Be Prepared - Just in Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
At some point in the near future, I'll have to be in the hospital for awhile for a surgery.

For awhile, I didn't know if I'd know when I'd have to go. It could've been a sudden thing, & I'd have to go. Looks like now, I'll be able to schedule it.

For safety, I packed a small bag with a few days worth of clothes & a toiletry bag, & other things like chargers & electronics. This way, when I go, I can have someone simply get the bag for me, instead of going through my dresser / closet...and finding...stuff...

I think I'll leave a bag packed like this for a future "just in case" something happens.

I'm not exactly sure where I'll leave this bag. But I really think this'll be a good idea, to stop people from finding stuff while trying to pack a bag for me, if I ever unexpectedly find myself in a hospital.

Might leave it in the closet, with a note; & make sure everything else is far out of sight. I've got a bench at the end of the bed. That could be a good place to put it as well.

I've always been one of those people that likes to be prepared in advance. I always follow the motto of "I'd rather have it, & not need it; than need it, & not have it."

Being prepared has helped me during extreme weather conditions like ice storms & tornados.

That's good planning if you've got any reasonable expectation of needing something like that. No sense giving anyone a legitimate excuse to go and dig around in your stuff. At least at the moment, if anyone has to look in my closet for stuff, the jig is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back