Not open for further replies.

couchesstevenboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing fine :)
I tried to read some other posts about how to treat diaper rash but I've seen more like how to prevent them.

So it's been 3 weeks since I got a rash between my legs (legs cuffs?) right between my legs and testicle, it happened from a weekend that I couldn't changed often so I stood in wet diapers fir kinda long plus they were plastic back diaper.
Anyways I've been trying to reducing my diaper wearing as much as I can and since I'm a light- mid incontinent I'm able to kinda control it. Like at work I change my underwear so it doesn't get soaked and at night.... Well I wear thin cloth diapers and bed protections for those occasional wetting. No Diapers for fun time cause I really wanna heal...

So it's been 3 weeks and ive tried putting diaper change cream, diaper trash cream, vaseline, nothing at all, I try to air out a lot but is still there. Maybe not as bad as at the beginning but still not cured. What should I do? Summertime is coming soon and I want to be totally healed cause sweating is starting to add to that equation :(

What do you do when that happens to you? What do you don't do?

Thanks in advance.
Steven

rash is so frustrating... it sounds like you're doing everything right, keep airing it out and try to change as often as possible

I've had times where I'm rashy and it just won't clear up. Try to drink lots of water, stay hydrated to dilute your pee. Clear watery pee doesn't cause rash like yellow morning pee.

I use the classic Johnson's baby lotion myself

You may need to see a Doctor for persistent rash. A steroid cream may be prescribed.
Change wet diaper more frequently.
Wipe diapering area with baby wipe to clean skin at change.
Light dusting of baby powder or Gold Bond powder helps reduce residual moisture or sweat.
Change wet diaper.
No diaper for 30 minutes at least once per day (temporary male guards or female pads for true incontinence are exempt)
For rash lasting more than 7 days, see first sentence.
You could also try a change of diaper brand, try cloth diapers, alternate diaper fit, different product,...

Try a cream with calamine powder. Two that come to mind are anti-monkey butt cream and CALMOSEPTINE. The Calmoseptine has calamine and menthol in it and it is VERY very thick. Even washing wth soap and a wash cloth will not remove it.

Another thing it could be is a reaction to the diaper you are using.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for your posts. About Those types of creams, or others, is it better to put them during the day since I'm out of the house and put non plus airing out at night time whenever I come back home? Or should I put cream non stop (and changing/showering of course)

- - - Updated - - -

Does putting cream to calm the irritation and itching is better than just dry aired skin?

My suggestion is besides diaper rash cream with lots of zink in it, and lots of babypowder.
I usually also use plastic pants which will help cover the area that's chafed - in these situations, when I sufer from chafings, I use Suprima plastic pants model S1218, the most comfortable plastic pant I have ever worn.

Rashes n the crotch area from being too long in a wet diaper, change and clean frequently - over time you skin will get used to being wet all the time, as others have said, drink lot's of water to dilute your urine - yes you will be wetting more, but it will not burn your skin.

Initially when my incontinence started I also got rashes, but over time bu skin toughened up - and now I can be in a wet diaper for prolonged time with no problems.

NotTheAverageMan said:
My suggestion is besides diaper rash cream with lots of zink in it, and lots of babypowder.
I usually also use plastic pants which will help cover the area that's chafed - in these situations, when I sufer from chafings, I use Suprima plastic pants model S1218, the most comfortable plastic pant I have ever worn.

Rashes n the crotch area from being too long in a wet diaper, change and clean frequently - over time you skin will get used to being wet all the time, as others have said, drink lot's of water to dilute your urine - yes you will be wetting more, but it will not burn your skin.

Initially when my incontinence started I also got rashes, but over time bu skin toughened up - and now I can be in a wet diaper for prolonged time with no problems.
Same here. I can wear the same nappy all day and often do without problems now.

For really sore stubborn rashes, Bepanthen in pretty good. I think it contains lanolin. It acts like a layer over the skin, protecting it while it heals.

For minor irritations, I'd suggest a zinc oxide cream, such as Sudocrem. But (especially if you need to wear diapers and can't let the rash air out), Bepanthen is amazing. It's weird taking off a wet diaper to discover that your rash has improved instead of got worse!

Thank you for your advices and information I'll try all that. :) I hope it will get better soon.

couchesstevenboy said:
Thank you for your advices and information I'll try all that. :) I hope it will get better soon.

any improvement?? I hope its going away

Hi! Thanks for asking. Is getting better although slowly and still there. I'm gonna go to the pharmacy to get a new brand/product to see if that changes. So annoying this thing. I'll be more careful next time.

I tend to get rash in that same spot, and I've tried a lot of different brands, the one that's cleared it up the best for me is Aquaphor, I pretty much swear by the stuff these days. I hope it gets better soon!

I have been having some of the same issues lately and I found an "anti-chaffing" gel made by Lanacane and, while not perfect, it does seem to be helping and the instant pain relief is amazing.

My Urologist and Colon rectal Doc swear by Calmoseptine, It has done wonders on my 'roids and helped my G/F allot with her skin breakdown caused by wetness and pressure, you can usually only find it in Walgreens stores or order via the net.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the messages, is getting better, slowly but better. I hope it will be over soon cause it's annoying and it itches a bit

Are you sure it's from being in a wet diaper, men are not exempt from the dreaded yeast infection in the diaper area ( this can also be be made more prevalent by certain medications ) if this doesn't get better as in gone completely within this week, please consider seeing your doc or a "doc in a box" ( free standing clinic ) because airing out and any of the previously suggested remedies will not get rid of it, even females need to see a doc for there first one to confirm it and then OTC stuff can be used for subsequent episodes.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Are you sure it's from being in a wet diaper,

Well it all started after a weekend I wore a were diaper for a long time, longer than usual cause I couldn't change and then I didn't pay much attention to it since it's been a long time since I didn't got a rash. After a while I realized I was having a diaper rash and it was complicating.
It could be yest since it itches so I'm trying this week a cream for that. But you are right, if it's still like this next Monday I'll head to a doctor cause is annoying.
I'll keep you posted.

When you have a bad diaper rash, are there things I shouldn't do?

Hi all! Just wanna tell you that my skin is back to normal and healthy. I followed your suggestions and I went to the doctor, actually it wasn't a fungus, it was itching like crazy cause the skin was so dry and the antifungal cream was just making everything worst. So the doctor prescribed me a super repairing cream (actually you don't need any prescription) and in like 2 days I started getting better and better. I'll be more careful next time.
Cheers to all and have a nice week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back