How to hide crinkle of diaper in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdreamland

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I want to start wearing even when in public but I'm always terrified because of the crinkling any suggestions on how to hide that??

Unless you're in a library or classroom or something, no one can hear it except for you. And even if people hear it, no one is going to know what it is.

If you're still worried about it, wearing underwear over the diaper can help muffle the sound. Also tucking in the loose bits of plastic can help. Other than that there's not a lot you can do other than find a diaper that's not as crinkley.

No one cares what you have on under your pants/dress/skirt ect ect. People are to busy with there own lifes.

Reactions: Kymi
If it would make you feel better you could try rubber pants over the diaper or you could wear underwear over the diaper to help muffle what little noise there is.

It's always going to sound louder to you than anyone else. If you know what you're listening for and what it means, you can pick it out but it's not that easy. I can hear my ABDL friends sometimes when we're out on the street walking, but most of the time it gets lost in the background noise. I find jeans tend to baffle it pretty well but anything loose allows them full range of crinkle and rustle against that material. You can experiment with minimizing it but I'd say unless you're in a quiet room or someone is expecting it, it's unlikely to be noticed.

People will not notice. Seriously, everyone is so wrapped up in their own lives that they won't notice any sound, and if they do, their first thought will never be that it's a diaper. Walk around for a day with some paper receipts or cellophane plastic in your pockets - they crinkle a lot. No one notices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody will hear it unless you are in a very quiet place, and even then if they hear it, it is the same sound that a receipt in a pocket would make, people aren't going to jump to the conclusion that you are wearing a diaper. Then even if they did for some reason jump to that conclusion they would presume you are wearing them for a medical reason.

When I started having to wear I kept extra change and my keys in my pocket and if it was to quiet I would put my hand in my pocket and play with my keys and change. But like some of the others have said, we are our worst enemies for hearing it because we know we are wearing it. Most people will not hear it and will not even care. Every year I am standing in front of about 400 people talking to them and walking around them all and no one has ever noticed I am diapered.

Yep, wear boxers and keep a standard envelope (with the cellophane window) folded in your back pocket. That usually works. You could slso carry around a gas powered weedwhacker or chainsaw thats just idling if you can pull it off. Wheelchairs cut down on a lot of that leg movement that really gets the crinkle going so 'invalid' might be a good angle. You could try being a hermit and avoiding incriminating interactions entirely. Also wearing nothing but a diaper and a comically oversized bonnet+ rattle can push it into the realm of 'costume' where the litterality of it overshadows the fetishism such that worrying about the crinkle is akin to being concerned whether your drive down the highway meant the end for a hapless wasp. Anyhow... Craigslist is good if you go the yard equipment route.

to piggyback off of what jbdl said, i have found success in helping procreate, and then keeping with me, a succession of infants/toddlers who are wearing crinklier diapers than me in order to provide camouflage. as a bonus the babies are usually smellier, and often louder too - well worth considering if you need a scapegoat to blame any sudden tourette's-syndrome-level outbursts on! unfortunately you will require a large vehicle and many minor accoutrements like food, clothes, school, and "family time". just wanted to add another small and easy suggestion for your consideration!

I was walking around with an abdl friend the other night and while I could hear it (I notice the sound) no-one else so much as looked in our direction

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

No one cares. Unless you go around with a sign round your neck saying I am wearing a nappy no one will ever notice. In four years of wearing 24/7 no one has ever said anything to me.

irnub said:
Unless you're in a library or classroom or something, no one can hear it except for you. And even if people hear it, no one is going to know what it is..

depends on circumstances tho... if my lil squirts are really wet by morning, wow. the crinkle is deafening

As a stealth ABDL myself, I used to hide this by using only thiner diapers during the day, or putting underwear OVER it, however, make sure the diaper is not to tight so you dont sweat or strain when you sit down. Although not the funnest thing to wear in the world, there are diapers (Incontinant) wear that are available specificly when your active or in a hot environment. These may or may not help you, but if absorbancy is what you need, then you may be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I wear 24/7 and am very active. I have worn for many years and in all that time have never had anybody ask me about any noise. I can hear the crinkle occasionally but that's because I expect it and I just shrug it off and go on

I have never really worried about the crinkle unless I was wearing a Covidien Wings diaper. Normally I just wear a Fruit of The Looms breathable brief over my diaper that is slightly smaller than I would normally wear. Keeps everything from crinkling.

no one notices. Most places the ambient noise covers it. You hear it because it's on you. In a dead quiet library, maybe people could hear it but who cares?

I wear 247 for incon. I wear compression style boxer briefs over it and that does help reduce noise but that's just a side benefit and not the reason i wear the shorts. compression shorts help keep things up and snug.

Good pair of Jeans will muffle alot of the crinkle also Nylon Wind Pants will all but erase the crinkle depending on which diaper you have on though. Other than that Brief underwear same size will also help . And yes I have had my crinkle discovered a few times out in public. Let alone the tell tale signs of the L-4 or the Dry 24-7 or the DC Amor Pink Diaper bulges in front and in rear..

I discovered recently how little other people notice what we perceive to be a "loud" crinkle.

I wear diapers around my husband. He knows I wear them for fun and is accepting and supportive of it. He even likes when I wear them and finds it a turn on. I wore the other night before he got home from work. I was wearing a plastic-back diaper and I thought that the crinkle was fairly loud. I was only wearing a tee shirt and pajama pants on top of the diaper. We were pretty active, cooking dinner, watching TV, cleaning.

It was over an hour before he realized that I was wearing the diaper, and we had even hugged and made body contact a number of times. The only reason that he noticed is because he physically felt the diaper. This gives me a new appreciation for how what we feel is "obvious" is actually impossible to notice for others.

As far as I know, no one has noticed me wearing in public. Some people are more perceptive to sounds that others don't particularly notice, whether it is an AB or DL hearing a crinkle or an HVAC technician hearing an inducer motor or a compressor start. Given how long this forum has been online, one would think that there would be numerous reports of people being discovered due to others hearing such a crinkle if it were an issue. From what I have experienced and seen others post, the initial fear of wearing out in public is overblown. Unless you flaunt it, the chances of someone noticing you wearing a diaper aren't particularly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back