Are their cloth diapers like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQwertyParable

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay. In most pictures I've seen of cloth diapers are the one with the buttons and the kind with the two pins on each side, but I've seen artwork of a cloth diaper that has one big pin and is wrapped in a different way. So just out of curiosity does this kind exist? If so, how do I make this specific cloth diaper?

Example: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13653213/

Only example I could find but I've seen multiple like this.

yes it all depends upon how you fold the diaper

mk1rage said:
yes it all depends upon how you fold the diaper

Is their instructions I could see? When trying to google I only got the other two example.

Look up "origami fold". I think that's what you're looking for. But there are a number of folds that result in a very narrow front and very wide back. Basically, that's what you need.

I think this is how mothers fold their baby diapers many years ago before they manufactured pre-folds. I think the pre-folds are superior, but if you're older like I am, the triangle fold brings back a lot of old memories. Mostly I'd seem them in old cartoons, and as a kid, I'd watch and want to be back in diapers.

Yeah, it's an origami fold, but you can't find safety pins big enough to fasten them.

I have tried that but seriously it's not really that comfortable. There are much better ways. I think it just looks good in drawings. And like kitter just said I don't think you could get pins big enough to achieve the look you're after.

kitterdafoxy said:
Yeah, it's an origami fold, but you can't find safety pins big enough to fasten them.

Trust me. I've seen some BIG safety pins.

ozbub said:
I have tried that but seriously it's not really that comfortable.

Agreed. One problem with the tri-corner thing is support. Think about it this way: If you only pin the diaper in the front center, only the center line of the diaper is going to provide any support. It will be very loose on the edges and through the folds of your crotch. Some people might like that, but I really prefer a snug diaper. This is the same reason why I think Snappis suck for adults--unless you use two of them, which defeats the purpose IMO.

And I don't think the adult-sized diaper pins are big enough to really solve this problem. You'd need like a 6"-8" pin or something. And at that point, the shaft of the pin would either be too thick to make it through the fabric, or two narrow and flimsy to hold its shape for long.

Bummer, dude.

Cottontail said:
5". Hmmm. Might be big enough. :) Are the points any good? My biggest beef with the adult-sized diaper pins I've tried is that the tapers are way too steep. Side-by-side with baby diaper pins, they're like nails versus needles.
giggles well I have use them for my pre fold diapers but your rite the are a little on the blunt side. they do work though but I have to give the a bit of a wiggle to get then though. I use the thinner ones and they work good but there only 3 inch long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back