Slightly Incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbow

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
It's a bit of an embarrassing topic to talk about, and it has nothing to do with my AB side, nor do I want it to. I'm just looking for help. I believe I may have stress incontinence or "Giggle incontinence". It only happens when while I'm standing up and I'm laughing really hard. It's not a little bit either, my entire bladder releases when it happens. Luckily, no one's figured out yet since I wear dark clothing a lot of the time. It's extremely awkward and embarrassing. Over the span of 6 years, it's happened 4 times with about 5 additional close calls. I just turned 18, and I figured I'd grow out of it by now, but it's starting to happen more frequently. I need help. I don't know what to do. I don't want to go to a doctor or tell my parents. I just need advice. Anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~Moonbow

Last edited:
Have you tried diapers or actually telling your parents and the doctor, they will find out sooner or later if you don't wear diapers

Angelic said:
Have you tried diapers or actually telling your parents and the doctor, they will find out sooner or later if you don't wear diapers
I haven't tried them yet. I don't exactly know where to start, or how to hide them. I still live with my parents. I'm lucky enough to do my own laundry and niether of them have figured out any of this so far.

I'm afraid that they only advice I can give you is the advice that you don't want to hear. Go to a doctor. If it's happening more frequently, especially given how young you are, its potentially a serious issue that you need a professional opinion on, no matter how embarrassing it might be. There's not a lot of help that we can give otherwise. About the only things you can do without talking to a doctor are a) wear nappies, or b) perform pelvic floor muscle exercises in order to strengthen the muscles that help control urination - but even that really requires medical advice, and there's no guarantee that it will be effective.

From your perspective, there's probably no good answer, but objectively, some courses of action are certainly better than others. However embarrassing discussing this with a medical professional, or even your parents, might be, wetting yourself in public has got to be worse... right?

Akastus said:
I'm afraid that they only advice I can give you is the advice that you don't want to hear. Go to a doctor. If it's happening more frequently, especially given how young you are, its potentially a serious issue that you need a professional opinion on, no matter how embarrassing it might be. There's not a lot of help that we can give otherwise. About the only things you can do without talking to a doctor are a) wear nappies, or b) perform pelvic floor muscle exercises in order to strengthen the muscles that help control urination - but even that really requires medical advice, and there's no guarantee that it will be effective.

From your perspective, there's probably no good answer, but objectively, some courses of action are certainly better than others. However embarrassing discussing this with a medical professional, or even your parents, might be, wetting yourself in public has got to be worse... right?
Very true. I guess it was inevitable to begin with. Nevertheless, thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back