ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

Lumos
Lumos
Damn, that's awesome!
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s, neophyte and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I remember when the 2017 eclipse hit: I drove straight up to Smiths Ferry, dead-center in the path, caught it there. When fully covered, you could see the sun's solar flares with your bare eyes, it was incredible! o_O
  • Wow
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s, neophyte and Lumos
Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
I remember when the solar eclipse happened. I was at school and our teacher had sunglasses and let us go outside and see it in the middle of class. It was fun. Very interesting sight.
Reactions: neophyte and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I hope they were eclipse glasses and not sunglasses! The waxing and waning phases will damage your eyes!

The total phase is totally safe to view bare-eyed, though...that spike of light when the sun comes back around is blindingly intense! o_O
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and neophyte
neophyte
neophyte
I remember in grade 6 there was a solar eclipse; we wern't allowed out at recess lol; I guess they didn't want us looking at the sun! My class did get a TV rolled in and we watched it on the news.
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I saved my 2015-spec, non-shelf-life eclipse shades for the total eclipse we're gonna have in 2024...from Texas to Maine! o_O 🥳
Reactions: neophyte and Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
Yeah. They were for eclipses and not regular sunglasses. You could barely see anything out of them.
  • Love
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
Good! I saw a few people at the last eclipse who had on nothing but dollar-store shades. Scary. 😲
  • Wow
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and neophyte
Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
Yeah. I would struggle to trust Dollar Store sunglasses for normal use. Let alone for an eclipse. Either way, it was an awesome sight though. I'm glad my teacher let us see it.
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
neophyte
neophyte
🤭 I actually buy Dollar Store sunglasses; the Dollerama (Canadian store) has some shades I quite like and they cost $1.25!!!!!!!!!!

They are delicate but they perform well!

I bought some shades from a kiosk at my Mall for $25 and the lens is crap!

Go figure!!
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
That's interesting. Yeah. I would just personally test them before I buy them. It really depends on what you get. I rarely remember to wear sunglasses.
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I got new prescription glasses last year...they came with magnetic clip-on sunglasses! :cool: 🥳
Reactions: neophyte and Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s
Oh. That's really cool. Sometimes I wonder if I might need glasses. I sometimes struggle to see things from a distance. I've never had a proper eye exam so I have no idea.
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and neophyte
D
Deleted member 41919
That's a pretty cool picture! I'm into weather and things of the like.
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s, neophyte and BobbiSueEllen
Back