Introduction/College in Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dprlvr123

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone, kind of a closet tdl here- thought I'd get some opinions as I get ready to move on to the next chapter of my life. I've been interested in diapers off and on for awhile now (bedwetter until 12ish) and then around 15 or 16 started getting interested in diapers. Anyways, once I got my license I started getting a little more freedom, and over the past year have just been getting store bought diapers like goodnites, depends (wish they were the tabs instead of pullups) and some baby diapers. Anyways, for the most part I've been pretty good about concealing them (in a compartment and bag in my room that nobody ever goes in and I never use anymore, except my dad found out while I was out of state recently and confronted me about it, and asked me if there was a problem. I just kind of played it off and told him if there was a problem I'd tell him and not to worry, and that was that. Anyways... obviously moving off to college soon I'll have a roomate, and knowing his schedule I know there's several times where I won't have class and he does. In general what do you guys think about wearing in college?

Well it really depends on how friendly and non-snoopy your room mate is. You could have a lot of trouble if you have a room mate who is a bit of a snob and finds out you wear diapers. On the other hand, a lot of people in college life are pretty open minded, at least to the point of respect. We live in a society that has started to realize that it needs to be ok with out of the norm lifestyles, and I think that has helped a bit.

If anything, you can at least have some diapers hidden away, and if you get found out, you can just say that you sometimes need them, you don't have to say that you like them, unless your room mate seems super chill. I think in the end, it is worth having a few around just for the occasions that you really feel like you would like one on.

Just make sure your room mate doesn't seem like somebody that would try and take advantage of you by making your life hell if he figured out. See how he treats other people, and people of different life styles.

I've taken a few packs to my dorm. In fact for the time I had them, which was about a month or two, no one noticed or found them. I pretty much wait for an opportunity for my roommate to be away in class, like you said. You shouldn't have to worry about being caught as typically roommates will mind their own space. Just be sure not to leave them where people might see them. I keep mine in my backpack, typically in my closet. No one ever looks in it because they probably think its just books for school and what not, but I've left the backpack open from time to time and almost had some close calls.

Also, careful when you go to through out your trash/ diapers. Find a good moment (probably at night) where you know you're roommate is out because they'll probably have a few nights (or a lot) of having an all nighter with friends. Best of luck! :)

Some colleges require that RAs do regular inspections of rooms to check for alcohol, drugs and other banned items. I would make sure that you keep your stash in an area where they aren't allowed to look. For example when I was in a dorm my freshman year, the RAs could open drawers and closets but couldn't move anything or open bags unless they saw something that was prohibited.

Also, don't let hiding a stash get in the way of being social with your roommate. The best way to turn a normal roommate into a snoopy one is to be anti-social, it just makes everyone around you suspicious. Good luck!

When I was in college and sharing a room, I told my roommate that I had an issue where I sometimes wet the bed, seemingly tied to being stressed or tired, and that I sometimes used a diaper if I thought it might be a problem. Then I said that I wanted their help in keeping it on the down low.

When you are sharing what seems to be a medical issue with somebody and are asking for their confidence, I found that all my roommates were accommodating.

It was not the truth, but I'd tell the same lie again in the same situation.

Being proactive about it also relieves you of some of the stress of worrying that you'll get found out by the person who will most likely see you. I was lucky in roommates, I guess, but they were all good at recognizing the confidence and tried to be supportive.

I'm lucky enough to have a single room this upcoming year (one of many perks of ROTC), so I don't have to worry about roommates. My best advice would be to use them only when you're sure he'll be away- there's always a chance class gets cancelled, so take that into account, too. For storage, just follow the general rules- don't put them somewhere obvious or where someone might come across them unintentionally. Roommates probably will keep their distance, but I wouldn't count on it, so still hide them well (and I mean well. Get a lockbox or something if you have to. I'll admit myself to being a bit of a snooper, though I never find anything- not that I'd have a problem with whatever I found, since barring illegal contraband, its hard to find something worse than discovering your roommate wears diapers). Disposal is another thing entirely. I'm not even sure how the trash will work in my dorm (I don't move in until the 1st), but I'd recommend buying a package of gallon ziploc bags to store used diapers in until trash day, then subtly throw them out. Thats what I've been doing trying to use all my diapers before I move out.

DMVanGrif said:
Some colleges require that RAs do regular inspections of rooms to check for alcohol, drugs and other banned items.

Maxx said:
Most places, freshmen are required to live in dorms.

