ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

CptKirk
CptKirk
Trouble is my medical records were magically "lost" when I filed for them within 48 hours or so of getting out of the hospital/back to my unit. Go figure. Those "lost" records cost me at least 18 years of disability compensation as all of the issues I experienced that day sporadically would knock me senseless for a couple of days until Jan 2004 when they knocked me senseless and have never left
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
CptKirk
CptKirk
ESPECIALLY the headache (24/7/365xnearly 20 years....not even a headache as the pain is in my eyes out to my temples, nowhere else...plus my eyes literally swell shut, looking like I was a punching bag for a few hours. My eyes go out of alignment (anywhere from a little to RADICALLY) and I see 2 images, not on the same plane. Have seen 3 Nero-Ophthalmologists and they swear there's nothing wrong with my eyes.
  • Wow
CptKirk
CptKirk
there's 1 90-95% correct diagnosis on a RARE autoimmune disease, suspect a second, a shit-ton of lower spinal destruction/nerve damage from L2 through L5/S1. My Coccyx is fused solid, the holes that are in everyone's Coccyx are severely calcified and that pain is best described as a hard kick right on the tailbone with steel toed boots when sitting and especially when getting up/down to/from a seated position.
  • Wow
CptKirk
CptKirk
Right above that there's more destruction & nerve damage as I get what is best described as "lightning bolts" right across my belt line...when bad enough my right leg will simply "flop" and I go down like a box of rocks. I have no control over that happening which is why I walk with a cane. More implants & surgeries than I can recall to no avail.
  • Wow
CptKirk
CptKirk
I've been researching this for nearly 30 years. The ARMY continually makes it seem that only guys who deployed to certain areas in the "desert" have "Gulf War Syndrome" (GWS is NOT defined because the symptoms/issues, although similar across the board, vary wildly from soldier to soldier!) seemingly applies to countless guys who were never in those specific areas OR never deployed!
  • Wow
CptKirk
CptKirk
Like Agent Orange and the toxic water at Camp Lejeune, the truth won't come out until at least 75-80% of us are dead and buried. Everyone knows they were experimenting with an Anthrax vaccine (they won't admit that though) and I'd bet money on that being something that damaged DNA in soldiers. I'd love to have my DNA analyzed to see if I indeed fit in that class but insurance won't cover it without a medical need.
  • Wow
CptKirk
CptKirk
I just figured I'd clarify this for anyone who follows me as I get quite a few questions about my service/getting sick/having 100% full/permanent service connected disability.
  • Sad
ade
ade
Happens to most who are working class (and given that most soldiers come from the working classes).
The official record of my accident at work got 'lost'. And then, there's the endless denials, and not just wordly, but denials of legal protection, medical treatment, legal redress, social insurance payouts, etc.
A mass of lying, cheating and stealing by our 'betters'.
  • Angry
Reactions: CptKirk
CptKirk
CptKirk
Yeah, I physically attacked those who I felt deserved it. I was a physical "specimen" until I got sick (but still brutally strong for close to 10 yrs afterwards as I was bench pressing over 500 and able to squat over 1000lbs) and I've "floored" several gaping assholes all involved with this. The 1st was a guy in the VA who essentially told me I was "trying to steal money from soldiers that deserved it"
Reactions: ade
Back