Status
Not open for further replies.

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
Hi guys, its been about 8 months since i was on here. Ive had 2 eye surgeries, and recovery is slow on regainging my vision. One of the drugs i was taking for about a month for eye preasure was diamox, i only took it for about 3 weeks, 500 mg a day. Now a month later, i think ive had a kidney stone from it, like 2 weeks ago, but im not sure. I had a urine test that came back with no infection but havent been tested for stones yet. Im doing a vision rehab program for 3 months in the next state over, so ill be living there for 3 months. Testing for stone is scheduled for elwhen i get back in july. For the past week or so ive had frequency and urges like never before. I pee 1-2 times an hour, with drip leaks or at least the sensation of that every so often. Sometimes i pee a lot sometimes its very little. so now im diapered all the time. My urologist says i should be fine untill july. My oab problems got me wondering tho. Ive read that diamox can damage the bladder but im not sure how last these effects vould be. im bringing mu aben m4 and dry 24/7 for night time use and for longer trips during the day. Should i go back to using depends during the day, i know i need to change more ofeten but i can see myself siting in an abena for 6 hours. If i go with thick diapers all the time i can only affor to go thru 3 a day.

I wish you the very best of luck with the vision rehab program. It's too bed about the overactive bladder problem, but I'm happy to hear that you've taken the sensible step of wearing a diaper 24/7. The diapers will enable you to go about doing what needs to be done without having to run to the bathroom every few minutes. My philosophy is to manage my incontinence and not let it manage me. It sounds to me like you're trying to take the same approacc.

Thanks for the support guys , im bringing a bunch of packs of abena m4 plastic back and dry 24/ withe me. For night time at least but i know ill need good diapers for day use. My mom took me to get some depends fit flex underwear for men along with the guards bu this combo wont work beyond one wetting. She seems to thing that i should try to make it to the bathroom every time i need to pee, which is isnt always possibble when u pee 1-3 times an hour. She was more concerned about the diaper noise then functionality. She thinks is lazy to just use my diaper, since i still have most of my control, but the more i try to hold it the worse the urges are, and i cant hold it for like ten mins, but once i leak a bit, theres no use trying to hold it any more, rathe be wet then have it hurt more while trying to make it to the bathroom. Now that my vision is worse, its harder to find bathrooms. Im yhesitant to try meds for my oab cuz i cant risk affecting the vision i do have, so diapers are my solution. Does oab ever go away? Im definitly either getting depends plastic diapers at walmart while im at rehab or ill order a case of abenas from xpmedical.

If bathroom location is an issue wether for urinating or changing go tonthe coloplast website they have an app that tells you whrre known bathroomss are everywhere , the cleanliness of them and all that stuff,it alsoballows you to update the database on how you find the bathroom ,your personal favorites etc.. wether you use an android or an apple they both can tell you about them by voice if you csn not see the display.
Also if this is an inpatient eye rehab they will provide diapers to you during your stay ( the quality of them will not be great usualy,none the less the are free to you, and can supplement those that you can afford to bring)
Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the app tip. Even if the eye rehab place did provide me with some diapers id rather wear the plastic depends with a guard inside, which im considering for daytime use while around the rehab building , so that i can save the abenas for out in town and when on recreational trips. If i tried to use only abenas, i would have to use only 3 diapers every 24 hours, for 12 weeks, that would mean making one m4 last ne 6 hours, and i know thats not good for skin. I got creams, powder and wipes. Any ideas on how i should go 25/7 and be realistic with ny diaper use. Thanks guys

Creams and powders will cause decreased absorbsncy by blocking the "pores" on the diapermif you are doing a barrier cream look for something non petrolateum,oike simrthicond or dimetjicone yhose you apply to dkin create a barrier without cauding sny loss in abdorbancy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Best of luck with all that you have to come to terms with . I have been away from here for a very long time for various reasons and coming back feels a bit like coming home

There's definitely better cheaper thinner diapers than Depend out there. Tranquilitly holds more and is plastic backed. Diaperbuys.com sells them for a good price $0.76ea.
You could also try Northshore Lite Briefs $1.25 per piece when bought in a case.
Depend in stores are about $16 per pack with tax at $0.88 per piece. You're only paying for name brand, shelf space, and paying for their advertising. Otherwise it's really cheap quality that's not worth the price.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back