How nervous was I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Went to a proper incontinence shop yesterday, and boy how nervous was I going in.
It started with me incorrectly ordering the wrong product on the Internet, I ordered the ID super plus nappies, (great product by the way) I should of ordered the plastic backed version, but instead I ordered the cloth back which I don't like, so I rang them up and asked if they could exchange them, to which they replied I could, but it would cost me an extra £9 to get it picked up then I'd have to wait for the plastic backed version to be delivered.
I was on the verge of running out of nappies so looking at their website (Incontinence Shop) I see that they had a warehouse quite nearby, bout 40min drive, so thought I'd take the plunge and drive down there as the customer service rep said it was okay to exchange there, so I wrapped the package in a black bin liner so to hide what I was carrying, when I got down there, there was a huge sign saying Incontinence Shop right above the warehouse, with loads of other different companies around it!! So I sat in my car debating if I should turn around and pay the extra money and get them picked up, but I thought no sod it time to man up and deal with it, so I got the nappies out of the boot of my car and hurried my way to the door, and I was like WOW when I was inside, there were packs of nappies everywhere! Felt like a kid in a candy store!
I told the guy working there my tale of woe and he happily exchange my nappies for the correct version, so while I was there I bought 2 more packs, in the end a worthwhile trip! It's a shame that incontinence carries such a stigmar to it and we should be ashamed of buying products but in this day an age it still does. Slowly improving though.
So that was my story just I'd share my experience with you guys.
Anybody else done something similar?

I wish there was a shop like that near where I live. I would go and ask for a job.

I think the whole incontenece / diaper stigmata is worse in America then in Europe.

pampers4U said:
diaper stigmata

it's true, i am the second coming!!!
:biggrin:

'worse in America than in Europe' only if you exclude Britain from Europe (that'll please some :p )
Britain is likely as bad as America, maybe worse. not a surprise if you consider that our weather can be bad all year round, so that few people get to run around in their gruds (Brits abroad are usually identified by their pale skin; except where they've caught the sun and gone red). underwear is sniggered at (and much a source of our humour) and nappies for anyone other than little uns are mentioned very reluctantly (and with a compulsary cringe).
the big European players in inco-wear (Tena, mainly) are trying to change that. Depends tried it some years ago, but failed.

Inco-shop: aye, they're not bad, and certainly a surprise to see their signs (i'm guessing that you went to Bolton-ish; you can their sign where they back onto the motorway). i've trapsed my around a bit, and around a few old mills [now doing adult dispies], but never seen it so openly shown. they must hold the record for the largest 'incontinence' on any sign in Britain.
alas, they are out of my way and, since the end of Comficare, not worth my while making the trip.

i usually buy in person and prefer it that way, for convenience. being forward and confident helps, especially as shop 'assistants' in such places either know nowt or have a little experience from dealing with relatives. both types are likely to not be up to speed on the constantly changing offerings of dispies. so, you need to know exactly what you want and be prepared to have a rummage through their stock (such forwardness either shocks them or relaxes them; either way, it puts you on a good footing).
and be prepared to chew the cud with them. it's the daily bread that binds.

ST50 said:
I wish there was a shop like that near where I live. I would go and ask for a job.

I would do the same to if there was one down my way

ade said:
'worse in America than in Europe' only if you exclude Britain from Europe (that'll please some :p )
Britain is likely as bad as America, maybe worse. not a surprise if you consider that our weather can be bad all year round, so that few people get to run around in their gruds (Brits abroad are usually identified by their pale skin; except where they've caught the sun and gone red). underwear is sniggered at (and much a source of our humour) and nappies for anyone other than little uns are mentioned very reluctantly (and with a compulsary cringe).
the big European players in inco-wear (Tena, mainly) are trying to change that. Depends tried it some years ago, but failed.

This made me laugh more than it should :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back