Amazon glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I'm going to make this short and sweet.
Over the course of the past few months, most of the diapers that I have bought and used were on stupidly low discounts on Amazon.

I bought a 48-pack of overnight diapers that were a little small and only good for a short while before they just ripped, they held alot if I didn't flood though. Those cost me only $11.81.
I bought a box of 80 Medline briefs of the highest absorbency available, they held alot but the right wing would rip if you taped it on too tight and bent down. That box of 80 cost me just $24.69.

Now, as in yesterday, I bought a pack of Abena S2's for $11.65. There's 28 briefs total and from what I hear this brand is really good. And while I'm in the upper end of the size range (24"-34") (be being 32"), the price really just couldn't be beat in this case. Right after buying it the price shot up to $28, identical to what happened with the other two cases cases.

Just from the observation that I can make from the Amazon page, the S2 should be about 79% as absorbent as the S4, which is obviously superior. Given that there is 28 S2's and 22 S4's (22/28 = 0.786, or 79%).

I am now anxiously waiting. The diapers as well as the LED strips I bought with them are listed as "being shipped today".

EDIT: All the prices are in Canadian, and yes, the price I pay never alters after buying. If I get charged $11.65 at checkout, that's what I pay despite the glitch.

They can cancel your order due to misprint though. That has happened to me.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Hasn't happened yet, and they have my money for the Abena's now, so the system has done it all and it's off to packaging.

I was actually eyeing the Medline's for about two weeks beforehand and watched them gradually drop from $35 to the $25 that I bought them for. The same with the overnight diapers that I got.
Many of the things in my "Saved for later" Amazon cart, diapers or not, all have weirdly fluctuating prices. The DJI Phantom 3 could pseudo-randomly drop $30 for about an hour then bounce back up.

Yeah, some sellers have prices that auto adjust so you can get lots of fluctuation. I think what happened when I ordered a case was they sent me an email canceling the order and explaining that the price was really for only half a case and so I had the option of reactivating the order as long as I understood I would only get half as many.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Well, they're in transit now, so I basically bought some Abena diapers for just $0.42 each.

I've seen some really strange prices on Amazon, but usually in the other direction. I've gone to buy something that maybe should be $24.00 and it will be marked as $200.00. Then I'll find the same thing marked at the normal price. I've always wondered as to what was going on?

ooo wish that would happen for me ..never does though!!! hugs xx

dogboy said:
I've seen some really strange prices on Amazon, but usually in the other direction. I've gone to buy something that maybe should be $24.00 and it will be marked as $200.00. Then I'll find the same thing marked at the normal price. I've always wondered as to what was going on?

I think that would be because Amazon supports third party sellers, so you'd likely be running into some price gouging.

dogboy said:
I've always wondered as to what was going on?
I'm not 100% sure how Amazon works, but I know from playing Eve (which has player markets modeled very much on real world markets) that if an item is underrepresented and generally low volume, it will take quite some time for the market to find its price. The seller won't know if it's not selling because of price or because no one is looking for it, and the buyer has no idea if they're getting a good deal since they've got little to compare with.

dogboy said:

I've seen prices like that on ebay, and with a few buyers. All I can think of is "money laundering"
($1 items sold for $200 etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back