How Can i stop Having horrible Dreams about my parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
It Seems as if they Are in an oposite World when i Dream about them, its Never nice. This Morning i Woke up early because i had a Dream that my dad wouldnt let me have any food. Even worse i had one Ages Ago with my mom who was trying to literally Stab me in the back. Another one is when my mom Or dad is Shouting me and i Try to go to them but i am literally Stuck in bed only for their voices to get progressingly louder. I Used to have Dreams where my dad Would repeatingly Slap me.

They were Nice Parents when they Could but they Found it Hard to keep their cool due to me Having aspergers, being young, basically beimg incontinent, not talking much.

They used to slap me and say " Are you asking for a slap!?" When i did something wrong well my dad did this and both Parents actually slapped me. My dad comments about Kids Calling them little s##ts and commented about how they all Needed a slap. That's why i can't stand really British accents and i Even went to Great lengths to Try and get rid of mine. I Cant it really sucks. I have Never been abused with a Iron, Knife Or hard object. My Parents were actually Nice when i was behaved.

My mom, she has Type 1 Diabetes and when her blood Sugar Goes Low, Shes nasty, she told me to go away and stuff. Later on recently she told me she told me to go away because she didnt Want me to See her like that. I dont Believe that and i think she made that up so she Can be horrible. But i actually Seen her blood Sugar Low but Thats not an axcuse to be horrible.

Dad has a very loud Voice when he Shouts and due to Having aspergers i percieve noise loud but not speech. All i Hear is "arrrrgh!" When he Shouts me and when i dont come immediatly he gets louder and scares the living daylights out of me.
My Parents Arent abusive although when i was deeply depressed they tried to find out what was wrong, i couldnt Tell and they yelled at me that i wont have any luxeries ever again and i Would go to the Loony bin! These Dreams Are disturbing how Do i get rid of them?!

That's a really tough question, and I don't have a definnative answer.

Though I won't go so far as to say your parents are bad people it does sound like they are sometimes abbusive toward you, so it is understandable that you have a subconcious fear of them. They also seem to still have a great deal of controll over your life, so the fear is still palpable.

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to work toward being more independent so your parents don't have as much say in what happens to you. And though I know this is difficult for people with Asperger's, it is very bennificial to create a support system outside of your family. People who have a network or friends and aquaintences are much less vulnerable to abbuse, and have more options in times of crisies. I don't know what resources exist in your area for young adults with on the spectrum, but if there are any I would suggest you access them with the goal of making more personal connections and living independantly.

It might also be usefull to use EDMR therapy to help you process some of your past traumas. From what you've shared here is seems you have quite a few. I have personally been treated with EDMR and found that it helped me to deal with some deep rooted fears of my own.

I hope that helps at least a little. I'm pretty messed up myself, so this is kind of like the blind leading the blind. Then again, if you were blind you would probably want directions from somebody who didn't rely on visual cues for navigation and knew how to properly use a cain.

Whats EDMR therapy?

Hi.

The Reason that we dream is put our subconscious mind to process our emotions And other things.

Away for the brain to put things away in a filing system.

Rem Rapid eye movement is important to us to keep healthy, Although we still are not sure why we dream.

Sorry that your dreaming is disturbing you, however with practice you are able to take control of your dreams while in REM, once you realise you're dreaming you can then fly, walk through objects and change things about. This is called Lucid Dreaming.

It Starts by you writing your dreams down as much as you can remember when you first wake up. This helps the Conscious mind understand what the unconscious mind is processing. And eventually take control without you waking up.

http://m.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

However it does take practice and patience.

The short answer is that I'm sorry but there is no way you can stop having bad dreams, but there is a way you can take control of your dreaming. There is quite a bit on the Internet with regards to this.

Hope that is help full to you

Sisi

I saw this but i just Havnt got Found to it

I don't wanna sound like a bad guy but shouldn't this be in the off-topic section?

A few days ago visited my dead father in my dreams. Really nightmare, but there's not any way. Sometimes returns... Are you using some "sleep helper ?" - It'd help, but it's not 100%.

Angelic said:
It Seems as if they Are in an oposite World when i Dream about them, its Never nice. This Morning i Woke up early because i had a Dream that my dad wouldnt let me have any food. Even worse i had one Ages Ago with my mom who was trying to literally Stab me in the back. Another one is when my mom Or dad is Shouting me and i Try to go to them but i am literally Stuck in bed only for their voices to get progressingly louder. I Used to have Dreams where my dad Would repeatingly Slap me.

They were Nice Parents when they Could but they Found it Hard to keep their cool due to me Having aspergers, being young, basically beimg incontinent, not talking much.

They used to slap me and say " Are you asking for a slap!?" When i did something wrong well my dad did this and both Parents actually slapped me. My dad comments about Kids Calling them little s##ts and commented about how they all Needed a slap. That's why i can't stand really British accents and i Even went to Great lengths to Try and get rid of mine. I Cant it really sucks. I have Never been abused with a Iron, Knife Or hard object. My Parents were actually Nice when i was behaved.

My mom, she has Type 1 Diabetes and when her blood Sugar Goes Low, Shes nasty, she told me to go away and stuff. Later on recently she told me she told me to go away because she didnt Want me to See her like that. I dont Believe that and i think she made that up so she Can be horrible. But i actually Seen her blood Sugar Low but Thats not an axcuse to be horrible.

Dad has a very loud Voice when he Shouts and due to Having aspergers i percieve noise loud but not speech. All i Hear is "arrrrgh!" When he Shouts me and when i dont come immediatly he gets louder and scares the living daylights out of me.
My Parents Arent abusive although when i was deeply depressed they tried to find out what was wrong, i couldnt Tell and they yelled at me that i wont have any luxeries ever again and i Would go to the Loony bin! These Dreams Are disturbing how Do i get rid of them?!

No offense, but what does this have to do with abdl? We are not trained psychologists. If you want to stop, see a shrink.

I am not sure if it is possible to stop those dreams. I still go back to the job I left because of a mental breakdown 10 years ago and some times it is even on the farm of 37 yr that I left shortly after that.

I have heard that you can "program" your thoughts to turn it into a "comedy" or change the ending.

egor said:
I have heard that you can "program" your thoughts to turn it into a "comedy" or change the ending.

Really? That would be fantastic cause I can relate to both yours and Angelics dreams, the sad and depressing feelings after these nights are awful, feels like your integrity is shattered somehow.

magnolia said:
Really? That would be fantastic cause I can relate to both yours and Angelics dreams, the sad and depressing feelings after these nights are awful, feels like your integrity is shattered somehow.

I talked to my therapist about this kind of stuff.

In her case she always woke up with a start at the "bad" part. Here therapist told her to "stay a sleep and finish the dream". In that case it took her several times but she did and the dreams stop.

In my case the whole story line of the dream is just so stupid it is funny when I think about it. They are not recurring dreams, but a similar theme.
There again I also dream about being on "Survivor" but I never get past the jury phase.

I do have precognitive dreams, but those are entirely different from a "normal dream" but that is a whole different thread.

Hay Guys.
Lets not be so mean, Angelica is obviously working through some issues. As she is coming to terms with who she is.
If we can't support each other through the good times and bad times, then what is the point of having this website.

But I would really encourage you to see a professional to talk your issues through Angelica, it really helped me.

As you live in the UK I know you can get a referral through your GP. And it will not cost you anything.

And don't worry about being put in a unit. Firstly there isn't enough beds, But besides that this only happens when you are an actual danger to yourself on the public. And from what I have read I don't think you are at that point.

Sorry if you are seeing someone all ready.
Sisi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back