diaper prescription fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
what i'm asking here is purely just for academical purposes, and i'm very well aware of what would happen if i got caught doing such a thing. i'm just really curious about this, and want to hear what you guys have to say about it

so, i was just counting my diaper money today, when it suddenly crossed my mind: would it be possible to go to the doc, lie about having poor bladder control and bedwetting issues, then get some sort of a diaper prescription so you can get diapers for free?

by that i mean if would it be possible to kinda "fake/bluff" your way through the tests, refuse any operations saying that you're afraid of it or something, not use the prescribed medicine then lie to the doc that you used it and it's not working?

would there be a certain way that the doc could know you're lying to him? like, could he somehow find out that you didn't use the medicine, and/or that you're bluffing your way through the tests? could he do another test to see if you really used the medicine? let's say he does something like a drug test to find out. and finally, how high are the possibilities to either suceed or get caught?

is there anyone with actual health issues who got the diaper prescription without having to lie, and would now share the story about how exactly the whole thing goes before you get the prescription?

again, i'm asking purely for academical reasons. i know that if i got caught doing this i'd get a massive fine, which would mean i'd be left with no money for diapers for a long time. i'm really not that stupid to try this!

The doctor would essentially tell you to go buy them, or just like meds, insurance may cover it. Insurance fraud via diapers would be a field day for the press, but then again if you say you don't want medical procedures the doctor would understand, as it's a common fear. This answer essentially is as complicated as one can think up.

Before a doctor would do that, one would do test.
I heard some can be very uncomfortable.

Before things are given cheaper or free, they want to make sure first.
Also you can only get certain brands, ABU and Bambino, and other AD/DL aimed brands would not be included.

The doc would probably have 20 questions for you and have you do some tests to determine your IC. They might not be all that pleasant.

As for other reasons, it's outright fraud. Granted a person could do much worse, but you would still have to live with your own conscience knowing others out there may really need them.

Well,

I'm ic, and have/had a prescription...havent used in years...

But, just buy the 24/7's I like...

At 18 money is, well, not as abundant...and as such the getting "free" stuff is very appealing...

At 18 I'd already been living on my own, and moved the Chicago...and worked full time...

Even if it takes a bit, you'll get income, and make money for you diapers...

Diapers aren't very expensive in the whole thing...they are cheaper than smoking and drinking, and don't kill you!

I wouldn't try the insurance thing...they will most likely require lots of tests, and some are not pleasant...I know for sure...I've had neurological issues since having near fatal spinal meningitis at around 18 months old...

Dealing with insurance on the big things (drugs) to the tune of 1000's a month is enough...just one of my prescriptions is discount price near 1000$ a month...Lyrica...expensive...having insurance take my meds bill down by 1000's is worth the hassle...but getting crap diapers...or fighting for refund isn't worth it for the amount...even though I've been through the damn tests! It took two months the get my apap machine covered...insurance is a pain...not being richious...but fraud like we are talking about here makes it worse!

Bottom line, get a job, mowing lawns, gardening, paper route...whatever, and just buy them...

When you make the money to buy what you desire it feels so much better than getting it some other way!

Get some cash, get a po box, or a box at the ups store, and buy a prepaid card at Walmart...not too difficult...nt super expensive...it's your private place for things to be shipped to...and works great when at home with parents...

Lots of excuses...lace to ship bday, mday, fday, Xmas, etc gifts to keep surprise...can also order free samples to there as well...

Just my $0.02

Reactions: patrick1776
Standard procedure would be trying to determine the underlying cause. And most likely trying to fix this issue.

Depending on the expertise of any given doctor, so let's say a general practitioner, he would send you to an urologist. He or she will need some tests to work with, i.e. to determine what kind of incontinence it is. Usually it involves urodynamics, a cystoscopy, ultrasonic.
If there's no lead, then you'd need to visit a neurologist. Since it might be this kind of issue, like some kind of nerve damage, a tumor, problems with your spinal cord or any other disease out of this area. This usually leads to an MRI (brain, spinal cord) with or without contrast agent, any kind of electric conductivity, a lumbar puncture and so on.
That's no fun. The last one hurts like hell to be honest. You might think you're getting used to it after some years... but not that much actually. In my case it's for testing/a checkup if the cerebrospinal fluid might be inflammatory, since it can happen and is not predictable by an MRI.

Anyway, if this leads nowhere you might be sent to a psychologist/psychiatrist or anything similar, since there would be no physical issue for the IC problems. I can't tell where this might end, but I'd say it might not be that pleasent.

So I'd guess for a while it might work, at least as long as it's getting checked since no doctor would be this inhuman. But would this be worth it? All kinds of medical examinations, which start from not being comfortable right up to hurting actually. While some people could really need those examinations but often need to wait until the damage is irreparable, although knowing earlier what the problem would have been - may have had a higher chance of full recovery. Or they don't have enough money to pay for them depending on where they live in our world. So you´d take up this spot and the money it costs... for nothing. I guess everyone would say no, right?

