Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzuki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Herro :3

So, I moved to the US from the UK almost a year ago and I wore Pampers size 6 more or less everyday. I fit into them perfectly. They seemed sturdy and durable.

But after moving to the US and wearing Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 & Pampers Cruisers Size 7 here, I feel they're considerably smaller and don't accommodate my figure anymore D:

I workout my legs a whole lot so my backside is rather...large lol.

That could be the reason why but I feel these diapers are considerably weaker and thinner than they used to be.

Also, I wet like super loads :p Pampers can't hold nearly as much as they used to.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I am trying out Pampers Size 6 from the uk what Are they like?

My experience is that UK pampers are higher quality than US. I think they let their kids stay in wet diapers longer than in the USA, where we change them more often.

Angelic said:
I am trying out Pampers Size 6 from the uk what Are they like?

In my experience, they're immensely better. Larger and thicker. The ones I have here in the US, both Baby Dry and Cruisers are incredibly thin and hold a lot less than the Pampers I'm accustom to.

babybobby said:
My experience is that UK pampers are higher quality than US. I think they let their kids stay in wet diapers longer than in the USA, where we change them more often.

Really? Is that the case? How strange. Surely that would make for more waste and more landfills? What's even weirder is that in one back of Pampers Cruisers Size 7, you only get 16 diapers. That would last less than a week for any baby.

Last edited:
I've only ever tried Cruisers from the US and I dunno if they're different to Active Fit I have barely tried Active Fit but Baby Dry I really like, very sturdy and strong but it is for night time wear

babybobby said:

I recently got some Drynites from the UK (made in CZ) and they were noticeably higher quality/thicker than the Goodnites in the USA. And as others have said, the Goodnites/Pullups used to be significantly thicker years ago even in the USA. It makes sense that they'd tailor the product to differing/changing markets.

I was thinking of ordering some size 7 cruisers, but after reading this I don't think I'll bother. All I really want is an baby nappy that fits me.

nick24797 said:
I was thinking of ordering some size 7 cruisers, but after reading this I don't think I'll bother. All I really want is an baby nappy that fits me.

Cruisers 7 is the same size as Baby Dry 6 anyway, and has always been. Up until a few years ago, the elastic wings on Cruisers were significantly stretchier, but now the difference is minimal. If you haven't already tried Baby Dry 6, give it a go. If it's nowhere near fitting, though, Cruisers 7 won't make a difference.

In the U.S., the numbering system is a mess, too. Pampers Cruisers 7, Pampers Baby Dry 6, Pampers Extra Protection 6, and Luvs 6 are all the same size, while Pampers Cruisers 6 and Pampers Swaddlers 6 are equivalent to a size 5 in the other diapers. Oh, P&G...

But to the whole "smaller" question: As far as the U.S. diapers go, I haven't noticed any shrinkage in the last few years. In fact, they actually widened the padding in the crotch of Baby Dry and Cruisers a couple of years ago.

Well you make them thinner then not hold much then you can sell more .
All making money sell more give less

foxkits said:

Yep.

foxkits said:

Hmmm. If they hold a baby's mess long enough to be changed promptly, then any extra capacity is just wasted material. If they don't hold the mess and leak, then people won't buy more of the brand, they'll switch brands. So I don't see the incentive to put less material in order to sell more. Unless you're suggesting that parents want to leave their baby in the diapers even when they've been used, and the thinner material preventing this forces the parents to change the diapers promptly and thus use more. If so, I can't see how this is a bad thing that they have to change their baby more promptly.

Thanks . Think ill as stick to baby dry size 6+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back