ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
Glue? All the Mams I've popped open were click-lock, no adhesive at all. The hot water definitely helps taking 'em apart but I've never seen adhesive used on Mams. :unsure:
Reactions: KrankyPants
B
Babygoth2001
They have a post about how the butterfly shaped mams are weirdly hard to pop open indicating that they are either weirdly sized or have glue so I found out that boiling it first allows you to pop it right off just like any other type of mam owo
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I have all Mam pacifiers; they were all popped open in an attempt to put larger nipples in and I gave up doing that...but found that the cap insides had wedge-shaped protrusions which engaged into recesses in the outer edge of the body where they go. I'd think adhesive would raise questions by the FDA and CPSC here... <cont'd>
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
I started buying & using adult-sized Mams from a guy in Slovakia: they arrived apart, with nipples, and studying them revealed they were modeled, made and assembled exactly like baby Mams. So far, I own 13 of them...am extremely happy with 'em, they're my fav binky! 🤗🥰
  • Love
B
Babygoth2001
Yeah idk a bunch of people were having issues opening the butterfly model including me some people even smashed theirs. So i just wanted to tell people an easy method to pop em off ^^
Reactions: KrankyPants and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen
Hot water is definitely a good idea! Being the pacifier body is made of polypropylene (#5 PP), it'll soften up enough without compromising the body's integrity as PP can handle boiling water temperatures without problems in tempering. 🥳
Reactions: Babygoth2001
Sheepies
Sheepies
Brilliant idea! I didn't even think about boiling them
  • Love
Reactions: KrankyPants, Babygoth2001 and BobbiSueEllen
MacbookFan
MacbookFan
Back