Potty Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuggleTrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So I'm sure this comes up occassionally. What are your thoughts on potty training? I've kinda wanted to get training pants and use the big girl potty though be prone to accidents because I'm only two.

I would even like to have a potty chair if I could.

What are your thoughts on this?

i think , atleast for me, its part of it. i know for me and my big its a thing to know ive got to wear diapers while were doing the whole abdl thing because i cant make it to the toielt on time during such sessions but that dosent mean i dont try . i think its a nice little feeling to reach the toilet but still have an acient....at leaqst for me it is.

While we couldn't find an adult potty that wasn't medical or home health in nature, my wife and I did try this years and years ago. I wore bedwetter pants (Nikky made them in adult sizes back then) and she would take me to the potty periodically.

The one thing ABs cannot conceal is the size of their bodies. Sitting on the toilet and making "adult" noises in front of your "big" is still an embarrassing experience. We settled for my wearing the bedwetter pants every now and then. When she found I was wet, she'd put me back in diapers. I found I enjoyed that far more than the actual potty training experience.

I think potty training for ABDLs is a flexible concept and most of us could find something to enjoy around the idea. For example, a great and very simple thing that makes me feel little is somebody else asking if I need to use the bathroom. If someone who was in the know asked me if I needed to go potty (and used the word potty), I'd feel very small and it would be great. They wouldn't need to follow through or commit to some big RP scenario or anything, just asking if I need to potty if I haven't gone in a while would be awesome.

On the other hand, there definitely are more elaborate scenarios that could be fun and that some people have tried out. Things like planning out a set of rules in advance with a partner, wetting when not wearing a diaper and then being put back in diapers, or even going through a days-long scenario where you get a gold star for every trip to the bathroom could all potentially be fun with the right setup and the right person engaged with it. They are also harder to get going and could fall flat though, so I think it's really a question of the interests and fun of the individuals that would be involved.

ArchieRoni said:
I think potty training for ABDLs is a flexible concept and most of us could find something to enjoy around the idea. For example, a great and very simple thing that makes me feel little is somebody else asking if I need to use the bathroom. If someone who was in the know asked me if I needed to go potty (and used the word potty), I'd feel very small and it would be great. They wouldn't need to follow through or commit to some big RP scenario or anything, just asking if I need to potty if I haven't gone in a while would be awesome.

On the other hand, there definitely are more elaborate scenarios that could be fun and that some people have tried out. Things like planning out a set of rules in advance with a partner, wetting when not wearing a diaper and then being put back in diapers, or even going through a days-long scenario where you get a gold star for every trip to the bathroom could all potentially be fun with the right setup and the right person engaged with it. They are also harder to get going and could fall flat though, so I think it's really a question of the interests and fun of the individuals that would be involved.

Mostly this. I don't find it to be very fertile territory for myself, although I could see how it might be fun for a bit, coupled with long-term wearing. I think the biggest problem for me would be that I'm not that jazzed about any of the options for training pants. If money was no object, I could have sufficient quantities of cloth training pants but it's not really practical for how low on my list of desires this is. Maybe if there was a nice disposable pull-up with a smooth plastic shell, I could see it more easily.As it is, diapers are best for me.

HuggleTrouble said:
So I'm sure this comes up occassionally. What are your thoughts on potty training? I've kinda wanted to get training pants and use the big girl potty though be prone to accidents because I'm only two.

I would even like to have a potty chair if I could.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have an adult-sized potty chair in my bedroom.
Yes, it is a hospital style potty chair.

its not wat u have of toys, its if u have some one to do it with, who understand your needs and can give u the right attention, and will not judge u !!! :)

I wear Baby Pants' training pants instead of underwear, though I'm almost always dry in them. I just enjoy how they feel and the emotional fact that I'm a toddler in training.

dogboy said:
I wear Baby Pants' training pants instead of underwear, though I'm almost always dry in them. I just enjoy how they feel and the emotional fact that I'm a toddler in training.

