Disposing of diapers when living at home with parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aNerdyAnorak

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I have only been wearing diapers for a few weeks though I have had a fascination with them forever, I am having some issues with disposal. I currently have an old school bag with my wet pull-ups in under my bed, I can't think of a way to dispose of them without my parents finding out. I can buy them easily as I just go shopping in a nearby town by myself and hide them amongst the things I've brought but getting rid of them is something different. Luckily the bag contains the smell really well.
So to be concise, how do I dispose of them without my mum and dad finding out?

I used to put them in grocery bags, put them in my back pack and dump them out in a dumpster on my way to school.

My advice, invest in plastic bags you get from the grocery store. I don't know if you stash them to use them as mini-trash bags, but you should. anyway whenever your parents are away, get about two plastic bags, no holes. If there are holes, cover them with clear plastic tape. then put diaper in bag #1, when doing this, try to get all air out of the bag with diaper. Then twist the two plastic "handles" so the smell won't escape. The make a slipknot on bag #1. Now for bag #2, just deposit bag #1 in it and repeat the twisting step and slipknot step.

Try to use colored or dark plastic bags, i.e. orange Home Depot bag, or grey WalMart bag, even better? Black bag from convenience stores. They usually have black bags. Anyway when you've gotten this far, be sure to deposit the diaper bag into the trash, maybe under a big trash bag or under yard waste. I would deposit them one by one. Otherwise your parents will be all like "where did these extra little bags come from?". Anyway that's my advice. Again remember to dispose of them when no one's around.

If you have more than one diaper bag, just get more bags and bag up the used diapers so there won't be a smell. And hide them somewhere, where you'll remember you put them and dispose of at a later date if you're super paranoid like I used to be. lol

I put them in a big black trash bag under my bed. Whenever I get some time alone I take it out. They are the same bags we use so it won't stand out and you can't see what's inside. If I have to I will sneak out my window during the night and dispose of them.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, you've given me some really good ideas of how to dispose of them!

skunk053 said:
My advice, invest in plastic bags you get from the grocery store. I don't know if you stash them to use them as mini-trash bags, but you should. anyway whenever your parents are away, get about two plastic bags, no holes. If there are holes, cover them with clear plastic tape. then put diaper in bag #1, when doing this, try to get all air out of the bag with diaper. Then twist the two plastic "handles" so the smell won't escape. The make a slipknot on bag #1. Now for bag #2, just deposit bag #1 in it and repeat the twisting step and slipknot step.

Try to use colored or dark plastic bags, i.e. orange Home Depot bag, or grey WalMart bag, even better? Black bag from convenience stores. They usually have black bags. Anyway when you've gotten this far, be sure to deposit the diaper bag into the trash, maybe under a big trash bag or under yard waste. I would deposit them one by one. Otherwise your parents will be all like "where did these extra little bags come from?". Anyway that's my advice. Again remember to dispose of them when no one's around.

If you have more than one diaper bag, just get more bags and bag up the used diapers so there won't be a smell. And hide them somewhere, where you'll remember you put them and dispose of at a later date if you're super paranoid like I used to be. lol

I do just the same thing. I just keep them on plastic bags and I throw them to the dump when I am alone.

Cheers.

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
Luckily the bag contains the smell really well.

Disposal can be a hassle, but this statement can be, has been, and will continue to be a trap to many young wearers in your situation. CAUTION: Diaper smells are MUCH STRONGER to others than yourself. A wet diaper can start to give off an EXTREMELY powerful odor in even a day or two. You have to be very cautious here. We, as users, are a bit smell blind to the odor, and as you are keeping them in your room you are reducing your sensitivity to the smell just by being in that environment constantly. Strong odors coming from a supposedly well hidden and concealed bag have given away many peoples secrets.

Don't grow complacent. If you have used diapers that are several days old, and they are not bagged exceptionally well, they WILL smell STRONGLY.

I recommend a good disposal bag such as these: http://www.amazon.com/BOS-Amazing-O...bxgy_75_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=142HQZCFGM6WZ2H49P6P

These bags are cheap, easy to use, and contain odors EXCEPTIONALLY well. Grocery bags will do in a pinch, Ziplocks are highly effective but expensive, or there may be other alternatives for you elsewhere.

If you go into town on foot often, you must have seen a public bin somewhere. Gas stations usually have them at the pumps and the door, grocery stores have them outside sometimes too. Or you must have a store you can go into to use the restroom (grocery, gas station etc) too. I recommend bagging the diaper and taking it with you on your daily travels on your usual route and just drop it in a bin. But this problem does not get easier if you are adding to your used diaper collection.

I have my own method but it only really works because I have my own bathroom. I have a small trash can in there, lined with a plastic shopping bag. Under that bag I stash extra bags. Used diapers go in these bags, and back underneath the main one. When I'm ready to toss it, the bagged diapers go in the bag with the rest of the trash. That gets tied up, some extra bags placed overtop, and I put it in our main trash can in the kitchen. No suspicions raised.

Llayden said:
CAUTION: Diaper smells are MUCH STRONGER to others than yourself. A wet diaper can start to give off an EXTREMELY powerful odor in even a day or two. You have to be very cautious here. We, as users, are a bit smell blind to the odor, and as you are keeping them in your room you are reducing your sensitivity to the smell just by being in that environment constantly.

So true.

I kind of knew this already and I actually saw something (or read) exactly about it somewhat recently. How our brains register a smell but after a while they stop doing it so that we are able to identify better new smells we might come in contact with.

