Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Ouch! I strangly got it on the inside of my leg where it isn't in the diaper!
I think my wet diaper kept brushing against my leg on a hot day and caused a rash, has anybody had this kind of rash before?, I should add more powder to my thighs...

That hurt more than I imagined it to! I forgot what diaper rash felt like! I never had it this bad but I have had mini rashes that didn't hurt that much, I just used to think babies were being soft!

Angelic said:
I think my wet diaper kept brushing against my leg on a hot day and caused a rash, has anybody had this kind of rash before?, I should add more powder to my thighs...

That hurt more than I imagined it to! I forgot what diaper rash felt like! I never had it this bad but I have had mini rashes that didn't hurt that much, I just used to think babies were being soft!

Yup, just last week, got my first heat rash! Clean well and then coat with hydrocortizone creme to keep it moisturized. During the day the creme may stain your pants so go with vaseline / petroleum jelly to at least protect it during the day. (it won't improve, but won't get worse, the hydrocortizone during the evening and overnight will do most of the repair) My pain was gone almost immediately and sesitivity gone within a day or so, but it took a few more days for the redness to fade away.

Hydrocortizone creme is available at most stores that have a pharmaceudical section. I got mine at walmart. The cheapest is TopCare or GreatValue anti-itch creme. HC is HC, there's no point in paying more for a name brand.

good luck!

Angelic said:

I've had diaper rash before, covered most of my butt >.<

It is indeed painful, but usually it goes away after a few days, well from memory that is.

Make sure to get diaper rash cream, it helps a bit.

Wherever there is moisture, wee beasties will flourish. I've never been fortunate enough to get regular old "diaper rash". When it happens to me--which is mercifully rare!--it usually presents as ringworm or jock itch, which are fungal infections requiring antifungal creams much like yeast infections and athlete's foot do. So if the rash persists for more than a few days and/or produces little red circles, you may need to pursue a slightly different course or treatment.

yes! I mostly get this type of rash from walking around on hot days with a wet nappy, or hiking in a nappy.

Is it hot days that produce this type of diaper rash? What exactly is "chaffing"?

Hope you can cure this diaper rash soon.

I started using triple paste diaper rash ointment this year and it's amazing it can be used to treat or prevent rashes. I don't always use it but when I plan to be in a wet diaper for like 6+ hours i do and it makes all the difference and saves me from the itchies.

My biggest rash spot, that I get the most consistently, is the inside of my right leg just outside of where the diaper actually sits. I think this is primarily caused by my mobility issues and having to sit in chairs most of the day, that's where the sweat and moisture tend to accumulate.

I have tried all sorts of diaper rash creams and treatments, the best one that I've used as of late is Aquaphor. Of course you're going to need to change often and shower/clean thoroughly and often. That's primarily what's going to make it clear up, but I've found putting a bit of Aquaphor on the offending spot at changing times goes a long way towards keeping them from showing up in the first place.

Angelic said:
Is it hot days that produce this type of diaper rash? What exactly is "chaffing"?

Chafing is where an object always rub up against the same area, damaging the skin.

For example, you're in your diaper and the crotch area is always rubbing the inside of your legs when you walk around. Lots of walking can cause the diaper rub your leg and can cause the skin to get irritated and cause the chafing.

Have you ever looked at the back of your heal/foot after a long day of walking, and noticed it was red? That's chafing, from the sock/shoe.

Oh, so was that type of rash chaffing?

On hot days I use lots of baby powder and wear a cloth backed diaper so things don't get sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back