Not open for further replies.

CinnaSwirls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So, I've made a great introduction, and then I suddenly reply, exclusively, for all the time I've been here. After that well received introduction I hope this next thread isn't a disappointment!

First thing I'll mention is, I don't exactly have a week off. I don't have any time off, in fact. However, my job doesn't involve much movement, boxes come down a belt and a send some of them down two chutes. And I've been wearing every day at work for two weeks now.

Wearing diapers 24/7 for a week just seems like a fun challenge. Other than job interviews, showering, and #2, I'd wear them for the full week.

My question is, is there anything I need to be aware of? Any consequence that might arise?

Remember this.... You probably smell like pee. You just don't think you smell like pee because you're used to the smell of your pee. But people can smell it. Either maintain a 3 foot rule or change often and drink a lot

PetPuppyAlex said:
Remember this.... You probably smell like pee. You just don't think you smell like pee because you're used to the smell of your pee. But people can smell it. Either maintain a 3 foot rule or change often and drink a lot
Very true. I am incontinent and dependant on nappies. My wife says I do smell slightly of pee most of the time now but so do the incontinent residents she looks after at her care home. She lets me know if it is a bit strong.

Change often or you might get a very uncomfortable diaper rash.

agreed with the small smell issues. Though I have found that staying hydrated and especially using powder helps a LOT (cream obviously too but I find it to be a little bothersome).
you should not really experience any rash issues unless your skin is super sensitive if you limit your usage to #1 either. Good luck :) I've done it before and I find it a really nice period of time to get an idea of what a real 24/7 lifestyle is like!

chuck said:
Change often or you might get a very uncomfortable diaper rash.
good advice! diaper rash totally sucks

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I always use powder and I asked my mother if I ever smelled like pee, apparently I don't. I'm about half a day in now, and it's a nice experience so far.

good job :) It'll be interesting to see how things go for you down the way. The first times I tried for a few consecutive days of 24/7 it got tough around day 3 so keep us posted :)

ST50 said:
Very true. I am incontinent and dependant on nappies. My wife says I do smell slightly of pee most of the time now but so do the incontinent residents she looks after at her care home. She lets me know if it is a bit strong.

Thats good that she help you whit that :)

Funny when I actually had to wear 24/7 I can't say I didn't love my nappies but it was trickey and got a bit trying, I always used wipes between changes and a thin dusting of powder due to paranoia of smelling.

If you drink lots of water, practice good hygiene and are lucky you may get away without a lingering pee smell.

PetPuppyAlex said:
When you say "smell like pee" do you mean after you showers and clean your diaper region thoroughly? I have a bad sense of smell (can't tell a strawberry from a banana) and sometimes I think I smell after my shower.

Lonti said:
good job :) It'll be interesting to see how things go for you down the way. The first times I tried for a few consecutive days of 24/7 it got tough around day 3 so keep us posted :)

Not a bad idea. I wonder how tough it will get, and for what reasons.

24/7 diaper log, entry 1:

I started rather erroneously, by deciding to start right after work on Wednesday. I had begun always wearing at work for convenience, and I won't want to give that up. This will mean I wear for a weak, plus a day at work. As far as I'm concerned, that's alright.

After that first diaper, at work, I ran out of lavender powder and now am using original. It smells so baby like, and it's intoxicating in a good way. I didn't know it would smell this good. It's the new favorite.

Wednesday night, I feel a slight irritation near the right leg guard. I tried to wear a wet diaper to bed, but ended up changing for that reason. I still got decent sleep, and did not change before work. That decision, I didn't regret. Diaper held up nicely, and I showered just before bed. It was somewhat odd, diapering before even applying deodorant, or brushing my teeth, but I wanted to somewhat emulate the incontinent life.

Thursday Evening, today at time of writing, I was invited to swim. I let this slide, as if I were truly incontinent I would have a swim diaper, so being a shut in wouldn't be any more accurate. Besides, I didn't pee again until showering, to get the chlorine out of my hair.

I only had 24 diapers when I started, so I've ordered some Little Paws from ABU. I am excited to try this new diaper, hopefully it'll be too thick to wear at work. (I've been wearing Bellissimo, for comparison.)

Over all, no problems so far, but I wonder if I might lose sleep some nights and fall asleep easier on others due to wearing.

CinnaSwirls said:
Over all, no problems so far, but I wonder if I might lose sleep some nights and fall asleep easier on others due to wearing.

My experience (and that of many others here) has been: impossible get to sleep to start with, have to change out to fall asleep. then over time, able to get to sleep. your first few mornings waking up diapered is intense. And after awhile, not being able to get to sleep without a diaper. :) Still quite enjoyable waking up diapered tho, even 8 years in. Was just thinking to myself this morning, waking up in a moderately wet bambino teddy, "wouldn't have it any other way, livin' the dream" (and for me years ago, waking up in the morning diapered was a dream/fantasy)

tickles51 said:
When you say "smell like pee" do you mean after you showers and clean your diaper region thoroughly? I have a bad sense of smell (can't tell a strawberry from a banana) and sometimes I think I smell after my shower.

