I'm New To Wearing Nappies

Status
Not open for further replies.

INeedACuddle

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everybody :) Well I am really new to wearing Nappies, today I wore a Nappy and I wet my Nappy lots of times and just as I done a big wetting in my Nappy my family came home so I had to quickly take my Nappy off :( When I took my nappy off I pressed on the padding and noticed that if I kept pressing on my Nappy then all of the liquid would of came out from the padding of my Nappy. I just want to ask if I had my Nappy on for longer would my Nappy of absorbed all of the wetness? Like does the padding eventually go dry or was my Nappy full? It was just like a sponge, I pressed the wet padding and I could see lots of liquid trying to come out, would my Nappy of eventually absorbed all of the liquid? I'm so sorry with all of my heart everybody, Im just completely new to wearing Nappies and I don't know how they work, so if I left my Nappy for a while would my Nappy of kept absorbing all the liquid and if I tried to squeeze it and see the liquid come out of the padding would it of been absorbed? Like what happens to completely saturated Nappies? I'm so sorry everybody and thank you so much!!!

INeedACuddle said:
Hey everybody :) Well I am really new to wearing Nappies, today I wore a Nappy and I wet my Nappy lots of times and just as I done a big wetting in my Nappy my family came home so I had to quickly take my Nappy off :( When I took my nappy off I pressed on the padding and noticed that if I kept pressing on my Nappy then all of the liquid would of came out from the padding of my Nappy. I just want to ask if I had my Nappy on for longer would my Nappy of absorbed all of the wetness? Like does the padding eventually go dry or was my Nappy full? It was just like a sponge, I pressed the wet padding and I could see lots of liquid trying to come out, would my Nappy of eventually absorbed all of the liquid? I'm so sorry with all of my heart everybody, Im just completely new to wearing Nappies and I don't know how they work, so if I left my Nappy for a while would my Nappy of kept absorbing all the liquid and if I tried to squeeze it and see the liquid come out of the padding would it of been absorbed? Like what happens to completely saturated Nappies? I'm so sorry everybody and thank you so much!!!

No your nappy will eventually leak. By what you are saying, your nappy was on the verge of leaking. If you are wearing a disposable, they all have a wetness indicator on them. It's like dash lines down the centre of the nappy. When you wet the dash lines dissapear. Also the nappy swells. Generally speaking when your nappy reaches capacity it will start leaking in the crotch.
You will learn very quickly how much your nappy can take.

Sounds like to me your nappy was reaching critical mass, best to change before reaching catastrophic nappy failure. o-o

It depends. If the padding in the centre and rear of the diaper was still dry, then you probably flooded the diaper too quickly and it would gradually wick the moisture towards the back making it less soggy at the front. Otherwise, it was probably time to change anyway!

Nearly saturated diapers can behave differently depending on the type of padding used. Sometimes pressing the padding (or sitting down) will squeeze moisture out very easily, causing leaks. Other diapers lock the moisture away better so moisture isn't squeezed out quite so easily when you sit down. Some diapers absorb and lock away wetness very quickly, others take longer. But diapers don't really "dry out" over time unless you're so hot you're vaporising your pee into rain clouds!

Also, you have to consider the fit, both of the diaper size/shape/design in general AND how well you've taped on that particular diaper. Tape a diaper on badly or get a diaper that isn't a good fit for your body shape, and it will probably leak sooner than you were expecting.

The more you wear, try different taping techniques and experiment with different brands, you'll get to know when you can trust a diaper and when it's liable to leak at any moment. I propose you buy a selection of diapers and keep trying slightly different taping techniques and securing methods (onesie, underpants, duct tape, etc.) and conduct some experiments... just in the name of science... :)

Hey everybody :) Hey I am so sorry with all of my heart for the late reply :( I seriously just want to than everybody with all of my heart for their advice and knowledge etc :) I really wish I could show how much I appreciate it :(

I had some time alone today (my family were out) so I got to wear a Nappy and wet my Nappy:)

I think I am slowly starting to realise when a Nappy is full, I personally think that when I have wet my Nappy lots of times, my Nappy goes all squishy (giggles) all of my Nappy feels really squishy, like today I wet my Nappy lots of times and I decided to take my Nappy off when my family were due home and when it felt really heavy, full and squishy (giggles) I just want to thank everybody and give you all nice big cuddles, I had my Nappy wetting time today and really can't wait for next time :) I am about to put a dry Soft Nappy on and just enjoy the softness and comfort in my bed for a while whilst cuddling my big soft teddy bear :) Thank you so much with all of my heart everybody :) x x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back