stress. But one thing I have noticed is that I tend to do the homework I enjoy (for me math, physics, and music) while other subjects I just leave to the side.

I suggest try to major in something you'll enjoy. If you enjoy media and tech, then you should be fine. If you still find yourself procrastinating, just hide away what keeps you from doing your work and try to force yourself to do it anyway. It may seem hard, but it's actually quite simple. I hope you do well!

When I went to college, I would find myself start off strong and motivated at the begginning of a semester but I would lose steam and get lazy with my at-home studies. If youre like me and get lazy, make damn sure you at least make it to class for evey lecture. You most likely have a smart phone with a calendar in it which I wish I had, I would have everything programed into it like classes, tests, study groups, even have alarms that go off to remind you to put the video game controller down. Hehe I played vanilla WOW and a 40 person raid always took priority over schoolwork. Make your technology do the reminding if you're forgetful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklebuttt View Post
    When I went to college, I would find myself start off strong and motivated at the begginning of a semester but I would lose steam and get lazy with my at-home studies. If youre like me and get lazy, make damn sure you at least make it to class for evey lecture. You most likely have a smart phone with a calendar in it which I wish I had, I would have everything programed into it like classes, tests, study groups, even have alarms that go off to remind you to put the video game controller down. Hehe I played vanilla WOW and a 40 person raid always took priority over schoolwork. Make your technology do the reminding if you're forgetful.
    This. It has been my life at college until this semester. The best advice I ever got was simply "go to class"... That's all that you really have to do, and everything else falls into place. Stress can be bad, but a little stress is good, to motivate you to work hard.
    I've failed entire semesters before, but this semester, where I haven't missed one class yet, I am getting straight A's. Boy, that's gonna look weird on my transcripts :p