Make Your Own Baby Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So I don't know what got into me this morning, I usually don't go for little baby things but I got an idea when I was pouring my Cocoa Krispies. I had one of those little single serve boxes of cereal added about 3/4 cup of milk and chunked up a banana in it and grabbed my immersion blender and went to town and I have one word for this, yummy!

This brought up the thought of making my own baby food, I have found quite a few recipes for things, not just fruit and if you make them yourself you can make portions big enough for an adult tummy. This was never really something that crossed my mind before, usually I stick to cut up regular foods.

Has anyone ever really made their own baby food before or does anyone have a favorite recipe they would like to share this can be for caretakers too?

i have a baby bullet with a steamer. i make all my food for the week at once. and vacuum seal it and freeze it. i don't eat any meat so that's not a problem anyway it yucky. just microwave it and and eat. by far my favorite is pees then carrots. i tried pickled beets DON'T. i drink supplement shakes with protein in my bottle with each meal. hope this helps.

Really simple one I love.

1 egg and 1/2 a mushed banana whisked together fry like a pancake then cut up into fingers :) Healthy baby banana pancake. (I'd double that I guess :))

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been thinking of getting a magic bullet from what I understand they are basically the same, just the baby bullet has the adorable storage containers. I've tried a couple of other things since then, blueberries and bananas, very yummy and a blended microwave portion of white cheese vegetable lasagna. This is my lunch today so I'm not to sure how much I'm going to like it but I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back