Even then the questions leading up to the tests would probably let them know. They performed many tests on me, but because my answers never changed it narrowed down the tests. Plus the answers lead them to the diagnosis and how severe it was. Everything I was told to read did not have the answers I was giving, but the symptoms did lead them to find what was wrong.

It's a really bad idea. As said before, the doctors wouldn't just give you a prescription, but would ask you a bunch of questions about your incontinence and then run several tests, that I have heard hurt A LOT. If you somehow get the prescription and aren't found out during the questions and test, they'd probably talk to your insurance which would cover it. Not only is this insurance fraud and wrong, but you'd most likely get a prescription for some shitty low quality diapers. The most you could possibly hope for are Abenas. Anything like Bambinos, ABUniverse, or Snuggies, forget about it. You'd then spend a bunch of time dealing with insurance companies, doctors, and filling out paperwork about this that honestly, isn't worth the time you'd be putting into this, let alone the consequences of getting caught.

Overall, it's wrong, a very bad idea that would end very poorly, and you're much better off just buying your diapers.

Gsmax said:
It's a really bad idea. As said before, the doctors wouldn't just give you a prescription, but would ask you a bunch of questions about your incontinence and then run several tests, that I have heard hurt A LOT. If you somehow get the prescription and aren't found out during the questions and test, they'd probably talk to your insurance which would cover it. Not only is this insurance fraud and wrong, but you'd most likely get a prescription for some shitty low quality diapers. The most you could possibly hope for are Abenas. Anything like Bambinos, ABUniverse, or Snuggies, forget about it. You'd then spend a bunch of time dealing with insurance companies, doctors, and filling out paperwork about this that honestly, isn't worth the time you'd be putting into this, let alone the consequences of getting caught.

Overall, it's wrong, a very bad idea that would end very poorly, and you're much better off just buying your diapers.

yea i know it's not a good idea. like i said before, i was asking for academical reasons.

but here where i live, you can get tena and abena diapers if you have the prescription. you can even get baby diapers like that.
it would be nice to get diapers for free, but i guess i'll just use that little money i have and buy my own diapers without worrying about dealing with insurance agents. i'm buying a stash of hundred diapers in a while when my parents go away to the beach for two weeks. this is gonna be great

I don't think it works like that...the doctor doesn't prescribe "diapers." In fact in this day in age I wouldn't be surprised if he only prescribed medicine to curb the incontinence.

Insurance Fraud is insurance fraud, in America if you commit insurance fraud there is jail time involved unless it is multiple people and you take a plea deal. At least, that's how they always seem to go. It's no joke in America. For something like this, depending on how long you did the fraud for and how much money it is you might be able to buy your way into only a month-three months of jail time, or probation. Plus the news would have a field day with you and you'd probably get your name and family ruined via press stories on it.

Diaper prescription fraud has too many problems to allow it to happen.

Not using the prescribed medications would be a problem. The doctors would be expecting feedback on how it works which would be too hard to fake.

Diapers are prescribed when the patient requires diapers. This means they are already demonstrating a need to wear them, likely 24/7. Academically speaking, a person would have to perfectly mimic an incontinent person and not appear excited to get a diaper prescription. The person would need to appear eager to stop wearing diapers and find the medical solution. Faking this seems unlikely because the correct information required is missing.

Through all of the tests, questions, and conversations, the same story would be required. All of the details, facial expressions, attitudes, and responses would have to match a normal patient. There would have to be no signs of the patient giving false information. So much would be fake, this would be nearly impossible.

The likelihood of success is very low. So many details would have to be perfect.

Another question is how worthwhile would it be? We are talking numerous appointments. Numerous tests and images. These all take time. It would probably take 20-50 hours of a persons time before such a prescription would be considered. In this time, a person could earn money to buy better diapers that are actually worth using.

This idea is not a good academic exercise. A better idea would be to find ways to earn more money. Getting free diapers may sound good. Freely purchasing good diapers without fraud is good.

Just buy your diapers and look at the cost as expendable income, if you have no medical need and just wear and use for fun. tax deductions or insurance coverage do not apply in your case as its a want to wear Vers need to wear.

I think you new the answer to your question before you asked it :) since you enjoy wearing 24/7 carry on but remember the more you use your diaper the more likely you will start to Need a diaper as your bladder shrinks and you start to release with out warning.

I have been wearing 24/7 for 7 months for what started as an intermittent flooding (OAB) but now pee 10 to 15 times a day with little or no warning in my diaper. The more you wear and use the less control you will have.

