Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Anyone got ASD or Aspergers?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone got ASD or Aspergers?

    Hi, I have Aspergers. It has formed quite a significant part of my personality and has made me who I am ( a monumental nerd that is ). I have to say I can't imagine life without it, however I cannot speak for everyone else on the spectrum.

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't have a diagnosis but I have my suspicions. My social skills are poor (although I didn't really get to develop them because I was always homeschooled). I have issues with facial expressions and some with eye contact, I'm rather clumsy and I learned to tie my shoes and ride a bike later than most kids. I also flap my hands sometimes. I got fired from my last job because apparently I wasn't friendly and cheerful enough, so if I do have autism it hasn't exactly done me any favors in life.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I don't have a diagnosis but I have my suspicions. My social skills are poor (although I didn't really get to develop them because I was always homeschooled). I have issues with facial expressions and some with eye contact, I'm rather clumsy and I learned to tie my shoes and ride a bike later than most kids. I also flap my hands sometimes. I got fired from my last job because apparently I wasn't friendly and cheerful enough, so if I do have autism it hasn't exactly done me any favors in life.
    I perfectly understand Kimba, unfortunately for some it doesn't have many pros. I have suffered from depression in the past because of having no friends. However I wouldn't have intense interests in things such as planes or tv if I wasn't on the spectrum. Also it has allowed me to cherish the few real friends which I do have. But it does have its drawbacks such as extreme shyness and social awkwardness.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by jAMIEISAWESOME View Post
    Hi, I have Aspergers. It has formed quite a significant part of my personality and has made me who I am ( a monumental nerd that is ). I have to say I can't imagine life without it, however I cannot speak for everyone else on the spectrum.
    I am 58 years old and I have both Asperger's Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy.
    There are a whole bunch of us on the Autism Spectrum here on ADISC.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Mild Aspergers, luckily, I mostly seem NT.

    I could easily pass as a neurotypical with social difficulties, I notice body language, I just can't understand any of it, and can hold up a conversation quite well as long as I get to know the person quite well, and can understand sarcasm to a point if I know the person quite well.

    Lets say, I blend in with the crowd, same with my dad but he hasn't been diagnosed with aspergers, he seems pretty neurotypical but It's obvious that he has some form of it.

    Interesting facts about me is, I have very good long term memory, I've got a multiple range of interests, I'm a lefty, and I am a self taught ambidextrous.

  7. #7

    Default


    No but have been around autistic people most of my life.
    I might of picked it up of it was contagious.
    I am joking, I know it not contagious.


    - - - Updated - - -


    No but have been around autistic people most of my life.
    I might of picked it up of it was contagious.
    I am joking, I know it not contagious.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBunny View Post
    Mild Aspergers, luckily, I mostly seem NT.

    I could easily pass as a neurotypical with social difficulties, I notice body language, I just can't understand any of it, and can hold up a conversation quite well as long as I get to know the person quite well, and can understand sarcasm to a point if I know the person quite well.

    Lets say, I blend in with the crowd, same with my dad but he hasn't been diagnosed with aspergers, he seems pretty neurotypical but It's obvious that he has some form of it.

    Interesting facts about me is, I have very good long term memory, I've got a multiple range of interests, I'm a lefty, and I am a self taught ambidextrous.
    I'm a bit like you then DrunkBunny, I too blend into a crowd quite easily. Most people probably just think I'm shy and a bit weird. I also have quite a good LTM ( everyone always asks how I remember things from when I was like 2).

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by jAMIEISAWESOME View Post
    I also have quite a good LTM ( everyone always asks how I remember things from when I was like 2).
    Yeah... Another thing I've noticed is that I can recall childhood memories pretty well. It's clearest probably starting around age 4, but I have a few from earlier than that. Earliest takes place around 1 1/2.

  10. #10
    MitchThaToddler

    Default

    I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was about 10. I won't say I don't have it anymore but I no longer meet some of the criteria for it.

Similar Threads

  1. aspergers opinion
    By wyatt in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 31-Jan-2014, 03:34
  2. aspergers and diaper lovers.
    By partyanimal88 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2011, 13:54
  3. Aspergers
    By EvaIlyxtra in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 30-May-2009, 23:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.