Being a parent and being a dl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlsteven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Howdy everyone. I have a three year old that is going to start asking questions if he sees what I wear for underware some times . How have you guys delt with having kids and wearing diapers. If you don't have kids what do think you would do/say. I'm thinking about just acting like it's normal for some adults to wear diapers.

I know there are some older posts on the subject but wanted see if there is any new imput.

Dlsteven said:
Howdy everyone. I have a three year old that is going to start asking questions if he sees what I wear for underware some times . How have you guys delt with having kids and wearing diapers. If you don't have kids what do think you would do/say. I'm thinking about just acting like it's normal for some adults to wear diapers.

I know there are some older posts on the subject but wanted see if there is any new imput.

What's your wife's role in all of this?

Anyway... I'm generally in the "keep in private" camp. I have an 8-year-old and a 12-year-old, and neither of them know I wear diapers. And I'll be keeping it that way. As babymt said, nobody really wants to know how their parents get off. If you were incontinent, wore diapers 24x7, and your whole routine was pretty transparent and "no big deal", then you might not have any trouble (except for any playground bullying that might arise from the topic being brought up there). But if you're wearing only occasionally and for reasons that aren't obvious or seem made-up... kids are smart! Best not to plant seeds for their imaginations to grow, in this case. IMO.

The "diapers are just a type of underwear" viewpoint is the lovechild of a DL's fondest hopes and his over-optimism. Nobody else really thinks that way or is likely to accept that, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
My wife is just leaving it up to me. I think she doesn't really care because she is so close to her parents . They talk about each other's sex life in casual conversation.

I haven't been and am not going to purposely expose my diapers to him but like said kids are smart and it can be difficult Hide a dry 24/7. Also do wear daily.

No matter what I would never say anything about it sexual to a child.

If it was me I would have to seriously consider giving up wearing all the time. It isn't something you're going to be able to hide. Sooner or later, your little buddy is going find out daddy wears diapers. That isn't going to be an easy conversation. Your options at that point would be to tell the truth, which he won't understand, or lie, which isn't really a great idea either. If you do decide to continue wearing around him, your best option is to make him believe you're incontinent. The biggest problem with that is it is almost a guarantee he's going to tell family "I can wear big boy pants, daddy still wears diapers"

I strongly suggest you don't put yourself in a position to confuse your child and embarrass yourself. Being a parent means doing things you don't want to and not doing things you do want because it is best for your child.

Cottontail said:
The "diapers are just a type of underwear" viewpoint is the lovechild of a DL's fondest hopes and his over-optimism. Nobody else really thinks that way or is likely to accept that, I'm afraid.

Stop crushing our hopes and dreams, Cottontail! :smile1:

On a more serious note, I think the advice here is correct. It's best to keep diapers discreet and out of the way of your little one, in much the same way that vanilla parents are not having midday sex when their kid is running around one room over (at least, I don't think they are, I never ran into my parents doing that). There are times where you can wear like when the kids are out with someone else, or during the evening after they're asleep.

Having said that, if you wear every day and you feel that there's a psychological need present that would cause you a great deal of distress if you had to stop wearing all the time, I might put that under the "medical purposes" category even though it's not for incontinence, and if the kid finds out you explain that you need them and the child does not. But think carefully about just how much distress we're talking here because I'm talking about things like depression and serious loss of motivation, not just inconvenience.

When my kids were still living at home, my diapers were well hidden and I only wore when no one was home. It's only been in the last 8 years that I've been able to wear almost any time I want. When you become a parent, there are many sacrifices you have to make.

Reading this comment thread just made me really not want to be a parent haha

goodnitesco96 said:
Reading this comment thread just made me really not want to be a parent haha

I'm pretty sure there are some major advantages that make the sacrifices worthwhile.

But I don't wanna give up diapers haha

I have an 11 year old and 8 year old twins. I have been a DL for pretty much my whole life and I actually only told my wife of 12 years last year. I have kept it hidden from everybody and plan to keep it that way. My wife hates the idea of me wearing so I can only wear when nobody is home. Luckily, I work from home a lot and my wife has a bi-weekly meeting where she is out of the house all day and the kids are at school so I get the whole day to sit in my diaper and shirt and work in my home office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back