What I mean is, while you're diapered and your diaper is not clean, you smell more than you think you do. For example, I've been 24/7 (minus a few extra formal incidences where I absolutely could not afford to smell like pee and baby powder, and like... the beach or situations where I'm just gonna sweat wayyyyy too much and I know it because I have terrible skin and full diaper + bad skin = super breakouts, and yes I frequently use lotion..) for coming up on two years now? I think? I dunno, I'm not counting, I kinda just stopped bothering with underwear. And for a while I just stuck to my once in the morning, once at night schedule no matter how heavy my wetting throughout the day was. And sometimes (say I wake up and change for 8-9am) by like 3pm, after a few coffees, a glass of OJ, a redbull, and several glasses of water make their way through me, I stiiiiiiiink. And to me its a subtle smell and I actually even like it. Pee and baby powder is the best cologne lol. But one day, I had the day off with my girlfriend where I was gently reminded that my diapers are not smell proof and that fact was clear from a solid 3-4 feet around me. Needless to say, as much as I like the smell, being a 24/7er and not wanting to risk having my community misrepresented, I bring an extra change if it's shaping up to be a heavy wetting day (; I stick to the once a day, once a night routine for budgeting reasons. But I'd rather bring the extra diaper and maybe even some baby wipes. Because have you ever had to sit next to that unfortunate soul in elementary school who always smelled dank of pee? If you're not careful, you're that unfortunate soul and people definitely silently notice. I just like to be considerate and that's something I'd never considered because it's not like I'm around diapered people all day.

CinnaSwirls said:
So, I've made a great introduction, and then I suddenly reply, exclusively, for all the time I've been here. After that well received introduction I hope this next thread isn't a disappointment!

First thing I'll mention is, I don't exactly have a week off. I don't have any time off, in fact. However, my job doesn't involve much movement, boxes come down a belt and a send some of them down two chutes. And I've been wearing every day at work for two weeks now.

Wearing diapers 24/7 for a week just seems like a fun challenge. Other than job interviews, showering, and #2, I'd wear them for the full week.

My question is, is there anything I need to be aware of? Any consequence that might arise?
I think a number 2 could get uncomfortable and needs immediate changing. I think if you are committed to wearing 24/7 you are also probably committed to the chore of changing when wet or soiled and doing a good clean up. Bring several diapers and baby wipes. Personally this sounds awesome. Your post is not the least bit disappointing.

I have worn 24/7 for almost a year now (I have skipped some days).
Here are some of my thoughts to combat smells and to stay clean:

Drink a lot of water. About 1 liter (33 oz) every third hour.
Water dilutes your pee making it smell less.

Always change in the morning before you go to school/work.
Your pee is very concentrated in the mornings, since you haven't drunk anything in more than 8 hours, which will make it smell more.

Don't wear a wet diaper for more than 3 hours.
When your pee comes in contact with the air it starts to attract bacteria and turn in to ammonia which smells very bad.
So the more pee that's in your diaper and the longer it's in contact with the air the more it smells.
If you feel like you don't want to waste diapers because you haven't filled it up yet, start using thinner diapers.

Always use wet wipes during each change.
Clean up that pee that is still on your skin so it doesn't start to smell.
This will also help protect against diaper rash.

Change your clothes every day.
Especially clothes that comes in contact with the diaper.
I recommend wearing a onesie/bodysuit.

Shower every day before bed and wash diaper region thoroughly.
And use antiperspirant. And maybe even a little perfume.

Throw out your dirty/wet diapers every day and keep your home clean.
Even if you don't smell, your home might which in turn causes you and your clothes that to smell.

Change your bed sheets at least every other week.
Especially if you don't shower before bed.

All in all, stay clean!

Guys, I'm going to be honest. I had to use 3-4 diapers a day due to how many I had, so at the start of day 5 I had enough and just slept nude because, well, it was 5 AM. Since when did 2 wettings become uncomfortable? Since I had an inadequate supply for such a task.

I been wearing diapers to work since Monday I always want to wear all day my biggest fear is I will leak
Now I been us to being in diapers most of the the last few day . Now I don't want to stop it feel nice I feel more relax
babyshaun

I started to wear diapers last Tuesday afternoon. I have worn them 24/7 since then. Yeah, it gets rough around day 3 but it gets easier if you stick it out. I recommend drinking lots of water, even if you are not thirsty...drink water. Remember to replace you sodium levels because the water will flush your system. It keeps the smell away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back