Causes Of Nappies Splitting In Back Part

Status
Not open for further replies.

INeedACuddle

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey good morning everyone, I hope you are all well, As you know I don't get to wear often but I must of worn around 20 Nappies since I finally started having the confidence to order myself some due to wanting to wear so much.

I keep having some Nappies split in the back! It has happened around three times now, I put my Nappy on lying down which is extremely difficult, stand up to adjust the tapes and then my Nappy splits in the back :(

May I please ask if any of you know where I could be going wrong? It has only happened to 3 out of all the same brand Nappies I wear it's just so upsetting when I finally get time to wear a Nappy and then it just splits as soon as I put it on.

I can't work out how some have split but all the others I have put on have been ok, maybe I have put on weight or its happening when im taping up lying down, I am just unsure.

Thank you :(

I have had many split over the years sorry to say. Get yourself some packing tape and when you have nappies that are prone to it check them and pre emtively put some tape across that spot.

I think it's caused by melted spots or something like that and that spot will start to give way with some movement.

From my experience Molicare were the absolute worst offender for a large gap opening up and pouring fluff pulp and gel into my bed or onto the floor.

What brand are you using?

Argent said:
I have had many split over the years sorry to say. Get yourself some packing tape and when you have nappies that are prone to it check them and pre emtively put some tape across that spot.

I think it's caused by melted spots or something like that and that spot will start to give way with some movement.

From my experience Molicare were the absolute worst offender for a large gap opening up and pouring fluff pulp and gel into my bed or onto the floor.

What brand are you using?

Hi Argent thank you for replying :) Sorry that's exactly what I was trying to say but couldn't think of how to explain it properly, ("large gap opening up and pouring fluff pulp and gel into my bed") What do you mean by melting spots buddy? I use Cuddlz Nappies which are apparently Bambinos? I would love to try others it's just I live with parents and I am only confident enough to order from Cuddlz as they are delivered by Royal Mail and getting confidence to order other Nappies is hard to explain why I can't.

Also aswell do you think my Nappy could of been stretched or just worn out? I have to be very careful on when I decide to wet them as our rubbish only gets collected once every 2 weeks and the Nappy I decided to wet yesterday I had been just wearing it without taping up and then taking it off, rolling it up, hiding it away etc, Ahhh I just want some proper personal Nappy time! :(

If you find the plastic has split and the pulp inside has a broken earth look to it I think you will find the same thing as me, at some point in the manufacturing process it appears that splot has been exposed to extreme heat weakening the plastic and over cooking the fluff pulp.

You probably need to check multiple diapers on the same spot and may find the plastic there has a different consistency (I certainly did with all of my faulty batches over the years.)

A strip of clear packing tape on that spot stopped it happening for me.

Had the problem with lots of Tena Slip now I remember as well but they were melted spots, packing tape kept them waterproof as well.

Pre emptivly fix you faulty products and don't let it ruin the experience for you... Sorry it happened so early... nappies are wonderful but their is always an element of them being a messy business.

Argent said:
If you find the plastic has split and the pulp inside has a broken earth look to it I think you will find the same thing as me, at some point in the manufacturing process it appears that splot has been exposed to extreme heat weakening the plastic and over cooking the fluff pulp.

You probably need to check multiple diapers on the same spot and may find the plastic there has a different consistency (I certainly did with all of my faulty batches over the years.)

A strip of clear packing tape on that spot stopped it happening for me.

Had the problem with lots of Tena Slip now I remember as well but they were melted spots, packing tape kept them waterproof as well.

Pre emptivly fix you faulty products and don't let it ruin the experience for you... Sorry it happened so early... nappies are wonderful but their is always an element of them being a messy business.

Wow that's very interesting, so the pack of Nappies I am on at the moment could just be a faulty manufactured batch? I have 4 left and 2 packs of 10 still completely wrapped up in postal packaging haha :) Sorry to keep rambling on but in regards to you saying where they get exposed to extreme heat will my other Nappies be ok although they may got hot being wrapped up in packaging etc or is it just down to where they have been manufactured in extreme heat that has made them faulty and non faulty Nappies will be ok even if they do get hot? (Sorry I hope that makes sense and sorry to confuse you :( )

Also in regards to checking the plastic I think I know what you mean, I guess I just got to look carefully and compare them to my other Nappies?

