Do your kids know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryPotter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
My 8 year old son today asked me do adults wear nappies? So I said yes some people do need them when they are adults for lots of different reasons. So he then asks me "do you wear them?"!! Help I thought, has he found my stash or seen the bulky outline. I've always been careful around my two children. So I answered yes I have when going on long journeys. He seemed happy with that. I know its a partial truth but I don't want to tell them that I wear most evenings after they have gone to bed and sometimes a tight pull up in the day so it doesn't show. My wife knows and tolerates it (just), I'm also a little but the only people who know are you lovely people. So has anyone told thier children or have they found out?

My sons know i wear.

No. Kids have enough trouble guarding their own secrets on the playground. Telling them mine would be like making them suicide bombers for a cause they don't even understand.

As far as I know, my kids don't know. However I feel that it is inevitable they'll find out. At age 5 and 2 they're not nearly as curious and prying as they'll be at 10 or 15. It's just a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think mine do, though our oldest son occasionally just pops in and sometimes I have things like sippy cups out, and the plushies on my bed.

Don't y'all have a locked safe or trunk? They should never need access to that. So that would be a honest safe spot. If the question arises, I will simply say I've had to from time and its just a different form of underwear. (great form to me :), others maybe not). When they are older and if they ask, I will fully explain the experience. I do not want to try to push my views on the fetish on them, but hopefully try and keep an understanding that everyone develops a different sexual identity and different things might arouse different people..

While the plan is to never have my kids no, I'm always nervous of the chance that they stumble across my stash. I keep it well hidden, but you never know. They will never catch me wearing one because I never wear when they are around.

My son knows - he's eight years old. One day he was watching a kids series on the TV with a friend of he's and in the TV series two boys played with diapers. He's only comment was, my dad wear diapers too. I don't flaunt my diaper wearing at home nor when out, but it is hard to disguise...bulk, leaks etc.
I'm IC so no real option here...

My daughter is only 14 months, so I am still "safe" but I wonder what will happen as she gets older

I figure mine's gonna somehow find out eventually; I like to think I'll find some way to play it off but in reality I'll probably break into a cold sweat and run and hide in my room.

Relatedly, has anyone had this discussion with their wives? I mean, I'm sure for most of us it's an unspoken understanding with the wife, but I wonder if anyone has had an explicit discussion.

Cottontail said:
No. Kids have enough trouble guarding their own secrets on the playground. Telling them mine would be like making them suicide bombers for a cause they don't even understand.

this. There's just no reason kids need to know such private things.

I'm incon, not ABDL and my son is only 19 months old. He's seen me in a diaper but i'm trying to not let him see it anymore as I don't want him to remember it.

Being actually incontinent makes hiding diapers challenging. I don't have the luxury of feeling like I need to be careful so maybe I'll stop wearing around certain people or take a break for a little while. That just isn't possible. I wear 24/7 so it' a lot of diapers getting shipped to the house. It's just physically hard to hide them. As he gets older and we go on family trips, stay in one hotel room...or even in another year or two when he wakes up with a nightmare and wants to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed, it's going to be really hard to hide.

I figure at some point he's going to become aware of daddy's little secret and at that time I'll sit him down and explain how that is something we don't talk about outside the house. I'd like to delay that day as long as possible though.

No, my kids don't know. Part of the fun of diaper wearing for me is doing something secret.

I went into diapers when my kids were young, 6 & 10. I became extremely ill and needed 24 hour care. My kids knowing I was in diapers was out of my control. But knowing never affected them, as dad being incontinent was not significant in context.

It took a long time to make a partial recovery, but I was left incontinent. When I could resume responsibility for myself I made a point of always covering my diapers around my kids. But there's always diaper evidence... wearing thick cloth diapers at home, having a diaper pail in the garage next to the washing machine, and cases of disposable diapers delivered with extra cases stored in the garage.

If I was IC and needed my diapers, I would have no problem letting my kids or any of my close friends and family know that I wear diapers. Since I am not IC, I don't feel the need to let anybody know about my diaper wearing other than my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back