Status
Not open for further replies.

fifigal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
This is an edited, somewhat updated version of a post I made quite some time ago. I did a quick search, and did not see a similarly posted thread, so I thought I would start it again. I think these kind of posts are fun, even if they are frivolous.

" I was just wondering how, and /or why you folks chose the particular moniker, user-name, screen-name, log-on name (or what ever you call it) you use.

I have noted that some are quite usual, every-day names (i.e."Mandi", "James", "Elizabeth"...). Some are a little more descriptive and theme-oriented (i.e."Baby Mike", "Baby Lizzie","BabyDenise"...). Some are a play-on-words (i.e."Nam Repaid"...). Some names are just extremely cute ( i.e. "MandyBear" ). Some are whimsical (i.e."Potty Pants", "NoisySecret"...) some are comical, some are cryptic, and some I just don't understand at all ( Why would you call yourself "Dipshit" ?, when I last posted this, there really was a member here who called himself Dipshit.). I am not sure, but I suspect many user-name come from animated stories or cartoons.

The name you are given by others may not reflect how you feel, or how you view yourself, but a name choosen by yourself might provide some insight into your thoughts and feelings (or maybe not). Anyway how did you decide on your on-line name here at ADISC ? "

Last edited:
I got Kimba from the 1960's anime Kimba the White Lion. No particular meaning behind Starshine.

KimbaStarshine said:
No particular meaning behind Starshine.

I thought it was from the song "Good Morning Starshine".

I did just find a somewhat recent thread on this topic that was started by Snivy on July 26, 2014.
Oh well, if any of the new members want to reply, or the older members want to reply again, please do.
I am not going to request that the thread be closed.

I got my username back when I played Star Wars Galaxies. I needed a new character name and the only thing that I could think of was from a documentary I watched one day I was home sick from school about the giant squid (architeuthis) [the level of boring of TV during school hours never ceased to amaze me]. I didn't know how to spell it so I just sounded it out. When Star Wars Galaxies shut down the name kind of went with it. When I went to join here, I wanted a name that wouldn't tie any of my real accounts together, would be hard to google search, and was generally interesting. Arcituthis simply hit all of the marks and became my new username.

fifigal said:
I did just find a somewhat recent thread on this topic that was started by Snivy on July 26, 2014.
Oh well, if any of the new members want to reply, or the older members want to reply again, please do.
I am not going to request that the thread be closed.

Yup, I had a very good thread back then :D ahh~ Good memories

x3 But anyhoo, same reason, I love pokemon, I love 5th generation, I love Snivy, so there ya have it. Don't tell zipperless about the cake.

fifigal said:
I have noted that some are quite usual, every-day names (i.e."Mandi", "James", "Elizabeth"...).

LOL! Was that a nod? :D

Anyways fairly simple, Mandy is a sort of nickname of my name, and no my name isn't Amanda, try again :)
And it was taken, so I added one my favorite things, (Teddy) Bears, which I believe he was sitting right next to me when I joined.

And here I am : MandyBear :)

MandyBear said:
LOL! Was that a nod? :D

No, when I last posted this, there was a member that went by Mandi.

I should have added a line that said, " Some names are just extremely cute ( i.e. "MandyBear" ). "

Not only should have, but did. Re-read the original post.

fifigal said:
No, when I last posted this, there was a member that went by Mandi.

I should have added a line that said, " Some names are just extremely cute ( i.e. "MandyBear" ). "

Not only should have, but did. Re-read the original post.

Awwwwww :D :D I'm honored Thank You!

Ya a few members asked me if I was her when I first started, I guess she was really well liked, or maybe its just the name >_<

I came up with my username at random. I know the Max part of Gsmax is that I wanted a name that wasn't anything like my real name. I'm not exactly sure where the Gs came from. I think I just looked around, saw something that started with G, threw in an s for an unknown, added Max, and it's Gsmax, and the name just sort of stuck, becoming my ABDL name.

I started using this name almost four years ago. I was trying to think of something cutesy and Cereal came to be. My grandmother and cousins jokingly called me the cereal monster for awhile. So, it stems from how I used to eat it a loooooot and acquired the Cookie Monster's breakfast equivalent for a nickname. :B Sadly, this doesn't match well with my art handle, though I prefer this name over the handle. d:

Snivy said:
Don't tell zipperless about the cake.

Huh? Wha...? Cake? Me love cake!

No pants means no zipper = Zipperless.

Call me ~Zip~ for short

Last edited by a moderator:
Egor

1) When I was in 7th grade, several of my class mates would change graffiti from F* to EgoR

2) I was a lab tech/research assistant and our lab was in the basement of the Animal Science Building. So I got called Igor by several people.

3) I am the worst at spelling an I thought Igor was spelled Egor

So that is how Egor came to be.

I actually made mine up about 7 years ago for a guild wars character. It's the name I use on all forums I participate in.

Mine is of the fact I love Stitch and I'm using his experiment number instead of his name.

Mine was for the deep, highly personal reason that it's completely different than any name I've ever used anywhere else :p

Adventurer said:
Mine was for the deep, highly personal reason that it's completely different than any name I've ever used anywhere else :p

Diddo with me too but there's more too it.

Basically I didn't want to use my real name so I kinda threw something together, that means my full self,

The kitty part represents the little part, or if nothing else the private part of me, where I'm a LG, sissy, abdl and/or a catboy or a dogboy, which various day to day.

The Ninja represents the adult half of me, the part which I show to the public, where I'm a total otaku nerd, Christian, Aspie and 90's kid, (although I'm not afraid to watch new stuff.) who loves music, video games and life, and who's in college.

And finally the W, comes from a Japanese superhero called kamin rider W, and means double in Japanese represents the link between the two, or the hopeful link between the two.

So it means.

Kitty+ninja+W= KittyninjaW

Or

Little half+Adult half+The link between the two=Me!

Last edited:
I was given this name in the service by Fat cat. Spent 42 years as a telephone man.

MY Momma gave me my name. I think it's just perfect!! :D

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I picked my own name. I didn't smell like a gym shoe or look at all like a gym shoe. It's just a name that is spelled one way, but COULD have other meaning.
That sorta stuff cracks me up. Heck! I'm not even of Asian decent, but I did stay in a Hong Kong Holiday Inn, once... so?
oh well, I used to be known as Jim Shu ... but when Momma took me as Her very own little baby, she chose to name me Alfred.
I also took Her family name, because that's what a good little baby does.

Truth of the matter is, the moniker/handle/name/nick I had used for many, many moons had a reputation, and I was ready to break with that identity completely.
That old identity was killed, in terminator-style fashion and I had to come up with a new online persona and identitity & stuff.
I tried exploring things, and was known as an explorer type for a while too.

Now and then, I come across folks that have used the same handle/nick/name/moniker for ever. It's neato to see old friends, and sometimes not be reckognized too.

A lot has changed and much of the life I once led has been left in the dust. New chapter ;)

In my username, the word "Wing" is a metaphor for something that's a part of me. Thus, the username means, "a part of me I choose to keep secret". I felt such a phrase fits very well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back