Some people say they haven't lost any control but others have every one is different just be sure you are ok with the possibility of needing diapers in The future

You know there is one thing that everyone seems to forget when they talk about this topic. Its obvious that people understand that this is insurance fraud which can result in fines or imprisionmnt for the person. But everyone fails to realise that this would put the doctor who prescribed it in a compromised position. The doctor is ultimately responsible for making the decision for such things like this and that means if if it fraudulent then they also get fined/lose their medical licence/etc. I don't know about you but how would you feel to be the one responsible for taking the livelihood of someone away from them? Particularly in a profession where they have given up half their lifetime studying in order to get to where they are?

To me, that seems a bit cruel to expect someone to put their career on the line just so 'you' can get free diapers off the system (a system which is there to help people who really need it, not for people to scam free diapers off) [and i say you in a loose form meaning anyone wanting free diapers and trying to scam them].

This is the one thing that really annoys me here about this topic. That people are so one sided about it and looking at only what they will get but not realising the consequences of what it will do to other people. And please don't tell me that being a doctor means that you are rich, because i can tell you that isn't true. Especially when we start our career with close to $1million of debt from spending so much time studying/getting medical textbooks/equipment.

Lot of insurances don't cover diapers so families or IC people have to buy them themselves. I have heard of people getting diapers through the state but I think they are the minority and it's rare to get premium brand diapers from them.

noahVmiller said:
I don't think it works like that...the doctor doesn't prescribe "diapers." In fact in this day in age I wouldn't be surprised if he only prescribed medicine to curb the incontinence.

they do, they just perscribe the cheapest ones though like say attends without leak guards or stuff like preveil.

- - - Updated - - -

Tithonian said:
You might not have to commit fraud for this. Keep in mind that I'm not in any way a professional or expert on the matter, but what about a psychiatrist? You'd have to find one that is, at least to some degree, ABDL friendly. Explain to them that you're trying to understand your fetish and have a deeper connection to it without the risk of going off the rails, this may be possible. Over the counter drugs and supplies can absolutely be covered by insurance with a prescription, so why not diapers? Don't take any of this as any more than speculation, but it seems to be that it's entirely doable and legal.

Even in that case they'll just give you therapy to treat your dependence on it. It's far cheaper then them shelling out for premium diapers.

Well,

I know it is possible on the NHS, but they dont just hand them out (talked to a freind who is prescribed them, but she seriously needs them), they do a lot of thorough tests and such, some of which i dont believe to be the most comfortable and even can be painful from what i can gather, and by the time they did get around to prescribing them it will have been months, to maybe even more than a year.

Even then, i dont imagine there going to be much better quality than the cheap flimsy ones you can buy from a store, like boots.

I am pretty sure someone in ADISC did this ages ago, when i was still active often in the IRC. But it may have been somewhere else i heard about it with it being so long ago, chances are though you will end up with one of them bags tied to your leg as it's cheaper for them to do. Seriously, not worth all the time wasted and tests done when you probably wont even end up with diapers anyways unless you had a valid reason. (Im talking from telling them you only need them for urinary needs, bowel incontinence aswell there going to be more likely to prescribe them, thats why my freind has them, but there not proper ones, and when her bladder goes she will be getting a bag AS WELL, not proper proper diapers, just these weird things she uses. And it's harder to lie about).

Everyone has also forgotten about co-pays. Every time you see a doc or get a prescription you still have an out of pocket cost. The cost differs with the insurance plans. Seeing the doc and getting the tests done still adds up quick.

noahVmiller said:

Actually, if the person is 5 or older, and IC or untrained for medical reasons, they qualify for an Rx, especially if the IC would still exist even with meds, my sister for one. The criteria docs use in determining need for diapers or other IC products are:

They can't make it to the toilet on time.
They can't clean up the mess they make.
They can't afford the products they need.

The product that best fits the person's needs is then chosen. Is the person able to change himself or herself at all? Is the IC complete? If independent changes are impossible, and IC is complete, tab diapers.

If IC is complete, but independent changes are possible, if not for hand dexterity issues, then maybe something without tabs, but with booster pads.

Even if the IC is incomplete, if a lesser degree of protection presents a functional issue for the patient, ie. peel and stick pads shift to the point that they no longer give the right level of protection, and the patient's disability makes them hard to adjust, a higher level of protection maybe chosen.

Lemme tell you what mom did back home in Bama. I wanted to drop of the face of the earth! :blushie: My sis had her own script, but mom wanted extra, in case something happened. She told the doc I lost complete control often, and my disability made the doc inclined to believe her! :blushie: Once I realized what mom was trying to do to help sis, I let it happen, but until then, I almost burst into tears.

Now that we've moved, sis has her script, but mom decided sis has enough diapers without embarrassing the shit outa me anymore, praise Yahweh! I'm IC, but only enough to make it an asspain. Super sensitive about it and embarrassed. I suspect if I actually drank enough to be hydrated, it'd be worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back