Not open for further replies.

babyboyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Has anyone else had problems with the sickyness of the tapes ? lots of mornings I wake up and there loose or the bottom one sometimes ones are stuck to my leg n stuff . ive never really had this problem before ,is it just me??????

WOW !!!! Maybe this place isn't what I thought it was ...... I ask a honest Question and get nothing ? but asking what direction your junk points gets like 50 replies . please forgive me tho, I don't mean to single anyone out and what they post but really ???? just thought id even get a no you are the only one and must be doing it wrong or something . Im a super newbie here so I don't want to come off this way but I feel a little not sure about staying to be honest ....

Chill, I don't even log in every day. Sometimes I've a little problem with them grabbing initially, but got better at "massaging" the tapes down. I always had the problem with the upper tapes, probably because of how snug I get them. So I started using a mylar tape over them after I get them set. Especially if I'm going to be changing back at home, because it takes a knife to cut the extra tape.

BTW welcome to the forum.

Also don't forget this is an international site ! my self I come from UK , some come from down under , most from USA so time zones are all screwed up

It's not just you. It's been a fairly common complaint with an otherwise excellent diaper.

They are releasing a new version with new improved tape the old tape is blue and they changed the color to green in the new ones so you can early tell the versions. Will probably tsk a couple of month for the stock to change at the distributors. Saw a video of some one who was sent early samples

You could contact 24/7 to complain they may ship you a few of the new ones to try

babyboyd said:
WOW !!!! Maybe this place isn't what I thought it was ...... I ask a honest Question and get nothing ? but asking what direction your junk points gets like 50 replies . please forgive me tho, I don't mean to single anyone out and what they post but really ???? just thought id even get a no you are the only one and must be doing it wrong or something . Im a super newbie here so I don't want to come off this way but I feel a little not sure about staying to be honest ....

Also note not every one has tried dry 24/7 diapers, so it does add time to how long till people who have, reply.

ok yes I may have over reacted lol , im glad its not just me then im quite experienced I wear a lot and have for over 20 years, thanks

babyboyd said:
ok yes I may have over reacted lol , im glad its not just me then im quite experienced I wear a lot and have for over 20 years, thanks

I'm sorry I couldn't help you but I wear cloth. I saw your post and wondered when you would get an answer. I think you asked on a slow night because I also noticed there were several new member introduction threads that didn't get responses. I responded to a couple of them because we do want to be a warm and welcoming group. Some nights are just slower than others, especially Saturdays. Anyway, I'm glad you got some good answers and all is well.

thanks dogboy I appreciate it and I am too, ive tried to get involved her and its a little strange to me talking to others still . ive interacted more in the past week more then I have in my 30+ years of my diapered life , and I thank the others too as well

Just saw your post and want to tell you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Yesterday I wore my last Dry24/7 sample and had to break out the packing tape to keep the diaper on. I cannot get the tapes to stick no matter what I do and massaging the tapes does not help!

I had hoped to make a final decision on ordering a case of the "new & improved" Dry24/7 but am still undecided . The new ones have "improved" tapes but the plastic backing is thinner and so is the padding (I'm ok with thinner padding, not the backing). All they had to do was improve the tapes or add a taping pannel but they couldn't stop there, why? Should I spend $100 on a gamble? I'd like to believe they care and really did make them better but I think about all the other diapers that have been "improved" over the years.

well Munky that makes me sad to hear they're gonna change them , but for the tapes they ere almost perfect if not for the leaks from the tapes :( why cant they just ask the people like us that can and give them real feed back not some nurse ore some RnD person who has no idea how they work

- - - Updated - - -

I pay $150 a case in Canada , not sure its worth it if there different and not as good ,

I have stated in several posts on this site that the tapes have been popping on me. With some of the popping I have noticed distortion of the plastic backing, so news of a thinner plastic backing is not good. I have complained to Dave about this issue on more than one occasion. He responded the first time, but not since.

At this point since NS is not currently planning to market a medium-large (I called), I will probably purchase Bellissimos, though I am not partial to the front panel art. :sad:

ya Kenn its a shame cause I've really grown to like them I got my first case a few months ago and when I found them online I was super happy they were perfect and what I always wanted in a diaper " plain white thick and plastic" . I have always been curious of all the printed panel ones but was to scared to buy them for fear of getting ripped off , years ago I ordered a clothe printed diaper with printed plastic pants that never came . so any input on whats best would be great perhaps i'll order some

I had the same problem when I started wearing dry24/7. Pinch the tapes in half after applying and hold them for a few seconds to help activate the glue. I haven't had any problems since.

im gonna try that in about 5 minutes!!! lol thanks!

I still haven't tried them, the cost was always too high even for samples for me to even try them out. I hesitate to even buy Tena Slip Maxi, which are still cheaper and I know I love them. If they were in line with the cost of Abena M4s or Northshore Care Supremes, it would be a lot more tempting for folks. I'm just now ordering a sample of the large and mediums since its probably one of the last premium plastic backed diapers in the US that I haven't tried yet. If they still have the sale when I finally get to test them, I might consider buying a case. At their current sale price, its a lot more worth it, but I bet the sale is to get rid of the old stock with the previous tapes.

Weeinmypants said:
I had the same problem when I started wearing dry24/7. Pinch the tapes in half after applying and hold them for a few seconds to help activate the glue. I haven't had any problems since.

I pressed the end of my fingernail sliding back and forth several times over the entire contact area of the tape. That should be more than sufficient to activate the tape (unless body heat is required). I have not had a problem with the last quarter of the bag, so the product seems to be inconsistent.

I usually wear a Bambino diaper to bed every night, but decided to try my first 24/7 last night. (has blue tapes) Woke up this morning and it worked great, no leaks and all the tapes still secure.

I'm just waking up this morning in a fairly damp comfidry, I'd say these are my favorite overnight diaper. Excellent capacity, comfortable fit, rarely leaks. But diapers that have both front and rear elastic (bambino, fabine, and comfidry are really the only three) all have that same issue. What it boils down to is don't tape too tight. Let the elastic do its job. Any diaper tape is going to have to endure occasional hard tugging when you move around. It's the continuous stress that will slowly pull a tape until it pops.

Dial back your taping position about 1/2" on all four tapes and see how that works out for you. It'll feel a little looser, that's normal for a diaper with all-around elastic. I find mine have a pretty small window between "too tight" and "too loose" for this reason. You have to pay a lot more attention to where you're landing the tapes if you want a snug fit that doesn't pop the tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back