Status
Not open for further replies.

littleabjames

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I wanted to know how close are pull ups 5T and goodnights small in size.

Goodnites are a bit bigger, Especially if you get the L-XL. pretty comfy and probably one of the best pullup styles available at stores ^^ I used to wear the XL's before I started buying AB diapers oinline.

According to this post, the L/XL size recently shrunk by a whopping two inches (lengthwise) -- 22" down from 24". This puts it on par with UnderJams L/XL, Pampers Baby Dry 6, and a number of other size 6 and 7 baby diapers -- which is pretty crazy. L/XL? Not! Anyway, assuming the S/M size was proportionally reduced as well, it certainly wouldn't be much longer than Pull-Ups 4T-5T (19-1/2").

A real measurement would be nifty, though (I collect measurements), so if you have some or end up buying some, please let us know. :)

Huggies elastic being fairly unyielding, there's only a very slim chance you'd be able to pull on either GoodNites S/M or Pull-Ups 4T-5T. You'll need to be among the smaller 18-year-olds alive. With Pull-Ups, the chances are ultra slim because of the hook-and-loop side closures, which will just pop right open if your hips are too wide.

In short, if the point of your question is to gauge your chances of wearing 4T-5T Pull-Ups, I'll say "pretty much zero." With S/M GoodNites, I'll wager things improve slightly to "highly improbable." :) If you narrow your focus to GoodNites, the only reason to risk getting the S/M instead of the L/XL would be if you like the prints better. Just be ready to do some modding.

With PUll-UPs 4T-5T the velcro sides are the best idea they could have, you can extend the sizes of them easy by cutting some velcro sides of a Pull-Ups and use this part to extend the Pull-Ups size, it won't really fit the proper way you would expect, but it works as intended if you're careful when wetting them, much funny is the Cool Alert ones.

CodyBaby said:
With PUll-UPs 4T-5T the velcro sides are the best idea they could have, you can extend the sizes of them easy by cutting some velcro sides of a Pull-Ups and use this part to extend the Pull-Ups size, it won't really fit the proper way you would expect, but it works as intended if you're careful when wetting them, much funny is the Cool Alert ones.

Indeed. I mean, with modding, you can wear anything! :) And the hook-and-loop thing presents a unique opportunity, I suppose. The trouble is, the 19" length on Pull-Ups is smaller than all size 6 baby diapers in existence, and smaller even than many size 5's. So keeping them up is the bigger worry! It's sorta funny, because you'd kind of expect a product for older children to be bigger than a product for babies, but because they're going for a low-rise, underwear-like fit with these pull-up products, the opposite is actually true.

But I don't see the hook-and-loop stuff as a big advantage for modding. With Easy-Ups, GoodNites, and UnderJams, it's often enough just to cut away the lower couple of inches of elastic on each side, like this. The elastic welds (or hook-and-loop closures) tend to pop first at the bottom because the leg holes are too small for adults. Alleviate this, and you can often shimmy into them just fine. Even with a 38" waist and 44" hips, that allows me to pull on Easy-Ups, although they do look ridiculous. :) With the stiffer Huggies elastic, a large-waisted person like me has to get fancier, like this. Regardless, there are answers. I do think that, for many, the idea of modding is a killjoy.

There was a great thread on pull-up modding back in the old TB forum. For better or worse, all those threads are gone now.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Indeed. I mean, with modding, you can wear anything! :) And the hook-and-loop thing presents a unique opportunity, I suppose. The trouble is, the 19" length on Pull-Ups is smaller than all size 6 baby diapers in existence, and smaller even than many size 5's. So keeping them up is the bigger worry! It's sorta funny, because you'd kind of expect a product for older children to be bigger than a product for babies, but because they're going for a low-rise, underwear-like fit with these pull-up products, the opposite is actually true.

But I don't see the hook-and-loop stuff as a big advantage for modding. With Easy-Ups, GoodNites, and UnderJams, it's often enough just to cut away the lower couple of inches of elastic on each side, like this. The elastic welds (or hook-and-loop closures) tend to pop first at the bottom because the leg holes are too small for adults. Alleviate this, and you can often shimmy into them just fine. Even with a 38" waist and 44" hips, that allows me to pull on Easy-Ups, although they do look ridiculous. :) With the stiffer Huggies elastic, a large-waisted person like me has to get fancier, like this. Regardless, there are answers. I do think that, for many, the idea of modding is a killjoy.

There was a great thread on pull-up modding back in the old TB forum. For better or worse, all those threads are gone now.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the sizing change for Goodnites. They used to fit me perfectly, and now they don't. They're still long enough to function properly, but don't quite feel right anymore.

I recently got some L-XL Goodnites from Amazon and they are much larger than any I've had before. I don't know if they are having sizing and quality control problems or if it was from a much older batch. It had the old design so I'm thinking they were getting rid of some older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back