Diaper padding all the way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Imagine a disposable diaper with padding that extends all the way around your waist/hips.
Has anyone else wanted something like this? Would you pay a premium for something like that, even though it's practically just a novelty at that point?
I know cloth diapers pretty much do this, but no matter how many times I wash mine, it just doesn't have that soft cottony feeling I love that disposables have.

Would be great for side sleepers.

I think about that too!!! I think it would be awesome but certainly not as discrete to try to wear in public. .. but the full feel you would get!!! I'd totally buy it!!! =^-^=

LittleICme said:
Would be great for side sleepers.

This was my thought exactly. I'd get atleast a sampler for this reason!

I have always thought about the same thing. I suppose cloth diapers are similar to this though when you think about it.

As a side sleeper that leaks every night I would truly anything to stop this and get a better sleep

There are some diapers where the padding very nearly goes all the way around the waist, especially if you have a small waist and are using a larger-size diaper. I'm not sure how much of a difference the few extra inches of padding would make for side sleepers. Tall leak guards and snug leg gathers would probably make more of a difference than anything, and pointing down if you're a male.

yeah disposables just aren't going to be very reliable for side-sleepers, you really need to go cloth if you need to be able to wet on your side.

I realize that, but I'm merely speaking for the novelty of it. I've tried to emulate this sort of diaper in my youth, when I would nick some pads and stick them all into a high-waisted panty, trying to get that thick, fluffy feeling all around. Seems silly to type it out, but I worked with what I had back then. xD

As a side and stomach sleeper, I would love this. I think designing one specifically for night/sleep use, with no bulk concerns would be the thought process for me at least. No matter how much I have tried to wrap larger sized diapers, it just does not work for too long (not to mention it can be uncomfortable to wear). I am just not a cloth person, mostly for reasons of having to wash them and the overall feel.

I've said this several times. Somebody PLEASE make this diaper!!! I use Northshore Large booster pads on each side currently since I can only sleep on my side. I do occasionally have a leak anyway, but it's a decent solution. I sometimes wake up before I go, so I can lay on my back for a minute. But when I wake up and the diaper failed, I know I definitely went in my sleep. I don't use cloth diapers and really don't want to.

Y'know, you can change how you sleep. Try sleeping for awhile every night on your back, even if you don't sleep as well. Do it for a few hours when you first go to bed, then switch to whatever position works better for you and get some good rest. See if you can retrain your body to fall asleep in a more convenient position. Even if only for part of the night.

bambinod said:
Y'know, you can change how you sleep. Try sleeping for awhile every night on your back, even if you don't sleep as well. Do it for a few hours when you first go to bed, then switch to whatever position works better for you and get some good rest. See if you can retrain your body to fall asleep in a more convenient position. Even if only for part of the night.

If I did this, either my wife would leave me (literly sleep elsewhere) or give me the boot out of the room. Back sleepers encourage snoring. If you tend to snore (and I do), you must teach yourself to side sleep, which I have. I have even gone to asleep study clinic and they agree, thankfully I do not have sleep apnea, just a tendency to snore. So sleeping on my back is a big no no.

I find that if I have the right amount of absorbency in a diaper that I do not leak even when sleeping on my side. When I was using the cheaper not as well made diapers side leaking was horrible. But when I use diapers such as the dry 24/7 I never have leaking when I sleep on my side. I am kinda an all over sleeper. I have had to teach myself to sleep on my back because of a back issue that is made worse by sleeping on my side or stomach. But I do still move around and usually wake up on my stomach.

I have been in cloth diapers for about a year now. I make my own so I have really designed what I think is one of the best. I have tried a lot of them so I know what needed to be changed. But I find that with my pocket diapers that there is no need for padding on the side. Because I have the right absorbency in the fabrics it is soaked up before it has much of a chance to travel. I had the same thing with the dry 24/7.

If some one is leaking every night I always recommend trying a different diaper or putting it on differently or something of the sort. Another point I want to make about padding all the way around it this. you still have a plastic shell right? Well you have to overlap the wings at some point and by do that you kinda cancel out the effect of the padding all the way around. Say you are laying on your side and pee goes down you side from the back. As soon as it hits that padding overlapped by the other wing that plastic is going to cause the excess pee to run out along that plastic. Now if the padding was all the way to the ends in the front and not the back that maybe could work.

Basically the pull-on or tape on type of diaper have all the absorbent material centered in the crotch.
With cloth diapers the absorbent material while maybe bulked toward the crotch is everywhere the diaper is.
Never the less having an all around plastic moisture proof diaper cover is imperative for the heavy wetter.
In the whatever position one is prone to be in - urine seeks its own gravity level.

Would be great for airplane travel. Yes side-sleepers are the best market for this but when I travel overseas and use a standard disposable with my plastic underpants I have to be careful and only release small quantities (if intentional to take the edge off after 7 hours) so it has time to absorb. Full unloading means leakage; maybe this side absorbency would help some more.

bambinod said:

Definitely have sleep apnea and plenty of snoring for which my wife torments me into a fetal position where I snore the least. Even if she weren't waking me up to roll over, I would wake up a lot. I should have a CPAP I suppose, but haven't done it. I do like sleeping on my back and except for the snoring, it doesn't hurt me. I can't sleep on my stomach at all because of neck problems. I also have to drink at least 32 ounces of water in the hour before bed to lessen the chance that I'll wake up with a bad headache. Yes, I know, I have problems....

If you know you have sleep apnea, for the love of god, get onto a CPAP or BIPAP machine.
Your standard of living will increase for the better, it will likely reduce the headaches, and not harass the wife.

PM me if you want to discuss further :)

Give me a medium sized diaper and I can wear it all the way around haha :p they're huge on me ! Anyway that actually would be great a little bit more of padding at the sides and better leak guards at the top would be nice.

maybe just go one size big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back