Wow! American universities seem so strict! We are talking about legal adults here, aren't we?! Don't grown ups have some kind of right to privacy in their own homes/halls/bedrooms?

Drugs were tolerated at the universities I went to, so long as they were used discreetly and there was no commercial activity. Student parties must be incredibly boring over there!

DMVanGrif said:
Some colleges require that RAs do regular inspections of rooms to check for alcohol, drugs and other banned items. I would make sure that you keep your stash in an area where they aren't allowed to look. For example when I was in a dorm my freshman year, the RAs could open drawers and closets but couldn't move anything or open bags unless they saw something that was prohibited.

Sounds like good advice! Forewarned is forearmed -- find out if there are any snooping policies at the uni and keep all your drugs, booze and diapers somewhere where they won't look.

When I was in school we had I think 2 inspections each year, regardless of what level (freshmen, sophomore...) you were. However these were just simple fire inspections to make sure things were not blocking the sprinklers, no one disabled the smoke alarm, and all the doors were able to open fully and if the room had a kitchen then the fire extinguisher was there. Beyond that they had no right to open or look through anything. So as long as you didn't leave it out in the open it was fine. Drugs/Alcohol was tolerated the same way it is every where, if it isn't seen then its tolerated. One thing to note in this respect is depending on University rules you will also get in trouble for drugs your roommate has in the room.

My freshman year I wore very little. I was in a dorm room instead of an apartment so it makes doing anything private kind of hard. The few times I wore during the year were on weekend when my roommate went home, or I diapered up before bed then I woke up at 5 AM to get ready for work so it was pretty easy to go into the bathroom shower, and clean up my diaper and throw it away on my way to my car for work. After that I wore more often because I always had an apartment with a common living area and then the bed rooms. I still had to share a room but we spent almost all the time in the living room and I wore around my roommates and they had no idea. I tended to shower then diaper up in the bathroom and no one ever knew. Again though I had the 'convenience' of getting up at 5 AM when I wore over night to clean up with no one else awake. I also changed before showers a lot. I would be wearing and wet then I would go shower. Wrap up the diaper then wrap it in my dirty clothes and when I was done showering I would carry all my dirty clothes back to my room past my roommates and dump them in my laundry bag (I usually wrapped the diaper in a bag also). Then when I had a chance I would dig it out of the laundry bag and throw it in the dumpster outside our apartment.

I personally think wearing my freshmen year was useless. I never had the opportunity to really enjoy it and was always nervous of being discovered. You may think your roommate has class but you never know when its cancelled, ends early, or your roommate just doesn't go. You also have the disadvantage of not really knowing your roommate freshmen year. After that you will probably pick your roommates and you will trust the people you pick to not snoop.

If I was to be a freshmen again, I would probably limit myself to only wear on weekends when my roommate goes home. Like an hour after he leaves, to make sure he doesn't turn around and come back, diaper up and enjoy Friday night and Saturday. Then Saturday night clean up all the evidence and dispose it it all. I would also keep it hidden even on the weekend though. Don't leave anything out so in the event your RA comes to the door or your roommate comes back unexpectedly all you have to do is act normal until you get a chance to clean up. And most of all socializing and school work comes above all else. So if trying to sneak in diapers is interrupting either of those, then just stop trying. And don't try it for the first few weeks until you settle in to your new surroundings.

I just graduated college last spring and I had no problem with wearing diapers at college because I had no roommate my freshman year and the other years I had a roommate who was a DL as well.
I remember that our RA would do room checks often but they were not allowed really allowed to touch anything and they were only allowed to take action if illegal contraband was out in the open. I would say hide your stash in a place where it would not be found but it is possible your roommate could go through your stuff though but I was fortunate that never happened to me.
As for wearing them make sure they are covered and not showing and if you are caught with it you can pass it off as a medical need.
Hopefully I helped and good luck at your first year in college.

tall2826 said:
I just graduated college last spring and I had no problem with wearing diapers at college because I had no roommate my freshman year and the other years I had a roommate who was a DL as well.

The luck there, is off the scale. Assuming you both were trying to be discrete, how did you ever discover that?

Tyger said:
Just make sure your room mate doesn't seem like somebody that would try and take advantage of you by making your life hell if he figured out. See how he treats other people, and people of different life styles.

Fortunately, most people have made that transition from "juvenile" to "adult" by college and are past that sort of behavior. So on the average the risk should be low. Definitelyt no guarantee, but should be low-risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back