Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Good News!!!

  1. #1

    Default Good News!!!

    I went to my orthopaedic surgeon for my pre-op appointment on Friday, and after discussing my options with him, and what the neurosurgeon had said on Tuesday, it was decided that they are only going to fix the cracked fusion and replace the loose hardware at this time, and go in from the front again. The risk is higher to do it that way, because of the existing scar tissue from the last operation, but since I'm not experiencing any symptoms from the other 2 bad discs yet, it was decided that they will just leave them alone right now. If I do develop symptoms, then they will go in from the back and fuse all of the vertebra from C3 to T1 and I'll lose half of my head and neck motion because of it. If they went in from the back this time to only fix the one problem, the next time they would have to go through a lot more scar tissue, and the risks double again, not to mention the pain. The surgery from the front, at least the first time, was not painful at all. I hurt worse at my hip where they took the donor bone from to place in my neck, which they are going to do again too. I'm hoping that this time it doesn't hurt too much worse than last time. They tell me that the surgery from the back of the neck is extremely painful, and I've had my share of that for this century .

    So on Tuesday the 10th, I go in for a repair job, and I'm finally going to have all my loose screws tightened! LOL

  2. #2
    Mesmerale

    Default

    *smiles and hugs ricky* That's great news! Mostly.

    Everything is going to go well, as we already know.

    And with "luck" (Already confident in this so luck isn't needed) you won't need any more surgery for this kind of thing after the 10th.

    Bring a good book, or a laptop.

    And if you plan on showing us a picture, please cover up more than you did for the scar on your back. :tongue:

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    *smiles and hugs ricky* That's great news! Mostly.

    Everything is going to go well, as we already know.

    And with "luck" (Already confident in this so luck isn't needed) you won't need any more surgery for this kind of thing after the 10th.

    Bring a good book, or a laptop.

    And if you plan on showing us a picture, please cover up more than you did for the scar on your back. :tongue:

    LOL

    I had to laugh when I read this. Thanks Mesmerale! You have a way with words!

    I wish I could say this will be the last time I need to go through that sort of thing, but I know for a fact I'll need at least one more on my lower back, I just don't know when it will be just yet. Because of the problems with the last lower back operation, it pretty much guarantees I'll have another.

    But I'm happy about this news anyway. I really don't want to lose any more motion in my neck, and this way I shouldn't. The only risks I'll have are to my vocal cords and my throat because from what I understand, the scar tissue attaches itself to everything around it whenever you have a cut, or surgery, and since they moved all of that stuff out of the way to get to my spine from the front last time, it will all need to be moved again. So I may be talking with a hoarse voice for a while according to the doc, but that's a small price to pay for no more pain! Err, uh, on the upper end anyway! LOL

  4. #4
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    LOL

    I had to laugh when I read this. Thanks Mesmerale! You have a way with words!

    I wish I could say this will be the last time I need to go through that sort of thing, but I know for a fact I'll need at least one more on my lower back, I just don't know when it will be just yet. Because of the problems with the last lower back operation, it pretty much guarantees I'll have another.

    But I'm happy about this news anyway. I really don't want to lose any more motion in my neck, and this way I shouldn't. The only risks I'll have are to my vocal cords and my throat because from what I understand, the scar tissue attaches itself to everything around it whenever you have a cut, or surgery, and since they moved all of that stuff out of the way to get to my spine from the front last time, it will all need to be moved again. So I may be talking with a hoarse voice for a while according to the doc, but that's a small price to pay for no more pain! Err, uh, on the upper end anyway! LOL
    Well, predetermined surgeries don't count. :tongue:

    I mean any new stuff. :tongue:

    Well then, don't try to sing.
    You don't need a voice anyway, you'll sound the same on ADISC, won't you?

  5. #5

    Default

    Good luck with your surgery on the 10th, Ricky! I'm glad to hear that the surgery won't be nearly as bad as it could have been.

    If you don't mind me asking, how hard of a hit did you take in the accident to knock those screws loose? I'm asking because I've got two titanium plates screwed to my lower jaw bone with 12 screws from a jaw re-alignment surgery I had. I'm just wondering how sensitive those screws are now.

