able to create a new diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerguru

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Just for kicks If you was able to create a new adult diaper what would you do to make it the greatest diaper on the market?

I would make an exact clone of today's pampers baby dry just larger to fit me. Every measurement would be proportional to the original.

I'd love to see something like a downgraded version of the products ABU, Tykables, Bambino make. Having a fun, thick, ultra super absorbent diaper that can last 6+ hours and multiple wettings is great fun, but not practical and functional, not to mention expensive. If there was a decent diaper, above the level of cheap medical grade crap, but not premium level at a respectable cost, that would hit a sweet spot. For me, and I'd guess others, part of the fun and enjoyment is the diaper change. When you've got a diaper that can stand up to 8+ hours of use, you're either changing out of it before its even close to maxed out, or wearing it longer then you'd like.

I would give it the Luvs scent, and bring back the Barney designs on the the front. Giving it two tabs as well.

BabyCorry said:
I'd love to see something like a downgraded version of the products ABU, Tykables, Bambino make. Having a fun, thick, ultra super absorbent diaper that can last 6+ hours and multiple wettings is great fun, but not practical and functional, not to mention expensive. If there was a decent diaper, above the level of cheap medical grade crap, but not premium level at a respectable cost, that would hit a sweet spot.

Add your voice to the chorus, there's a number of us asking for that already. IMHO the only one of those we've ever gotten was the original snuggies waddlers. And those are discontinued, with only vague suggestions of a replacement in the works at some point in the future.... :(

I would have diapers that are more preprotional to my size and a slightly more absorbant and cheap to get like in supermarkets. I am happy with my current diapers as they are not shockingly unfitting, they fit enough for looks but if I could wear them without modding them then they would be perfect!

BabyCorry said:
I'd love to see something like a downgraded version of the products ABU, Tykables, Bambino make. Having a fun, thick, ultra super absorbent diaper that can last 6+ hours and multiple wettings is great fun, but not practical and functional, not to mention expensive. If there was a decent diaper, above the level of cheap medical grade crap, but not premium level at a respectable cost, that would hit a sweet spot. For me, and I'd guess others, part of the fun and enjoyment is the diaper change. When you've got a diaper that can stand up to 8+ hours of use, you're either changing out of it before its even close to maxed out, or wearing it longer then you'd like.

Just trying to understand, what’s the issue with medical diapers? Specifically I’m thinking of 24/7, Abena M4 & Northshore Supreme.

WBxx said:
Just trying to understand, what’s the issue with medical diapers? Specifically I’m thinking of 24/7, Abena M4 & Northshore Supreme.

For me the dry 24/7 took one good soaking then clumped up it was uncomfortable when wet. It was a waste of diaper. And too expensive.

There is nothing wrong with dry 24/7 or abena (other than no longer having plastic backed). I haven't tried northshore. They all fit their own niche. What I, and many others are looking for is something between those, ABU, Tykeables, and other top of the line, top of the PRICE diapers, and the cheap store brand or low grade medical diapers. I currently use molicare comfort plus slips because they are the closest thing to that. Tena basic slips were just about perfect in that regard, but they are no more.

Think about it like this. Some people only want a low end car they can drive until it breaks down. Some want a $50,000 plus luxury car, not because they need it, but they can afford it and its nice. Then there are those of us in the middle. Just give us something middle of the road, practical, and affordable compared to the quality delivered.

My diaper would be designed for night use:

I'd make a disposable diaper that had padding all the way round - including the sides for wearing at night.

It would also have a waist band where the padding stops.

It would have something that allowed free movement of male parts up to a point - but stopped them getting too high so they leak over the top.

I would make a line of diapers for multiple capacities. One similar to Tena Maxi, one like ABU premium diapers, then one with rediculous thickness/capacity.

The Mid-grade diaper would have all the necessary features about 3500ml. They would be the discrete option. They would feature a strong plastic backing that has crinkle but quiet under clothing and taping panel.

The Premium diaper would feature a taller, more functional double leak guard with extra padding between them. They would also feature padding through the whole diaper, eliminating dead space. It would go in to the wings, front wings that would feature a longer wing that reaches the back half of diaper. Plastic lining would stop on the side but the padding would continue into the back half of the diaper with a little adhesive to make sure padding doesn't move and resist the pads ability to slip out, giving aid to side sleepers. The leg gatherers would be extra strong to give good snugness. They would also feature a strong crinkle loud enough to be heard under clothing, not too loud, loud enough to hear it yourself, the perfect crinkle. Capacity would be around 6000ml because of the extra padding in the wings. This diaper would feature 3 tapes per side.

The rediculous diaper would be something revolutionary. It would easily last 24 hours. The diaper would fit ideally over the stomach up to the chest. The legs holes would be slightly forward to make walking difficult to encourage crawling and waddling. The features stated in the premium diaper would be applied as well.

All three diapers will have thoroughly scented padding that features antibacterial material and a double lining which acts as a pocket to add stuffers without compromising the leak guards and keep the booster pads from moving around. The padding would contain cotton particles to help distribute wetness into the rest of the diaper. The packs would feature either all white with colored leak guards. Outer leak guard would be light blue and inner will be pink. Printed packs would feature different prints and colors.

What do you guys think?

I too would like to see a everyday nappy, one that isn't like wearing a big pillow between your legs, as much as nappies like ABU, Rearz etc... Are good with their designs, I wish they weren't so thick, they need to make a nappy that have a fair absorbency, 3-4000ml seems more than enough. That doesn't cost earth either.
I would love to see a nappy that were the designs of the 80s, like Pampers or Huggies, Luvs, plastic backed, really crinkly.
I'd be a very happy boy.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
The rediculous diaper would be something revolutionary. It would easily last 24 hours. The diaper would fit ideally over the stomach up to the chest. The legs holes would be slightly forward to make walking difficult to encourage crawling and waddling. The features stated in the premium diaper would be applied as well.

This is pretty much the diaper I've been hoping for.

For me, I would take the Bambino Bellisimo or the ABU LittlePawz, and make the padding an actual hourglass shape. More and more the padding is closer to a rectangle. I need the side padding on the flaps for side wetting when lying in bed. I would also make the padding go up higher toward the belly button instead of having all of the empty space that exists there these days.

The capacity is perfect already when sitting, though. I understand wanting less padding, but for 24/7 use, it's great that I can wear one of these basically all day long with no changes. Very cost efficient at $2 a diaper compared to a $1.60 diaper I have to change every 4-6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back