Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello.

I was wondering if there was a way anyone knows of to access deleted YouTube videos? It's for nostalgia purposes if anything.

A standard downloader won't do the trick. Apparently, deleted videos are put into a 'mirrored server' (what does that mean?), meaning a normal downloader can't access them.

I have been able to find some YouTube videos on the WebArchive. However, you normally can't access the full video and, annoyingly, the videos I am looking for don't seem to have been archived.

I am open to any advice. Literally anything you know will do!

~Kieran

Be careful treading this topic. Deleted videos were deleted because they violate laws or copyright, which means either piracy or illegal action. I hate to see people get in trouble for inocent mistakes but if things are deleted it's for a reason or the owner does not want it up anymore. Best to leave it be.

w0lfpack91 said:
Be careful treading this topic. Deleted videos were deleted because they violate laws or copyright, which means either piracy or illegal action. I hate to see people get in trouble for inocent mistakes but if things are deleted it's for a reason or the owner does not want it up anymore. Best to leave it be.

Ah, well the videos in question were deleted because the user whom uploaded them was hacked.

I am a personal friend of said user. He can't find them on any hard drive.

Far as I know there's no magical way to recover them from youtube directly (no secret handshakes, hidden mirrors where they're still accessible, etc).

If someone else didn't grab a copy and post it somewhere, it's probably gone.

Kieran said:
Ah, well the videos in question were deleted because the user whom uploaded them was hacked.

I am a personal friend of said user. He can't find them on any hard drive.

Might have better luck with youtube support. But there's no easy way around an archive server that is hidden.

you can't watch deleted videos, doesn't matter what the reason was, youtube support may possibly (but highly unlikely) be able to help your friend recover them but youtube support is about as reliable as grocery store diaper with slashes in the waterproof covering.

I often download youtube videos if I want to watch them offline, a lot of the videos I've downloaded no longer exist on youtube. Won't help you now I guess but you could try it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back