Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I pretending i have a Daddy wohl cares for me (Imaginationen) my Bad habit is pickind scabs Or when i am Angry he calms me down when i Puck scabs he Takes my paci Off me Or a toy i am Playing with, if i Carry on its Time out, if i still Do i dont get to Try Baby Food for a Few days ( i get Baby Food every Monday and thursday, those days Are my Baby Food treat days)

Being autistic, I also have that same habit.

Angelic said:
I pretending i have a Daddy wohl cares for me (Imaginationen) my Bad habit is pickind scabs Or when i am Angry he calms me down when i Puck scabs he Takes my paci Off me Or a toy i am Playing with, if i Carry on its Time out, if i still Do i dont get to Try Baby Food for a Few days ( i get Baby Food every Monday and thursday, those days Are my Baby Food treat days)

Hi Angelic.

I'm going to encourage you not to be too hard on yourself.
I feel right now you really need to start to like yourself.
And being hard on yourself is not going to help.

And to try to find the fun in what ever you are doing, or give your self trades or awards for doing things.
Especially when it comes to adulting.

Having toys taken off you and being made to stand in the naughty corner it's punishment.

And I don't think you need that in your life right now. Instead give yourself lots of praise and encouragement for the things you do well, not the things you don't do to Well in.

Sisi

Reactions: CuddleFish
I Do Need to Do, that i dont Want to rip my Face to Pieces , but yeah i will retardierte Myself for good stuff

I don't pick my face, but I do peel the skin off of my feet, often untill they bleed. Maybe we need to find something else to do with our hands. I hear that Mini Poppers are a good alternative for people with dermatillomania.

And I agree with sisi; you shouldn't punish yourself, life will do that to you all on its own. Work toward self improvement, forgiving your failures and rewarding yourself for your accomplishments

I think rewarding success is usually better than punishing failure, especially when it comes to self-harm habits like the ones being discussed here.

What's more important, imo, is finding ways to recognize when you're doing something bad as it's happening and stop yourself. This could be anything from a phone game to a particular drink or hand gesture, or anything really. Just something that you consistently use to divert yourself if/when you recognize the bad habit and ideally some way to make yourself conscious of it as you're starting to do it. The idea is to train yourself to recognize and redirect the problem. First by catching yourself as it's already happening, and eventually by preempting yourself before you do it.

I agree with everyone who has said dont be so hard on yourself.

Also my Mom raised me with the positive rewards instead of negative punishments( probably because she was a Psychologist and new our brains are wired for positive rewards)
Much better results this way.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back