I also bought a couple pairs of these on dogboy's recommendation (I sure hope you're getting a commission :)). I also mostly keep them dry, though I've had a few "accidents." Mostly I just love the feeling of having really thick underwear on and the training pants deliver that thickness between the legs without making noise or being revealing in any way. I've worn them to work several times now.

ArchieRoni said:
I also bought a couple pairs of these on dogboy's recommendation (I sure hope you're getting a commission :)). I also mostly keep them dry, though I've had a few "accidents." Mostly I just love the feeling of having really thick underwear on and the training pants deliver that thickness between the legs without making noise or being revealing in any way. I've worn them to work several times now.
I have alway wanted some of those.
I wear two pair of under wear at a time.
I do dribble after going a little bit.
No one understand stands a little inside hope I don't go to hospital lol.

Where do you guys get your training pants? I mean I found a lot of really cute ones ones on baby pants. I really want the butterfly or cupcake ones.

I have four pair of the BabyPants "My First Training Pants" in toddler white. They are very comfortable, but the sizing tends to vary a bit. They are not, of course, waterproof ... so if you wet, any outer clothing gets wet as well. I also have four pair of the old Comco training pants; they're a little more utilitarian than babyish.

HuggleTrouble said:
Where do you guys get your training pants? I mean I found a lot of really cute ones ones on baby pants. I really want the butterfly or cupcake ones.

Though Baby Pants (that's the name of the company) sells them, I get mine from Amazon because I can use my credit card. I think Baby Pants only takes Paypall.

- - - Updated - - -

ArchieRoni said:
I also bought a couple pairs of these on dogboy's recommendation (I sure hope you're getting a commission :)).

I think they should make me a partner....haha.

Potty-training, training pants, and accidents have fascinated me since I was small. Nowadays, yes, I would like to experience such a scenario... although it would be unsuccessful, of course. :)

I play that lots .... have an accident in my pants and get put into training pants or diapers. I love wearing training pants, trufits or goodnights to work and talk to myself into being a good girl and not having an accident in my pants at work. Its fun to do even by yourself. :)

My girlfriend and I enjoy our little time, and are flexible with each other's quirks, but personally we prefer different age ranges to each other.

When it's my turn to pick, I like to be 9-12 years old, too old to really be wetting my pants, but accidents happen! My little is a bed wetter, so has an excuse to be a diapered big boy occasionally.

My friend is a little girl. She prefers to be an older toddler/small child, around 3-5. She still needs her day time diapers, and hasn't mastered potty training at all, and isn't really interested in it. She prefers using her nappy.

Usually we play as friends, and take turns setting up our scenarios, and going along with each other's fantasies. Neither of us are really into having a caregiver, but prefer to be of a similar age.

But every now and then we will incorporate a caregiver role into our little dramas, and she will feel like being looked after. A few times I've been "The Babysitter," (neither of us were comfortable with the word Daddy) and I've had to try and get her to wear big girl panties, but she ends up wetting herself and being diapered.

I'm not that much into that aspect, but she enjoys it.

Every now and then I want to try to be a big girl and use the potty. I want the baby -pants training pants so bad. But Daddy is not to keen on that idea plus I have no feeling in my bladder so I do not know when I have to go potty. That is why daddy keeps me in just cloth diapers. But I would love to have the whole experience where I try them and daddy takes me to the potty and then if they are wet put me back in a diaper.

I'm glad this topic has come back up. Go back through any of my posts and you can see, this has really always been my thing. In some ways I almost feel out of place with the AB/DL community. I've spoken to Trevor and Kimba about this a few times, but potty training has always been something I've been fixated on.

In the past year, through talking with a friend I've come to the realization that it's a two part thing for me. On one hand, it's dominance when I want to act like a stubborn little boy and not use the potty like I'm told. At other times, it's submission when I do what I'm told to do, yet ironically awarded with the status of being a "big kid" which has a certain feeling of dominance associated in and of itself.

Idk man, I used to feel so guilty about this kind of thing but I'm super comfortable with it now. I love it :biggrin:

Going through the few posts I have made here, you can really see how it evolved over the years lol

- - - Updated - - -

I often wonder if this is enough of a deviation to have its own subgroup within the spectrum of AB/DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back