Need Help/ Thin Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedPunkDante

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm getting back into being a DL and I'm looking for some new Brands to try. I tried the New ABU Space and I really like them, but they are also really thick. Can anyone suggest some thinner brands?

Tykables Overnights are very affordable, thin, have excellent quality control, and can hold up over very long periods of time. I consider them to be the most practical choice for day to day wear.

Awesome I'll check them out thanks!

I'm trying out an ID Slip PE from XP Medical... Theyre pretty thin, but they feel really compact imho. They also don't have elastic around the waist. But because of this, they're reeealy cheap, and comparable to the old tena slip maxi, the previous king of thin and really absorbent diapers. Theyre all white minus a thin wetness indicator that goes down the middle.
Another I would recommend is Bambino's Teddy/Classico/Bianco. They are more expensive than the ID and cheaper than the ABU Simple/Little Pawz/Space. But they have a very similar shell to the ABU line I mentioned, just thinner. Idk the mileage of the ID, but I get a good 5-6 hours of normal use from the Bambinos.

OhHeyThere said:
I'm trying out an ID Slip PE from XP Medical... Theyre pretty thin, but they feel really compact imho. They also don't have elastic around the waist. But because of this, they're reeealy cheap, and comparable to the old tena slip maxi, the previous king of thin and really absorbent diapers. Theyre all white minus a thin wetness indicator that goes down the middle.
Another I would recommend is Bambino's Teddy/Classico/Bianco. They are more expensive than the ID and cheaper than the ABU Simple/Little Pawz/Space. But they have a very similar shell to the ABU line I mentioned, just thinner. Idk the mileage of the ID, but I get a good 5-6 hours of normal use from the Bambinos.

Bambinos may be thinner than ABU Space/Paws/Simple or the high end Rearz diapers, I don't see how they'd be construed as a thin diaper.

Unfortunately, this area is currently underserved in ABDL diapers. I was a largely satisfied Depends Protection with Tabs customer until they went to clothlike covers. Those are thinner and lower capacity than most ABDLs care for, so I'd suggest looking for something a little better.

Attends Waistband are thin and the plastic is nice but they have no standing leak guards and the padding clumps up very quickly. Capacity is roughly the same as Depends Protection with Tabs.

Tranquility ATNs are a bit thicker, still decently priced, and have a nice plastic shell. They also clump when wet but not nearly as bad as Attends.

Northshore Supreme Light Briefs are the best of the thinner diapers I've tried lately. They are surprisingly high capacity for their profile. My only complaint is that they're pretty stiff.

Unique Wellness Superios were pretty good last time I tried them. They start out thin and puff up when wet, holding quite a bit. They're on the expensive side for what they are and I didn't really care for the feel of the plastic, which is a major concern for me.

Tykabkes Overnights are also worth mentioning. They start out pretty thin but puff up considerably when wet. I've seen them split vertically a bit too often to consider them reliable. I'm sure that can be mitigated by looser taping but all the above diapers will endure that and I like them snug.

Wellness Briefs used to be my favorite thin diaper but they went cheap on the plastic till it tore and the company admitted to a problem with pinhole leaks and doesn't recommend them for active wear. I've read somewhere they are making changes, but their site still has the same warning as before.

If you're okay with clothlike covers, you might look into Abena level 2 or 3 rather than 4s. The 4s can still be found plastic backed in the US, but 2s and 3s have gone to clothlike covers, which was a real letdown for me after the fact. I had an old bag of Abena M2s and found them to be an outstanding replacement for Depends in my daily wear. Gone now :(

I really appreciate the new TENA slip maxi (can't quite remember the name right now) with plastic backing (they had discontinued it for a while) great capacity and super thin!

They call the real plastic backed ones "Active Fit" now.
Although I wouldn't consider Maxi super thin, even while dry. Only compared to the >4l monsters out there.

I haven't seen molicare mentioned yet. They aren't the thinnest diapers, but unlike a lot of thin diapers, they don't swell much when wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back