space diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draventhedark

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Are the space diapers really worth the money? I see a lot of folks talk about them and like them but are they that much better then say M4's? I've been looking at them and wanting to get some but just can't see myself spending that much on 1 pack of diapers. It's 20 dollars less then a full case of M4's that I normally wear. What are the deal breakers about them? Are they really thick? I see they are real absorbent but do they wick really well? Do they give you a waddle effect? I told my wife about them and she thinks the aliens disappearing when wet is awesome and would like to see it but I didn't tell her how much they was. Just trying to get honest opinions on them before I endulge into something like this.
I got the DC armor ones cause she wanted to make me wear a pink diaper and honestly I was a little disappointed in the amount spent on them and the fact I leaked in almost everyone of them without flooding them.
Thanks in advance for your opinions and thoughts.

Well. I have the simples...which are the same only white. Been in them all weekend..no leaks. They fit nice and super loud! I love them. Certainly worth it!#

Thick? Oh, yes. The only thing I've come across that's thicker is the late, lamented Comficare 10. I'm not sure about wicking - I haven't noticed a problem, but the sheer absorbency of the Space tends to compensate unless you flood massively. It's certainly the best nappy I've ever tried. I could wax rhapsodic for an hour on Space/Little Pawz/Simple, but there's more than enough already been said. The M4 is still a pretty good nappy, but its glory days are in the past, since Abena have been forced to compromise on design and materials to maintain a competitive price-point for the medical industry. AB/DL nappies don't have that problem.

As for the price - you have to remember that there really is no such thing as free shipping. It's included in the price, and pretty much the same regardless of volume (within reason) which massively pumps up the cost of a single pack. It's far more cost-effective to buy by the case or half-case. If I were you, I'd get a two-nappy sample pack rather than a full pack, and if you like them, buy in greater volume. Don't order by the pack - there's no reason to do so unless there's no other way to get a sample.

I'll put it this way: they're lightyears better than even Bambino Bellisimos. The overall quality is top-notch, including a coating on the interior plastic so it doesn't irritate your skin. I can't go back to Bellisimos.

Order a case. Really. They are that good, and the price is much cheaper by the case.

I still have many Bellisimos sitting here unworn because I have Space diapers. I also have some Rearz Safari and Spoileds that get passed up for my Space diapers.

You'll soon forget all about M4s once you tried them. :eek:

I'll chime in here, even though I won't really add much:
Between Space and Abena, there really is no comparison. Better looking, thicker, more absorbent, softer, comfier, easier to remove and put back on, padding doesn't bulk when walking around, and just much better quality all around.
I can go on, but its simply better in nearly every way, except price per unit. But pound for pound, it's more valuable, in my opinion, to get the Space/simple.
The only reason I have any Abena is because of that ludicrous BOGO deal a few months back. Totally worth it, then, as <$60 bucks got me 84 M4's :p
Otherwise, Space all the way, baby.

Are these the space diapers from ABU? I'd never heard of them till now. Might buy some when I run out. I've yet to find an "ideal diaper". I personally want a really bulky one that I can wear all day, and that forces me to waddle a bit. These seem like they might be a step towards that.

SurfinBeachBum said:
Are these the space diapers from ABU? I'd never heard of them till now. Might buy some when I run out. I've yet to find an "ideal diaper". I personally want a really bulky one that I can wear all day, and that forces me to waddle a bit. These seem like they might be a step towards that.

Where you been hiding they've been out 6 months

Not to highjack the thread, but how are these compared to Tykables?

parcelboy2 said:
Where you been hiding they've been out 6 months

I just turned 18, and rejoined Adisc after quite a few years. Otherwise I haven't been a part of the community for awhile. And it never popped up in Google when I was just looking for new stuff.

DarkBabyMagicain said:
Not to highjack the thread, but how are these compared to Tykables?

I assume you are comparing paws/simple/space to tykables waddler overnights. The waddler is about 2/3 the thickness of the space when dry, has a narrower crotch, is shorter (height in the front when worn), and lower capacity. You are also much less likely to successfully move a tape on a waddler - after about an hour you'll tear the shell or separate the tape from the elastic if you try to move them. IIRC waddlers are also cheaper. ($1.65 vs $2?) Both are available in all white. (waddler basic vs abu simple)

I ordered either 2 20 packs or 2 40 packs I don't remember not home right now of the super dry kids then got a sample of the alien ones and the animal ones. I'd have to say they are hands down the best I've ever worn. If your looking for a diaper that has babyish style print and one that you can virtually wear all day. I want to say I wet 4 times before I changed myself and I just did that because I didn't want to be wet anymore. The prints are really cool and fade when you've wet. They are expensive however but I do recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back