Mess Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yes, showering is preferable, but sometimes you cannot. This method of cleanup works consistently.

When removing the messed nappy, grab the back and wipe yourself from back to front. Set the nappy flat on a closed toilet seat and use the front of the nappy to wipe yourself from front to back. Use a paper towel (no, not toilet tissue or wipes) to remove any residual. Then use a few wipes for the final cleanup.

having a shaved bottom also tends to help with the process.

no- if you are a girl especially, DO NOT EVER WIPE FROM BACK TO FRONT!!!
Use baby wipes, 'spray and wipes', or aloe-vesta cleanser. And wipe FRONT TO BACK unless you are looking for a UTI

bluejewel said:
having a shaved bottom also tends to help with the process.

Absolutely.

kdlstarry9 said:
no- if you are a girl especially, DO NOT EVER WIPE FROM BACK TO FRONT!!!
Use baby wipes, 'spray and wipes', or aloe-vesta cleanser. And wipe FRONT TO BACK unless you are looking for a UTI

I figured that that was coming. It is okay for guys though.

Baby wipes will work (and I've certainly used them), but the Walgreens and the like have 12x8" wipes that are a lot less tedious. I buy mine at Sams Club which sells 6 packs of these for about what the drug stores sell singles for.

- - - Updated - - -

Kenn said:
I figured that that was coming. It is okay for guys though.

It's a long way from the perineal area to the urethral opening in guys (at least in most of us :))

Thanks for the info.

Yes a shower really is the best way to clean up from a mess. I will usually just stay in the mess until I can get to a shower. Thats why planning is a must when it comes to messing.

There have been a few times when I did not have access to a shower and I had to change in a public restroom. I did what you said and cleaned the best I could then put a clean diaper over my mostly cleaned bottom. A little residual wont stink.

Always have a bag with baby wipes and a clean diaper if your going into public.

I use pretty much the same method. Carefully remove the diaper and wipe. I do use wipes if I have them. Works really well for me

It is kinda hard to see what you are doing. A mirror or even a webcam is helpful.

WildRoseBaby said:
It is kinda hard to see what you are doing. A mirror or even a webcam is helpful.

I don't need to see. I just keep attacking with wipes until they come up clean.

Of course a shower is the most convient way to clean up after messing, but this method is a good alternative if a shower is not accessable. In a public restroom this methode combined with some baby wipes should get your bottom nice and clean again. Add some cream and put on a new diaper and off you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back