Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
so i bought a cloth aio diaper. I bought it so that i could sleep in it snugly and hapily but not use it. But when wearing it i just have the urge to use it cause im used to that. I dont wear it during the day because i don't want it getting stained. O don't have a problem at night anymore. So when i bought it it came with washing instructions directing me to wash it before wearing it. I thought that was for the people majority of them who would wear/use it but as i stated i did not plan to use it. My question is if i use it for urination and wash it after wash will it be yellow? or look used still? will it absorb and not leak? I got a dependico cloth aio mlp diaper. If i use it do i have to wash it immediately? or will it dry? My problem is i try to keep everything i own in pristine new condition.:sweatdrop: so can anyone with these diapers or not help me out?

No, urine will not stain your diapers. It washes out quite thoroughly. Most of my cloth diapers are gleaming white despite having been used for wetting many times. The only non-white ones are my organic cotton and bamboo prefolds, which were off-white to start with. As for washing or not: Do it! Even if you don't plan on wetting your diaper, a few wash/dry cycles will make the padding softer and thicker.

If you don't want to wash your diaper immediately after using it, you'll want a pail system -- to contain the smell, at the very least. Long-term exposure to urine will weaken fabric, so pail systems often use a solution (can be as simple as water and borax) to dilute harmful chemicals, loosen soil, and keep stains from setting.

I tend to use my cloth diapers only when I can immediately do a wash. With inquisitive kids and a non-participating spouse, having a diaper pail really wouldn't work.

Reactions: Sitherus
Washing it before use serves the purpose of allowing it to absorb more by fluffing up on the inside. It'll reach full absorbency after 5 or so washes. No need to wash it immediately, but from what I've read, no more than 3 days between washes. Ask Cottontail! Man knows his cloth. As far as washing goes, I wanna try soap nuts. They reportedly clean and soften cloth diapers, without buildup in the fibers, and they're antimicrobial, and only toxic if you're a fish!

These liquids rate high on cloth diapers.
Charlie's Soap Laundry Liquid
Mountain Green Laundry Liquid
Allens Naturally laundry Liquid
Bio-O-Kleen laundry Liquid
Country Save laundry Liquid

I've got the same AIO's and none of them have any stains in them. Some now are over two years old
and are just as white when they were new. I use mine daily. I do use a booster pad with them. If you
do happen to flood yours I would rinse it out good in the sink or shower. That will get the urine out
while it's still wet. Then you can put it in the washer and wash it. That's what I do with mine if I soak
it real good. I rinse it out and then put it in my pail with water and the detergent I use to wash it in
later on in the day or the next day. I use Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean to wash all of my cloth diapers.

One other question, What should i wash it with? its this one EPIC PICTURE
I have a bunch of pink stuff and a bunch of grey stuff. the pink stuff is my sissy stuff and my grey stuff is my normal wear. can i wash them with jeans? will the pink color my other clothes?

Sitherus said:
One other question, What should i wash it with? its this one EPIC PICTURE
I have a bunch of pink stuff and a bunch of grey stuff. the pink stuff is my sissy stuff and my grey stuff is my normal wear. can i wash them with jeans? will the pink color my other clothes?

I think the colors in your AIO are color fast. There shouldn't be any bleeding of colors into your other clothes. I hand wash
mine so I don't have that problem.

oleman72 said:
I think the colors in your AIO are color fast. There shouldn't be any bleeding of colors into your other clothes. I hand wash
mine so I don't have that problem.

ok thanks

I'll be honest, I bought a Dependico AIO (Spider-Man/Thomas) in size small a while back and was a bit disappointed with the absorbency/feel at first.

HOWEVER I can't overemphasize what others have said about the absorbency/softness actually increasing quite a bit over time. I've probably washed mine about 5ish times, and they seem almost like a different diaper from what I remember them being at first.

As far discoloration, I haven't really noticed anything...although to be fair I'll only occasionally use them for #1 (not a fan of messing at all) and I tend to have really clear, unconcentrated urine, and they get washed very very thoroughly. So--mileage may vary. They're both very color heavy and look the same as they did when I bought them aside from being slightly fluffier from all the machine drying.

If you
do happen to flood yours I would rinse it out good in the sink or shower. That will get the urine out
while it's still wet. Then you can put it in the washer and wash it.

Hey what if i wet it then shower in it then stick it in the dryer or would shampoo hurt it. Axe shampoo.

Anyone
?_?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back