Another thing I have just noticed now, I remember my last pack of Nappies having like a Diamond shaped pattern to the padding? Like if you look at the padding inside the nappy it had all symmetrical diamond shaped patterns, now on the pack now the padding does not have all the diamond shaped bits, the padding just looks smooth, I hope I make sense

Thank you so much Argent

It's worth noting that this will happen a lot more frequently if you are on the top limits of the sizing range. Might be worth trying a sample of the next size up and see if they work for you. That was the solution for me!

Sorry I have found some pictures to explain the Diamond Shaped padding I am talking about, now I only wear Cuddlz so my Nappies should all be exactly the same, however some I have worn have the diamond shaped padding and the pack I am on now seem to be missing the diamond shaped padding, so maybe a faulty batch after all?

- - - Updated - - -

SuperTed said:
It's worth noting that this will happen a lot more frequently if you are on the top limits of the sizing range. Might be worth trying a sample of the next size up and see if they work for you. That was the solution for me!

Hey Ted :) Maybe my butt is too big then haha, Ahh the joys of being a Nappy Noob with all my annoying questions, I have seen so many pictures where it looks like people have them taped really tight and the Nappy would split but maybe my butt is simply putting too much pressure and therefore making it split, it's strange tho as so many pictures I have seen where they are tight on the butt, it looks as if they would bend over or something then the Nappy would split, I am so confused lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 92
I have never had this happen to me.
Are you a bigger person or is your body mass shifting due to putting the diaper on laying down, verses how it would fit standing up?

I've had this happen several times over the years as well. One thing to remember is that when you lie down, there really isn't that much stress on the diaper compared to when you sit up and it has to stretch across your backside. Not taping them as tight when laying down has certainly helped me avoid this, but I still do have it happen from time to time.

I have had problems with the tapes on the diaper breaking because they were not glued correctly in the factory, but I do not recall ever having a diaper split open. I used molicare quite a long time for awhile, and bad tapes were an issue in some batches.

The best way to check if you have the same problem I had is to put the packing tape on where the other ones split, if you then find they split somewhere else their is a chance you have them too tight.... Mind you in my decades of experience I think if they are too tight you are more likely to tear the nappy at the tabs and will likely find extremely sore cut marks around your legs and or tummy.

I would agree with the bottom tapes being too tight. Also, tape the lowers around your legs, not toward each other in front. They're there to seal around your legs. The top tapes keep them on your hips

Also, make sure your clothing isn't contributing to the problem. Some pants (esp some jeans) have a really abrasive crotch seam that can act like a saw while you walk, scarring and weakening the plastic in exactly the place you are getting the split. Regardless of what's actually leading to the split, it's almost certainly happening at the weakest location, where the crotch of your clothing has at least marked it. In that case, wearing cotton boxers over your diaper may help protect it from damage.

I have had some split right up the butt. The only ones that have split on me were Unique Wellness Superio. I don't use that brand anymore.

Hey thank you all so much for all your advice etc, my Nappies only have 2 tapes, just one on each side and I usually just wear nothing but a Nappy when I do get some time to wear when I know nobody is going to come home for a while. I will try all what you have suggested to me, I am hoping they are a faulty batch, I just can't work out how from all the pictures I have seen the Nappies look so tight in the back area and how on earth they do not split lol, maybe it is just my luck they split on me and not others?

Anyway thank you all so much, just wish I had enough privacy to properly enjoy them and try different methods instead of rushing to tape them up etc, I suffer from extreme Anxiety so I do live with parents but I am hoping I can get myself out of it and get some real privacy one day

I've never had that problem with splitting. Perhaps you're taping them too tight? I know it's nearly impossible to get a good fit with two taped diapers. That's why I don't jump to get SDK or Cushies, 4 tapes are made with adult bodies in mind. Top tapes are to hold above waist and lower tapes are for holding above hips. You don't have to tighten them as much to get a good fit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

now that makes sense i had company's say i was the only one saying that ,
i had m4 do this with various cases , also bambinos and as of recent rearz i swear it is not just me ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back