Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
As an Adult Baby, I really do not brag much about my own adventures in being an Adult Baby. I prefer to be quiet, and very low-key with my activities. I do prefer to be seen as an older mentor in the community reminding others of what is okay or not okay with respect to behavior in the AB Community.

caitianx said:
As an Adult Baby, I really do not brag much about my own adventures in being an Adult Baby. I prefer to be quiet, and very low-key with my activities. I do prefer to be seen as an older mentor in the community reminding others of what is okay or not okay with respect to behavior in the AB Community.

For the most part, I'm that way too unless I'm being crazy or silly dogboy. I understand and appreciate that I'm 68 years old, not 20, and so I keep my diaper adventures to myself. The mental vision of a 68 year old man doing his diaper thing might be a scary vision indeed. I don't even go that scary in my Halloween stories for this site. Too scary!

There are some boring sides about getting older, but there are some good too: the nice feeling of going "stealth mode" about stuff.

Nice topic Caitianx. I completely agree. I think that the older members have a very important role to play in the community; helping the youngest members go through one of life's most significant and stressful events; going out on their own. They come to us at 18 or 19, just out of high school or college, need to find a job and a place to live. In most cases, it's the most difficult and stressful time of their life. Being AB can play a positive or negative role in that transition.

The older members don't need to share every little thought that comes to their mind because they've been there before. What they do bring are their experiences, having been through most of it already and perhaps the quiet knowledge that things usually work themselves out. I'm not religious but I've found that when you're in need, a new opportunity always presents itself. You just need to be prepared to take advantage of it. My grandmother used to say "for every door that closes, an new one opens. We, the older members of the community, know that already.

This evening as usual, I am on both here and on my Facebook page.
I was in stealth mode with my being little this afternoon, since I had to be at the monthly meeting of our local Autistic Self Advocacy Network Chapter. All I had was a small baby dolly friend in my diaper bag. It was comforting just knowing she was nearby. I will be in Baby Mode at bedtime later. I will need baby time tonight, since I had to be in super-cripple adult mode today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back