I can also attest to it being true. Here's the story:

So, in my building the trash gets collected 3 times a week, mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Around this last new years eve because of holidays and stuff i ended having some dirty diapers store for 2 weeks i believe. On the day that i was finally taking them out to the trash along with other bags, one of my neighbours was arriving with his 2 kids and as i passed them the younger one immediatly said that it smelled like poop! I don't know if his brother and dad also smelled but his brother sort of corrected him by saying that it smelled like trash which makes me think that they didn't. But still i got so nervous of the possibility of being found out or of them getting suspicious.

So moral of the story is, beware of smells even if you yourself don't smell anything strange.

Zendot said:
So true.

I kind of knew this already and I actually saw something (or read) exactly about it somewhat recently. How our brains register a smell but after a while they stop doing it so that we are able to identify better new smells we might come in contact with.

I can also attest to it being true. Here's the story:

So, in my building the trash gets collected 3 times a week, mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Around this last new years eve because of holidays and stuff i ended having some dirty diapers store for 2 weeks i believe. On the day that i was finally taking them out to the trash along with other bags, one of my neighbours was arriving with his 2 kids and as i passed them the younger one immediatly said that it smelled like poop! I don't know if his brother and dad also smelled but his brother sort of corrected him by saying that it smelled like trash which makes me think that they didn't. But still i got so nervous of the possibility of being found out or of them getting suspicious.

So moral of the story is, beware of smells even if you yourself don't smell anything strange.

Ok, I better get on with disposing them. The bag I keep them in zips up and everything and when I've been in there to put used diapers i can quite clearly smell it. But once I've zipped it up and put it under my bed the smell goes away. Also within my bed frame are plastic storage drawers which is where I keep the bag, these also help the smell away, I have kept peed in clothing in these before and they contained the smell relatively well.

It's kind of sad how much we have to go through to hide this harmless side of us, huh?

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
Ok, I better get on with disposing them. The bag I keep them in zips up and everything and when I've been in there to put used diapers i can quite clearly smell it. But once I've zipped it up and put it under my bed the smell goes away. Also within my bed frame are plastic storage drawers which is where I keep the bag, these also help the smell away, I have kept peed in clothing in these before and they contained the smell relatively well.
I just opened up the drawer to check to on the smell, I can smell a slight dirtied diaper odour. But it doesn't smell quite as bad as it did when I opened it up to check on the soiled clothing, back when I kept soiled clothing under there I had to put some clothing along the side of the bed against the wall to stop the smell permeating into the room :eek!:. I only ever really wet one pair of trousers back then so to dispose of them and the underwear which I used I just put them in the trash when my parents went away for a week. Unfortunately I doubt my parents will be going away any time soon.

jAMIEISAWESOME said:
I just opened up the drawer to check to on the smell, I can smell a slight dirtied diaper odour.

If you can smell a slight odor, someone else can definitely smell it. I suggest getting on with a disposal method of some sort soon.

Llayden said:
If you can smell a slight odor, someone else can definitely smell it. I suggest getting on with a disposal method of some sort soon.
it's only when I open the drawer which I only do to get the nappies out, but I think you're right I should get on it soon. It's just finding the time when nobody is around to dispose of them

Although I live alone, I do any surprise unannounced visits from my brothers.

I use black trash bags, Hefty brand.

I put my used diapers in ziplock bags. I squish out all the air that I can. Then I seal the bag and tape the zip lock part, I use Great Value bags they are cheap and don't seal very well (they allow air to get back in), then I just dispose of them in the trash bag, underneath other stuff.

First off never had to hide my diapers from my mom, told her first night I ever bought diapers... Now that's out of the way.

My chore since I was young and still is at 38 is trash. So I've always been the trash taker outer. Even though my mom knew I wore, I always tired to keep it out of her face for the most part.

My suggestion, get a trash bag and bag them up... When the opportunity strikes, make a move and you need to do that quickly

I always put my diapers in a zip lock bag and then in a black or dark color grocery bag and throw it away on my way to school or work but if I couldn't get out of the house I still put it in a zip lock and grocery bag but I hid them in a book bag with a car air freshener in the bag

Do not use groceries store or Walmart type bags! Most store plastic bags have cuts in the bottom designed to help a trapped baby escape suffocation and are not air tight meaning smells will quickly escape. Here take out food bags are the only "free" bags that are sealed tight. Kitchen trash bags are a good cheep alternative. I have no parental or roommate disposal issues but have in the past after reading here of other's plight simulated them. My rules were to dispose of seven diapers a week never letting them sit bagged more than a day or two to avoid smells and not to do so in an environmentally unfriendly manner (no road side dumping). My town has trash bins at the beach and down town, the groceries & drug stores have bins out front, gas stations too that are easy drop off points while out. Of course living alone and not having to explain my comings and goings made it easier but I even brought many to work bundled up like a bagged lunch to later drop in the waste bins with out any notice, I bet I could have easily done that back when I was in school too.

For holy sakes.... if you mother/wife/gf finds wet pull-ups under the bed and not probably disposed of in a trash can she will likely go ballistic.
If you like to wear, just dispose of one or two in the trash like any normal human being with any other bathroom trash.
If parents go snooping in the trash can and confront you, just tell them that you have wet the bed a few times (or do this if you need a cover due to parents washing sheets, etc.), but have been too embarrassed to tell them and you just bought pull ups to keep your secret.They will be concerned and may want you to go to a doctor. Be honest with the doc and tell him you are nervous about wetting the bed and prefer not to wake up in cold wet sheets and would rather just wear an absorbent underwear. Doctors may poke and prod a bit, but it is a complex system and doctors likely will say you will grow out of it. In the meantime, it is wise to use protection to manage any episodes of leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back