I was thinking of buying a pacifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I was thinking about buying an adult pacifier to bring another element to my "little time".
I've been looking at "OnesiesDownUnder" and their pacifiers and was considering buying a Nuk MedicPro (large) and one of their other adult pacifiers.

Anyone have experience? I've tried searching but never found any direct explanation on how they fit in the mouth in various positions. Do they fall out easily when sitting up with the draw dropped (not suckling), do they fall out easily while laying down on my side/sleeping?

I would like to know before I buy.

Thanks in advance.

I have the Nuk 6 and it's the best I have had to date Have fun.

I personally like Momma Kate's Pacifiers (Pacifiers R us) They are really expensive but they last a while. The one I have in my mouth at the moment I had for a couple of years now. They are great.
As for size you have to kind of guess. In my opinion Nuk5s are better for young teenagers. I am 25 and the nuk5s drive me crazy. I have yet to try the Nuk6. I just got me a new paci today from Pacifiers R us and cant spend anymore for a while especially since I went to a pony convention. Also most importantly you need to try latex first as they are really soft. I never liked the wight plastic teats. Bought only one and will never buy another.
Lastly make sure you have a clip or something to connect it to. I like to clip mine with a badge clip and clip it to my stuffed animal's necklace I made her out of crochet embroidery thread. During the day I have a kandi bead necklace I clip it to.

I like the 6-18 months baby pacifier especially the gumdrop ones they are my ultimate favorite. To answer your question Do they fall out easily when sitting up with the draw dropped (not suckling), do they fall out easily while laying down on my side/sleeping?
yes they do pop out while asleep but you wont notice it until you wake up in the morning also it does not matter how you are sleeping with them they just kinda mysteriously pop out while asleep here are some links for some good pacifiers http://www.baby-pants.com/pacifiers.php https://www.awwsocute.com/adult_sized_pacifier https://www.adultpacifier.com/
Themanswifesman said:
I was thinking about buying an adult pacifier to bring another element to my "little time".
I've been looking at "OnesiesDownUnder" and their pacifiers and was considering buying a Nuk MedicPro (large) and one of their other adult pacifiers.

Anyone have experience? I've tried searching but never found any direct explanation on how they fit in the mouth in various positions. Do they fall out easily when sitting up with the draw dropped (not suckling), do they fall out easily while laying down on my side/sleeping?

I would like to know before I buy.

Thanks in advance.

I've got a Nuk 3 (orthodontic silicone) and they're really soothing. Have mine in right now actually~ I do feel like this one is rather small though since after a while my jaw starts to hurt. I've heard with bigger pacis that's not too big of a problem.
Ordered a Nuk 5 some time ago but it still hasn't come in.

As for your questions, I tried the jaw dropped thing and it's not coming out unless my mouth is gaping open. I agree with MatalicPebble in which you might want a pacifier clip. You don't even have to buy one really. I've made a few using braided yarn/hemp cord, beads, and a hair clip. I've never slept with mine though seeing as my mom sometimes comes in to check on me.

Try a toddler paci first

Anyone have experience? I've tried searching but never found any direct explanation on how they fit in the mouth in various positions.

I would recommend buying a toddler pacifier to start and if you like it get an adult one from there.
I just got my first pacifier earlier today and I can keep from suckling it.
But before you spend $40+ for an adult pacifier make sure you truly want one by buying a toddler paci for $5 and see if you like it first.

LittleHunter said:
I would recommend buying a toddler pacifier to start and if you like it get an adult one from there.
I just got my first pacifier earlier today and I can keep from suckling it.
But before you spend $40+ for an adult pacifier make sure you truly want one by buying a toddler paci for $5 and see if you like it first.

Not a bad idea but not necessarily definitive either. I started with baby pacifiers and it put me off them for several years. It wasn't even that I could recognize that they were too small and needed something bigger but the whole quality of the experience was different enough that I wasn't pushed to try an adult-sized one until later.

As I just linked in another thread, these are no-frills adult NUKs but very reasonably priced: http://www.fetware.com/nuk-pacifier-...76421e1063f381. I've ordered a number of times from them and they're decent enough.

Pacifiers R Us is a great source for adult pacis. You can choose from a large variety of mouth guards, different size teats, and either latex or silicone teats. If you want something that will stay in your mouth when you sleep, I do suggest larger adult pacis over child sized pacis. Measure the distance from your lips to your middle palate to get an idea of size in inches. You want a teat that rests on your palate, and not your front teeth. Holding a teat with your front teeth is tiring and painful after awhile.

Hope this helps, and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get my paci's from Pacifiers R Us and in my opinion the work great. I have a couple of NUK 5 paci's and I love them. I prefer the bigger one over the smaller ones but it does come down to personal preference and what fits and feels right to you.

In my experience when I drop my jaw it doesn't fall out. The only reason my paci comes out of my mouth is when I intentionally take it out. When you first try to sleep with it, it will most likely fall out but overtime you should be able to sleep with and it will not fall out of your mouth.

These are my experiences but I would say find out what is right for you and act accordingly. I hope I helped.

You can't go wrong with any of the ones from awwsocute.

I actually just got my adult paci in yesterday and am loving it ^^

Before dishing out a ton of money, you can buy the same adult paci I got from amazon for $8.80 + free shipping (comes from China, so shipping will take a good while)

https://www.amazon.com/LittleForBig...qid=1468682026&sr=8-6&keywords=adult+pacifier

This is the light blue one. They also have pink and white. In my opinion, it's of really nice quality and a steal for the current price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back