If you could get rid of your AB/DL, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you had the chance to get rid of your AB/DL desires and in return, have plain, normal sexual desires, would you take it? You wouldn't miss this part of yourself, or even remember it. It would just never have existed. So would you do it or not and why?

I'm leaning towards yes because this has undoubtedly made my life more difficult. For as long as I can remember diapers have been my only sexual desire and my only sexual outlet. I've never really been attracted to girls or anyone for that matter and sex has never really been appealing to me, which is a serious problem because I really want to have a family some day. This is also an issue for me as diapers aren't an actual partner, so although they may be satisfying, they don't give you the sense of emotional closeness and companionship that a significant other would. So yeah, if it meant I could have a normal attraction to girls, I'd have no problem getting rid of this side of myself.

Last edited:
When I joined here, I certainly would have quicky answered "yes". That wasn't even because I thought it made me a bad person but aside from enjoyable orgasms, I didn't see any positive side to it. Now, although I'm perhaps even more cognizant of the difficulties, I wouldn't want to lose it. It's part of a strange and wonderful world and while under your scenario I wouldn't miss it, I'm happy and I think the loss would affect my personality and outlook in unforeseen ways. I can't imagine my life without the great friends I've made or the things I've done.

If I believed in blessings, I would call this a mixed one in the true sense. It has been a lot of effort but it's much more good than bad now and I wouldn't trade it.

Hell no ! since I started wearing at night I get more sleep due to not having to get up loads of times
P/S I've love the padded felling as well

Trevor said:
When I joined here, I certainly would have quicky answered "yes". That wasn't even because I thought it made me a bad person but aside from enjoyable orgasms, I didn't see any positive side to it. Now, although I'm perhaps even more cognizant of the difficulties, I wouldn't want to lose it. It's part of a strange and wonderful world and while under your scenario I wouldn't miss it, I'm happy and I think the loss would affect my personality and outlook in unforeseen ways. I can't imagine my life without the great friends I've made or the things I've done.

If I believed in blessings, I would call this a mixed one in the true sense. It has been a lot of effort but it's much more good than bad now and I wouldn't trade it.

I feel the same way.

I guess the most rational choice would still be yes because it would save me from a lot of hassle and some money spending but emotionally the answer would be no.

Fraldinhas said:
I feel the same way.

I guess the most rational choice would still be yes because it would save me from a lot of hassle and some money spending but emotionally the answer would be no.

As I've gotten older, I better understand that there are many ways in which we are all less than optimal. It's how we integrate those aspects of ourselves and make them work for us that keeps life interesting. If it wasn't diapers, it would be something else, either sexual or not, and it would come with its own expenses, either monetary, time, attention, etc. It can be a hassle but at this point, it's my hassle and I like it. I hope others can come to a similar happy conclusion.

Trevor said:
As I've gotten older, I better understand that there are many ways in which we are all less than optimal. It's how we integrate those aspects of ourselves and make them work for us that keeps life interesting. If it wasn't diapers, it would be something else, either sexual or not, and it would come with its own expenses, either monetary, time, attention, etc. It can be a hassle but at this point, it's my hassle and I like it. I hope others can come to a similar happy conclusion.

You're right. Like you said previously, in the past I might have said yes too but at this point in my life it's a no, I wouldn't get rid off. It's a part of me that I've accepted a long time ago but that just more recently I've begin to really enjoy.

Fraldinhas said:
You're right. Like you said previously, in the past I might have said yes too but at this point in my life it's a no, I wouldn't get rid off. It's a part of me that I've accepted a long time ago but that just more recently I've begin to really enjoy.

Then what was this question for?

Heeey, I know how you feel. I also want to have a family, and my attraction to diapers (at the expense of attraction to girls).. I really dunno..
Maybe instead of looking for magical button that would turn us in someone else.. Maybe it would be better to look for compromises? People are different, you sure can find a loving person who would accept you, without any conditions or changes.. And kids.. Well, I guess it shouldn't be a problem :)

No

No, now it's a part of who I am, it makes me happy and I enjoy it :eek:

When I was younger, maybe. But now, that I'm older and supporting myself and more confident about who I am, I would say no.

Like many, I can't pinpoint the origins of my ABDL desires, but I've accepted them as a part of who I am.

No, it is a part of my inner psychological makeup as a person with Autism and Cerebral Palsy.

If I got rid of my ABDL desires, or never had them, some parts of my life might have been easier, but I'd be a worse person today. So no, I wouldn't get rid of them.

When I was young, I was convinced I was some sort of freak, and I would have loved to have gotten rid of the feelings. In addition to wanting diapers, I was beginning to be attracted to guys instead of girls. I was dating a girl my senior year of high school and at the same time, I was conflicted with so many different feelings. When I went to college, I was with a male friend whom I truly loved. After college, I met the woman who would become my wife and we started our family.

I say this just to suggest that so many things are possible for our lives. We simply need to accept who we are and find some way to love ourselves as well as others. Now, diapers and regressing, feeling at times, babyish or like a toddler makes me happy, at a time in my life that has many challenges. I accept who I am for all its complexities and I really don't care about what society might think. I have my world and others have theirs.

Reactions: theQman
Answer - probably yes.

I have a number of other hobbies (both ones that I participate in now and ones that I like but haven't done in years) that I think would occupy my time and be a good substitute.

As I get better at allowing me to be me, I might not. And I wasn't able to say that 2 years ago.

I have plain sexual desires. Well, I don't seem to have them at quite the same level as others, but I can function just fine in vanilla situations. For me they were always mutually exclusive mindsets though.

Similar to others, when I was younger, I definitely would have wanted to get rid of it. There were a lot of negative experiences growing up. As I got a bit older I was in a long term relationship, and I didn't want to bring this into it. I just wanted to be "normal".

Anymore though I don't really care. I think it has likely softened some of my natural judgmental aspects. (I'm often surprised at how that hasn't happened to many posters here actually.) There are certainly worse things out there as far as social acceptance and general difficulty. I typically hate the phrase "It could be worse", but really, in this case it could be so much worse than liking diapers and/or pacifiers/etc.

theQman said:
If you had the chance to get rid of your AB/DL desires and in return, have plain, normal sexual desires, would you take it? You wouldn't miss this part of yourself, or even remember it. It would just never have existed. So would you do it or not and why?

This question implies being an Adult Baby is a sexual fetish desire for all people that enjoy this life style. Which I am sure is far from the truth.

For me being an Adult Baby/Toddler/Child is nothing sexual at all. It is purely emotional. I enjoy dressing like a young child between the ages of 18 months to 11 years. I prefer dressing as a girl, but anything cute and infantile works for me. It is pure innocent child-like regression for me when I am home and alone. Since my feelings are pure and non-sexual in nature a few close friends have seen me dressed in a child-like manner. I even enjoy dressing in matching outfits with my 7 year old niece. I am always a responsible adult while around other people.

If you had asked me this 5 years ago, when I first joined the site and was just starting to get a grip on having these desires, I would've gotten rid of this in a heartbeat. However, since I got more involved in the community and made more ABDL friends, I would not get rid of this part of me. Yes, it caused me a lot of stress growing up and it's certainly weird. But it's brought me a lot of joy and lead me to a lot of great people over the years and I do not want to give up any of the experiences or friendships I gained. Plus, ABDL is not the only weird part of me, so even if I didn't enjoy wearing diapers, I still wouldn't be a normal guy. :smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back