  6. #6

    Default

    Great news Ricky! I hope there is as little pain as possible. I actually have more discomfort with my neck than I do with my back. I have one neck vertebra that is out of place from when I was hit by the car at age 14. Since the recent cold weather, it has been bothering me a lot. Until one has had neck pain, it's hard to appreciate, so I hope all of yours goes away. Best of luck and I'll keep you in my prayers on March 10. Actually, I already do!

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default

    Good Luck on your upcoming surgery Ricky. I hope everything turns out for the best.

  9. #9

    Default

    The best of luck on Tuesday. The pre-op consultation you had never seemed so relieving or promising for me before my surgeries. We will be thinking of you next week and look forward to your recovery and return to the community with a blow by blow account of your experience.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    You don't need a voice anyway, you'll sound the same on ADISC, won't you?
    Well, I don't know now. Right now I have a slight sore throat, can't you tell by my typing? Doesn't it look hoarse? LOL



    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Good luck with your surgery on the 10th, Ricky! I'm glad to hear that the surgery won't be nearly as bad as it could have been.

    If you don't mind me asking, how hard of a hit did you take in the accident to knock those screws loose? I'm asking because I've got two titanium plates screwed to my lower jaw bone with 12 screws from a jaw re-alignment surgery I had. I'm just wondering how sensitive those screws are now.
    The impact was at about 25 to 30 MPH combined, according to what the police report said. They were in a Kia or something similar, and I was in a little car, my 1990 Buick Skylark, and when I'm sitting in it, my head is pretty close to the windshield to start with. Mainly because of my height, but also because of how the roof line is shaped on the car, and how much the seat reclines. I could have reclined it more than it was, but it was uncomfortable to do so, so I kept it in a more upright position. so when we hit, the seat belt locked, but the slack allowed me to move forward enough that my forehead still hit the sunshade and thus the windshield in front of it.

    If you are in a vehicle that the windshield is far enough away that you can't contact it in an impact, you should not have the same problems I've had. Also, because my plate was in my neck, and my head was forced backwards, it put a lot of force on that plate. If you were to hit your forehead, it wouldn't do the same to you. Now if you hit your jaw on the steering wheel, that would definitely be a problem for you. I would be sure to sit away from the wheel as much as is comfortably possible, and definitely wear your seat belt. A larger car or truck will also help.



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Great news Ricky! I hope there is as little pain as possible. I actually have more discomfort with my neck than I do with my back. I have one neck vertebra that is out of place from when I was hit by the car at age 14. Since the recent cold weather, it has been bothering me a lot. Until one has had neck pain, it's hard to appreciate, so I hope all of yours goes away. Best of luck and I'll keep you in my prayers on March 10. Actually, I already do!
    Yeah, a lot of people don't get the connection between the weather and the pain, but I know it exists. I feel for you in that regard, as they say, been there, done that. Thanks for the prayers too, I very much appreciate that.




    Quote Originally Posted by incon50 View Post
    The best of luck on Tuesday. The pre-op consultation you had never seemed so relieving or promising for me before my surgeries. We will be thinking of you next week and look forward to your recovery and return to the community with a blow by blow account of your experience.
    Thank you for the concern, and I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes.


    I'm hoping it won't keep me away from the computer for too long, although my wife will be off for the next 2 weeks to take care of me, so I'll probably not be able to be on as much as I'd like. She doesn't approve of my going to these diaper sites, she doesn't understand what I get out of it and she also thinks it's weird that people actually like to wear them. I wish she would change her mind, but I don't really see that happening.
    She still doesn't know about this site, and I want to keep it that way. She does know about DB though, and even went into it and was snooping around a couple of years ago when I was having some mental issues I'll call them, and was spying on me. She's not as bad about it now though, and if I don't raise her suspicions, it will remain that way. I think she's afraid I'll run off with someone who will diaper me and take care of me, something I'd never do anyway, but she's somewhat jealous and protective of me.

    Sorry about the long explanation, but I thought it would help explain why I do what I do at times.

    Takashi and Zekk, my thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes, I'm very grateful for them all.

Similar Threads

  1. Breaking news!
    By Avocadoy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-Oct-2008, 14:43
  2. Band news =3
    By Jakethefox in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-Apr-2008, 20:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.